What Should I Expect? - Oman, OM

I had cosmelan done a week ago in the clinic and...

I had cosmelan done a week ago in the clinic and had to leave it on for 8 hrs. Next day my face was swollen and red which the Dr said was normal. My skin started peeling on day 2 with very bad redness. I'm still red with slight peeling but alot of itching and tightness! I went back to my Dr on day 5 and she said its all normal. Now its day 7 and my skin is so tight and looks like I was a burn victim! I'm so depressed and worried that sth has gone wrong! The Dr told me to apply the cream from day 3 once at night only. My question is who long does it take for the redness and burnt like skin to subside? imo worried

Did you skin get better Rana? I started using the Cosmelan cream and am a bit worried by the redness/tightness..
Be careful with this product. It contains hydroquinone in high percentage, a very dangerous and prohibited substance that can provoke irreversible side effects. Treatment with cosmelan leads to a very aggressive skin desquamation and reddening that makes the skin very sensitive and vulnerable to external factors. Hydroquinone may cause many undesirable side effects such as permanent post inflammatory hyperpigmentations, ochronosis, lack of skin elasticity and in many cases cancer. The cosmelan manufacturer has a lot of legal complaints and the product has been prohibited in many countries. Please, don’t risk your health, there are other solutions in the market less dangerous and more effective.

HI gisela... I did a lot of research before I went for it and only heard good reviews.. Personally, I would never go for it again! my skin is still red and peeling although its been 3 weeks! its been a bad couple of weeks and I almost got into depression. Never again. Results are ok still I'm having some spots but the Dr said I need to be patient!

emc