Question about C-Section scar! Omaha, NE

I am a 36 yr old mom of 3 little girls, age 10, 7...

I am a 36 yr old mom of 3 little girls, age 10, 7 and 6. All c sections. I have always had a pooch but after my babies it was more like a flap! I also recently lost almost 100 pounds and I am now 5'8” and 145 pounds and work out a lot but my stomach is a mess! Anyway, after years of going back and forth, i have decided to do it! Where Im nervous? Pain of TT vs c section (which I handled pretty well). Also, Im scared to death the PS will leave me looking like Franken~Tummy. Help anyone with the anxiety!

OMG!!!! My surgery got moved up to the 11th of...

OMG!!!! My surgery got moved up to the 11th of February! My pre op is in 2 weeks! I talked to the doctor today about some of my anxiety and she helped reassure me. So Im feeling better. My only other feeling is guilt! About spending so much money on a very vain thing when I have kiddos. Also, I feel guilty about asking for the needed help for an elective surgery ....boy, I need to get over it! Haha! But I am truly getting excited!

I talked to a friend who had a tummy tuck and she...

I talked to a friend who had a tummy tuck and she said her experience was awful. She had very bad pain and her scar keloided. Has anyone had this?

Hi all. Well, I'm 1 week and 6 days from pre op...

Hi all. Well, I'm 1 week and 6 days from pre op and 4 weeks and 2 days from surgery! I am feeling a lot more relaxed. After years of wanting this surgery, the shock of it coming to fruition sort of shocked me! Anyway, I've spent some time talking to friends who had this surgery and though I've got mixed reviews, most say the same thing: 1. It hurts so be prepared but 2. Its worth it. I think if I go into it with that in mind, I can mentally be prepared. Besides, my husband is amazing! He says if it makes me more confident, he will do all thats necessary to make me feel better about it. I'm a little worried about the post operation depression. Has anyone experienced that? I had a bout of post partum depression after my girls so that is a little scary. I am getting more comfortable and excited. I just want it over with! Also, i have a wedding to go to about 5 weeks after the surgery...do you guys think I will be up to it? I hope! My husband is in the wedding! Wanna be able to wear a hot dress and dance with my jot husband! Haha! So, my last question is what are the "must have" supplies for post surgery? Wanna be prepared to the hilt!!!!! Thanks all! You've all been great!

Sorta had a sad thing today. My 6 yr old daughter...

Sorta had a sad thing today. My 6 yr old daughter was very upset this morning and I asked her what was wrong. She didn't want to tell me at first but then said, with tears, "Momma, I know I've told you to get rid of your belly, but now I'm afraid the doctor is gonna make you dead!". OMG!!! I feel like crap for putting my baby through this unnecessary worry! It took my husband to calm us both down. God love that man! She opened up and we ended up having a whole family discussion with her and my other two daughters. We let them express their worries and ask questions I tried not to scare them with my own worries too much but my heart broke for them. I'm sure they'd rather have a flabby belly mom then none at all! Am I overreacting?!?!

Welp! I just purchased the first of my supplies....

Welp! I just purchased the first of my supplies. Got some comfy clothes and some Tylenol and baby wipes and a various bunch of other things! Buying all this really makes it seem very real and very close! I am 1 week from pre op and less then 4 weeks from surgery. Most of the nerves have subsided into excitement and mental preparation. I am just ready! I know its gonna be a hard road but I'm ready to get it going! I just envision a summer of bikinis and tankinis versus one piece granny suits. I envision cute dresses that dont have a huge bulge in the front. I envision no more rashes and infection under my flap! Ahhhhhhhh! Yep....officially excited!

I have a great hubby!! He bought me a new leather...

I have a great hubby!! He bought me a new leather recliner for the living room for after my surgery! He's awesome. So in return I'm doin 10 days worth of freezer meals for him and the kids. Any good suggestions for freezer meals?

I have had three c sections and my vajayjay bulges...

I have had three c sections and my vajayjay bulges a little at the top where the scar meets it. Will the TT fix that or make it worse? Do they cut the c section scar out?

