Almost Instant Regret and Now Just Confused - Ontario, CA

Hi every one , So I got a tattoo about just over...

Hi every one ,
So I got a tattoo about just over two weeks ago which I never thought in a million years I'd feel regret over ( I'm artistic and I love tattoos and I have 4 small ones already which I'm fine with) but almost instantly when I took the bandages off I freaked out. Couldn't eat , sleep and full of anxiety.. Not because it was a poor tattoo or the design but the sheer size of it and shock of seeing somthing so big on my body just sent me into a complete panic attack. Since then I've been researching tattoo removal and just wondering what the likeliness of removing this would be? ( note the 3 falling cherry blossom more so on the back under the wing are pre existing and I want to keep. Been feeling so conflicted and sad when I look at myself in the mirror now .. Just feel ugly and that I've made a mistake. *sigh* sad thing is I took about 3 years to think of the design. Well I guess you live and learn.. It's not finished no shading obviously and I'm glad for that because if I do decide to do laser it's less to do at least. Thanks for the support. Cheers

Also..

Does anyone know (doctors included) if the newer the tattoo the more likely of having full removal? This is another thig I'm factoring into my decision and if so I don't want to wait too long to make a decision. Just curious, thanks!

I agree its a nice design but then again many people said same to me and I've started laser treatment. If you've ended up on here it seems your already sure your not happy with it. You can split treatments up into halves. I recommend picosure it works absolute wonders on black ink. Only been a week since my first treatment and theres clear breakup in the script on my ankle.
Hey there, First off, I'd be happy it's in an area you can cover... I went for the large outline but on my arm... (Yea been a tough year) my clinic had me wait 8 weeks to start, it was placed November 7, 2012 and first laser session was January 24?, 2013 (don't remember exactly but I have a review up, a long one since I document feelings as well as removal) I'm on my 5th session, and from what I've learn an outline takes more time then the shading does because an outline is intended to be the bold lines that your artist is working in... Either way, I have seen fading, fading that is hard to fully capture on photos but it's there... It is a long, painful, and draining process... But at least for myself, I knew I couldn't learn to love it and refused to pretend to... Good luck!!
It looks nice to me as well!!
It looks nice to me as well!!
hey, i had a tattoo and didnt like it very soon after, i actually went to get it lasered and was told it was too soon and it needs 8-10 weeks before any lasering can take place. Some people say newer tattoos are better for laser, and some say older ones remove easier, its all who you ask..Be thankful its in a covered area so no one will be seeing it,even though it dosent look to poorly done but it is just a outline, but the lines look failrly clean, wait 2 months than go for the laser, in that time you could possibly get over the initial shock on your virgin skin.. good luck
Thanks a lot for your input . I was definatly not going to rush I to any decisions and was going to take my time on thinking about it and trying to embrace it . This isn't my first tattoo but it is however my first large one . It was well executed so it's not that it's a bad tattoo but I am having a hard time adjusting to it and seein it on my body. Thanks again ! Are u still waiting to hear about if laser is a good option for you?
It's a beautiful tattoo. I say keep it. It is very elegant and as your body ages it is still going to look gorgeous.
Thank you that's very kind of you to say xox
Hey! I have read your story and I found it very closely to mine! I also did the big mistake with a tattoo and after doing it I thought that it's the part of me and I loved this tattoo but after a week! yes a week! I got depressed because of the tattoo....and I understand you well... ;) Hope you're doing well, waiting for some information!
How are you feeling now about it? We are all here to support one another I hope everything works out the way you want it !
Thanks a lot for your info ! Unfortunatly I'm not located in the US but all the info is great to know :) thanks!
I'm rowing in the same boat as you. LOL Mine is approximately 8x10, half sleeve. I worked for months laying out what I wanted, things that were important to me, to commemorate life's milestones. At 45yrs, and my first ink, this was no snap decision. The artist and I spoke several times, I sent pictures, we discussed in detail what I wanted. He nodded, agreed, and did exactly what HE wanted to do...which is hideous on a woman's arm. LOL Hey, if I don't laugh, I'm going to cry and I cried already, so that option is off the table, now! Your ink is GORGEOUS! I went for a consult yesterday for removal, and have spoken with a couple of other offices. Universally, they're saying to wait a good 3-4 weeks before thinking about removal, and longer may be necessary. The skin needs to be healed and definitely not inflamed before getting insulted by the laser. Makes sense.... So, maybe that will give you time to see if you can adjust. It really is a lovely piece. Mine....not so much! It would look great on a big ol' manly man's arm. The individual pieces are too large, with nothing to help feminize it....no flowers or flourishes that I asked for. Sigh... I'm determined to have ink, but if I'm going to carry it around for the next half of my life, it's going to be the ink I want! Chin up! Look at it this way....if you keep it, you have an awesome tattoo. If you decide to do away with it, you have a great story to tell later. It's all good!
Thank u so much for the support you have no idea how much it has meant to me that all these people on here have given me so muh support. Makes this hard time easier. Yup , I am lucky that m piece isn't poorly done or ugly I think for me it's there sheer shock on it being on my body that's making me uncomfortable. I'm so sorry your piece didn't turn out the way you wanted it makes me sad :( keep me posted on your journey

