Post Op Not As I Expected - Omaha, NE

Overall the experience prior and during surgery...

Overall the experience prior and during surgery was as I expected. It felt as if my doctor had done several of the same procedures and it did feel a bit like an assembly line. But Dr. Brunateau and the nurses were all very helpful and accomodating throughout the process.
When I scheduled my appointment, everything was explained to me. I watched a video on the procedure that explained overall options and complications. Dr Brunateau repeated this information to me in his own words one on one. I was also shown around the facility so I would know what to expect day of.
The staff was very courteous, professional, and helpful.
Hi there, Welcome and thanks so much for offering your opinion on your doctor.

With more detail about your experience - such as why you had the surgery, tips for getting good results, pros/cons, information on the recovery/pain/downtime and before & after photos - our team can add your story to the main community.

As the community manager, I'm asked all the time to keep encouraging people to share more details, which is so helpful for others considering these procedures. So please accept this as a well-intentioned request from thousands.
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Brunateau was very nice and helpful and I have always felt comfortable around him. I feel like Dr. Brunateau did a good job of going over what complications could occur but I would have liked a more 'personal' touch to this - what was more likely in my own case. I really did not have a discussion on options either aside from saline vs. silicone. My exam was very short and minimal. I was not encouraged to try on bras or feel implants to make a decision. Basically just looked at imaging. Unfortunately after surgery, I did not see Dr. Brunateau again until my 7 week postop visit (saw either a PA or another Dr). At seven weeks post op, I was fairly happy with my results but was starting to notice one breast softening and the other was not as well as a visible double bubble in my left breast. Dr. Brunateau gave me some massages to do to loosen them up and told me that they may loosen more in the next several weeks to where the double bubble would be less noticeable. Now about three months postop, I am not as happy as I was in the beginning. I am having problems with hardness in my left breast, my stitch site is inflamed, I have a double bubble, and muscle flexation deformities in both breasts. I also got silicone under the muscle and have rippling on both breasts. I hope I get to visit with Dr. Brunateau and will get good information on what to expect and measures that need to be taken - hoping that some of this is just healing process. Will have to see what Dr. Brunateau suggests at my next appointment.