Hey girl. Long time no hear. How are you?
Hi there! How did your results turn out?!
So excited for you, That is cool we are so close to each other. You should come visit me the day after I get home so you can decide if you really want to do this or not LOL. J/K you want to do it, you will be great :) One of my biggest fears was also that I would wake up and my belly would be all jagged and ugly but honestly I have so many stretch marks its not like I would ever pull it out anyways. Im just trying to get rid of the extra skin and have a flat belly. One thing I keep thinking about is the pain and how I feel like I wont have the right to complain because I didnt have to have this surgery. Is that weird?
Omg I totally get that! The pain is gonna suck but I feel guilty for saying so cause I did it to myself.... so how can I say anything. Totally get that!!"
I had three c-sections- The scar is now gone and replaced by the TT scar, pretty much in the same location- of course much longer :)
I haven't got my c section scar anymore just the one scar from TT. Its at the same level as c section scar...i don't have 2 scars.
My docter told me he was going to go below the c-section but now that i saw my scar today i noticed he stayed a little above. It's funny though i thought my c-section scar was lower into pubic area and now that he pulled the skin together it's a little higher.
so far, my freezer meal list includes: seasoned meat for "taco or nacho" night spaghetti/meat sauce stew pulled bbq beef or pork sausage gravy for "breakfast" night misc. homemade sausage/egg/cheese biscuits. scrambled egg/sausage/cheese buritos. lunch meat/cheese/mayo sandwiches. sausage/cream cheese croissants. .... for breakfast and lunches.
Perfect! I was thinking lasagna, chicken enchiladas, a roast for the crock pot, and some sort of chicken dish. I like the pulled bbq and taco meat ideas too! Good stuff! And if my husband has his way, we'll be ordering pizza every night! Cant go ruining my new tummy with that! Ha!
ha, i know....it would be pizza everynight here as well!
it definately going to be take out for the kids here..lol Going to make my hubby cook me grilled chicken (Protein), drink plenty of water, eat jello, fresh fruits and veggies. Make sure to eat healthy, get up and moving and drink plenty of water. You do not want to get constipated after abdominal surgery.
I'm destined to get constipated. I always do with narcotics. Bad!!! So I will be taking everything I can think of to prevent that. And I am a very conscience eater. I watch every bit that goes in my mouth so the healthy part, I'm good with.
I bought Oleeva Scar shapes to use after my surgery. I did alot of research on them. They are a little pricey but it is worth it to limit the scarring after surgery (-: My surgery is 2/12/13
Awesome. I will have to check it out! We will stay in touch during our recovery! Share stories and complaints. :). Haha!
hi onenervousredhead....i am 2 days behind you! my surgery was moved up this morning to 2-13-13. i am new to this site....what are the cough drops for?
When you are put under you're throat gets a little itchy and the cough drops help you from coughing cause coughing with a big ole incision would suck!! And happy surgery for you! Say in touch. We'll sit and swap stories! Ha!
Oh another item was a light cotton robe. I didn't wear clothes for the first five days. Between drains and binders who want to worry about pants etc
This is TMI, but I rarely wear underwear. And I was wondering if I should for support during all this
No underwear Wont provide the support you need. They'll just get in the way.
Im 4 1/2 wks po and you will be up to it. Not 100% and maybe still swollen but up to it. I would suggest as some must haves: guaze,medical tape, heating pad for back, lots of pillows, recliner,handled brush for first showers, walker or in my case computer chair to help walk, bromelian,arnica, lots of loose pants because yours wont fit for weeks despite looking skinny, cough drops for sure! If your getting a muscle repair all of that will be helpful if not you might not need a lot of it. Walking upright and back pain is more associated with the MR. GOODLUCK!
Thanks for the suggestions for sure! What is bromelian and arnica? What are they for?
They are natural plant extracts that reduce swelling and bruising. A lot of us use it and my dr actually gave me the arnica. It's debatable if I works but there's no harm in taking it.
Can it just be picked up at any drug store or do you have to get it from GNC?
I got mine from a local health food store
If I can remember one helps with infections and the other helps with healing!