Hi there trufles 1968, I just read your comment and had a smile the whole way through, you are very positive and it's so wonderful that you are taking the time to encourage and support other members, thank you for that! As for your tattoo, so sorry it didn't turn out like you had hoped but with your amazing attitude towards this, you will have the ink you desire.I hope to see a review from you soon :)

Thank you, Eva G! We're documenting the process, and I'll be happy to post when I have more to show. I'm a bit of a photography nut, so will have lots of pics. I'm anxiously awaiting quotes for picosure removal, so I can make a fairly level comparison between it and the q-switch. It's going to be an adventure! :-)

We love lots of photos...so snap away and post ;) Look forward to following your progress! Hope all is well!

bytheway, if u want to laser. Dont listen people who say it goes off slowly and so on. It all depends how deep artist put ink, where it is and so on. I was removing month old tattoo and got like 10% clearance with single pass. now i did second threatment and it did not show so much clearance and was less painful to, but i must wait months to see real visuals if it did work or not. it is long process and if u want to really remove it, then u must do it but if u actually like the picture, then let it be.
Girl, your tattoo is wery good done. Try to not make it to colorful, choose your favorit colors and make it complite. It is beautiful, belive me. I regret my tattoo because artist did it wery badly and even lied in my face that he wanted to make dynamic picture more realistic. Lets say then with sloppyness. I felt i was used, lied in my face and i feel like practice paper. Aldo artist was a good person but i saw shame in hes eyes when i did show him hes large and maasive and much mistakes what he has done. Now i am lasering, gladly it goes off good... willing to make coverup next year.
I'm sorry that yours did not turn out the way u wanted :( thank u for your support and I hope your process isn't too long . Were all here for u
show it off... it's beautiful. you'll get so much more comfortable with it once you get some positive reactions. and the body pushes out a lot of ink over the first 6 months, so it's not really worth doing it when it's fresher than 6 months because you'll just end up expensively and painfully doing the fading that would happen naturally anyway. just try it out for the first 6 months. once you start the removal, you can't really stop.. it will never be as crisp as it was again. and once you start removal, your side will be a big wound for at least a year on and off. it's really beautiful work. just don't get it coloured in/filled in. but it does deserve to be shown off and enjoyed at least a little bit before you start the laser (if that ends up being necessary.)
Thank u I appreciate your words. I'm taking it day by day trying to feel it out and see how I feel. I haven't had any negative responses to the design I guess I'm just trying to feel comfortable in my own skin. Sometimes that's the hardest part . Thank u again :)
The curves in the tattoo work so well on your body; i think it was placed really well to enhance your waist and hips. you're really lucky.. that's not an easy thing to do. the canvas has to have nice proportions and the artist has to have a really good eye for form. yea.. you're lucky.
Thank you very much , that's very nice of you to say that it's flattering and makes me feel thankful for that at least :)
I totally agree. Live with it for at least 6 months (maybe a year) before you make any decisions.