"Perfect Candidate," Needed to Lose 10lb in Abdomen and Hips - Nothing Happened

I needed to lose 10 lbs in my abdomen and hips. I...

I needed to lose 10 lbs in my abdomen and hips. I was told that I was the "perfect candidate" for Zerona.

I had six 45min treatments over a two week period. I worked out harder, drank 64oz of water, and ate light, healthy meals. NOTHING happened! I lost NO FAT! Do not waste your money!!!

After this treatment, they recommended wanted to put me on the HCG Diet for $800. I ordered HCG drops online for $75 and within four weeks on it, I lost 8 lbs.!

Skip Zerona!

Mariposa Med Spa

Selling services that don't work.

I did try to post a general account of my experience but it want allowing me to do it without posting before & after photos. Of course, I have no issue posting my photos but I only have them in an actual photo (not electronic version) but I'm having another procedure tomorrow so I'll ask the ladies to send them to me via email & will gladly upload them tomorrow so you can see there was a definite difference & I experienced a good result! I hope you will find this useful & then there will be no question as to whether I work there :). Thank you for the suggestion!
I am sorry to hear you don't believe the account of my experience with Mariposa Med Spa. I actually was in the legal field & now sell medical devices (none used at Mariposa or the related Broadway Clinic); neither are my customer, relative or even friend outside my appointments at the med spa & I definitely don't work there. Admittedly, there are days I wish I did though!!! :). I merely responded to your post in an attempt to be helpful in letting you - and anyone else who read it - know my experience was different as well as to provide my personal feeling (definitely not a guarantee) that if the ladies at Mariposa knew you felt it was a waste of money, they would take the opportunity to make it right - if I had felt the way you do after spending so much money, I would definitely be calling to work something out! Of course, you are free to believe as you wish & I certainly didn't intend to change your opinion...just an alternate viewpoint. Quite frankly, I was expecting to hear you say you had already called or attempted to address it. After all, I can't imagine taking time to fuss here where the world can see it without having first attempted to get the value you expected or otherwise attempt to rectify the situation yourself.
Gabbygirl, you should post your experience here so it will get counted in the overall satisfaction numbers. Since satisifed Zerona customers are rare like the Unicorn, before and after pics would be wonderful to see. I still want to believe this creates visible changes, but so far only one happy poster has put up a photo.
I am so sorry to hear of your disappointment with Zerona results at Mariposa Med Spa, Amy1962. I have gone to the spa since shortly after it opened for different cosmetic procedures (nothing necessary, just to help myself look & feel better) & I have to say that I was completely shocked to see your post for two reasons: 1)I just finished Zerona at Mariposa & they were completely candid in saying the loss would occur in inches, not pounds (I couldn't even get them to hint in the pounds direction & I tried!); and 2)I have found them to be SO incredibly dedicated to customer service that I can't imagine them letting you walk out the front door knowing you were anything less than fully satisfied. I guess I should ask...did you tell them you felt misled or were unhappy? If you haven't let them know, I definitely would. Obviously, I can't say for sure, but I feel pretty confident they would welcome the opportunity to make it right - their customer service is really that good! I should also probably mention I've been to two other med spas in the north OKC area before Mariposa as well as one in Dallas & one in Minneapolis. Frankly, Mariposa hasn't always been the least expensive option at the time, but it's always been worth it to me to pay a bit extra to know I'll be taken care of from a customer service as well as a medical standpoint & that my cares, concerns, decisions & privacy are protected. They really are the BEST! On a separate note, I mentioned I just finished my course of Zerona sessions & was thrilled to learn that I lost 6.25 inches - & I even went on a week-long work trip (no control over meals, cocktail receptions, no workouts, limited access to bottled water, etc.) so I would love to see what my results would've been had I been home & able to follow the recommendations exactly as they were given; then again, 6 inches was more than I was told to expect so I was pleasantly surprised :) In short, I was more-than-thrilled with my Zerona results & have always been amazed at the lengths the ladies at Mariposa go to help me make the best choices in terms of getting the most for my money, to make me feel extremely comfortable in what has often been a vulnerable situation (if you've ever had laser hair removal in your bikini area, you know what I mean!), & to ensure I am fully satisfied based on the realistic expectations that were set together ahead of time. I really hate that you spent so much money & ended up disappointed both with Zerona & Mariposa...honestly, my experience has been the exact opposite so if I were in your place, I would definitely give them another try! Good luck!!!
Wow, I don't believe one word you said because is sounds like you work there.
My Zerona provider is heavily pushing the HCG diet, also, but my medical doctor thinks it is dangerous!
I want to say that HCG works! I take weekly injections and I went from 182 lbs 1 Nov 10 to 154 as of 1 Mar 11. Get the injections and follow the diet you will do great. They go over your medical history with you and you have to be honest. My insurance did not pay, so i pay out of pocket. I will recommend this procedure. You be the judge
Can you tell me, what is HCG? I had no results from Zerona. My doctor does not offer a "HCG" plan. What is it?
I want to say that HCG works! I take weekly injections and I went from 182 lbs 1 Nov 10 to 154 as of 1 Mar 11. Get the injections and follow the diet you will do great. You be the judge.
Thanks. I went back to my *real* doctor, my gyno, and did what I should have done in 2009 - asked for hormone replacement. The extra lbs. are all menopause-related, and the weight is FINALLY starting to come off after a month on HRT. I'm using Combipatch, lowest dose, and feel human again - appetite's under control, I sleep like a baby, and my energy is back. Should have done it a lot sooner, it would have saved me about $3000, between Zerona and the very little lipodissolve I did. They both did *nothing* at all. The most expensive Change of Life EVER!