Old Formula Was Great, New Formula is a Waste of Money - Massachusetts

I used the cosmelan maintenance cream, C2, without...

I used the cosmelan maintenance cream, C2, without the mask with great results for a couple of years. Recently the formula has changed, however, and it does not work well at all now. I don't know about the mask as I haven't tried this, but would be worried about using the mask if the maintenance cream no longer works.

I had Cosmelan 1 applied at the dermatologist's office for $1000. The cosmelan 2 and face lotion were sent home with me (as well as the small remainder of Cosmelan 1, in case any areas rubbed off.) It wasn't even the dermatologist that applied it. Sooo expensive. It did, however, work. There was vast improvement in my skin where the dark spots were (cheeks and above upper lip which was embarassing b/c it resembled a mustache and I'm a girl!). My face peeled, was very red, and after a few days I started the Cosmelan 2. My skin remained sensitive to the Cosmelan 2 and was always red in the areas I applied it to. I began wearing Aveno or Neutrogena sunscreen. I eventually stopped the Cosmelan 2 b/c of the redness. I feel that even with sunscreen, when I am out in the sun, the darkness begins to return, which is frustrating. I have also noticed I am getting the dark spots on my forehead. Before the cosmelan treatment I tried Philosophy skin lightener with no results. I am now trying Clinique, only been a few days. I do recommend Cosmelan, however, I feel the $1000 price was a bit much; I would shop around for cheaper dermatologists. If Clinique doesn't work I will likely try Cosmelan again, but I am afraid it will keep returning. Unfortunately, I have been avoiding activities in the sun. For women with this problem, I was also told hormones and birth control could play a part in it. Hope this helps.
What is old and what is new formula? Attention on this matter is highly appreciated. Thanks and Regards!
After reading those comments, now I am afraid to take a chance to have "Cosmelan" on my face.
Should I go for cosmelan peels? I have got dep set in hyperpigmentation. Would it affect positively to my dry & pigmented skin?
I am 28 years old and I currently have mild sun spots. I use to have very pretty skin, but a year ago my skin completely changed. I started to get brown spots and they just kept getting worse. Any exposure to the sun made them darker. In November of last year, it got very bad. I used Triluma and it helped. The brown patches are light. I heard about Cosmelan and am researching what it is, its cost and side effects. My biggest fear is that my skin will get worse. My skin is very delicate. Triluma was very strong on my skin. Any advice??
Try a patch test. I would never apply the product straight to my face without doing a patch test first.
Hi, My cousin had a really bad face untill she applied the cosmelan mark (by a Dr) and after that her face was WOW she had a baby skin again... BUT the pb is that she can not go out of the house without wearing a very noticible amount of sunblock otherwise her face will be damaged again,.... she kept using the sunblock for long time, after that i dont know what happened maybe she forgot to put sunblock someday or something,,, now her skin is worse than before?!!!!
I had the cosmelan treatment about 8 months ago and have had GREAT results. It cost $500 without the C2. The treatment was done by a friend of mine. She said from what she has seen, the cases where it does not work is because the dermatologist doesn't apply enough of the product. They try to only use half of the mask so they can use the other half on another patient. She used the entire pack on my face and it was thick. That is probably why some had peeling and some didn't. I had peeling for about 2 days (but was still able to go out of the house) I had large pigmentation spots on my forehead, nose and cheek. They are all completely gone. I can't believe the change!
Where and how did you find a good place to go? I live in Austin, TX. Thanks!
Hi Catie. How is our skin now 18 months later? I'm considering a Cosmelan treatment but am concerned about pigmentation coming back. Regards, F
I tried cosmelan for the first time. Paid $1000 & had it applied at the dermatologists' office. I saw some results but nothing mayor and the spots were still there. 1 Month later I had the mask re-applied. This time it worked much better -by about 505 with NOTICEABLE RESULTS. I will try a third application in hopes that it will completely vanish the rest of the dark spots on my cheeks. I don't use C2 at all with the exception of 5-7 days & nights after the mask. I think it has worked in my case.
I agree I had cosmelan done twice so far paid 1400.00. The first time it was great I had a large dark spot on my check and it peeled most it away. The next time I had it done the beginning of the year and mt face did not peel at all. I was told the formula had changed. The technician applied a peel prior to applying the mask to help the mask be more intense. The cosmelan did in fact help with my adult acne. Since the formula has been redesigned I do no think it has the same effect as the original formula.