11 Days Until my Transformation! - Oklahoma City, OK

I am a 46 year old mother of 3 grown kids, ages...

I am a 46 year old mother of 3 grown kids, ages 27,25 & 19. I have wanted a tummy tuck and breast augmentation for years and years! I love my kids but they all have done a job on my body. I am 5'9" and I weigh 140. Before having kids I weighed about 118, which was very much under weight. So needless to say after my 1st pregnancy and getting up to 153 lbs I was pretty stretched out. I almost immediatly got down to a good weight but my stomach was covered with stretch marks and loose skin. Well now that they are all grown and I'm done taking care of them I decided it's time to take care of me. I am scheduled for a breast lift, implants and tummy tuck. I am very excited but also very nervous as the time gets closer. I live in Texas but have chosen to have my surgery in OKC. I love my Dr. She is very concerned with what I am interested in achieving with my body and has even given me her opinion on how things will look. I will being spending the night in the hospital as she wants to make sure all is going well before I am sent home.

I have chosen 425cc high profile silicone gel implants to achieve a full C to small D cup. Right now I am a droopy B to low C cup. I have been reading almost all of these posts on here to see how others have dealt with their surgeries. I will be taking 5 weeks off of work and I hope that's enough. I am a mail carrier and do quite a bit of walking. Not a whole lot of heavy lifting now that the holidays are over and if I have something heavy I can always get help. I just hope the walking doesn't bother me. I will post pics as soon as I have my hubby take some before then after.

Ok well I'm just 5 days away from the big day now....

Ok well I'm just 5 days away from the big day now. I get a little more nervous every day. I went to the store and bought a few things that I will be needing for after surgery. Some comfy pj's that I'll most likely be living in for a while. I also plan on going to a thrift store just to pick up some good ole flannel shirts that of course button up the front. I love mens big flannels! LOL I bought some post surgery bras along with some medical supplies and my protein drinks that I can't live without. I know I have forgotten so many things but I still have time to get them. A shower seat for sure. I looked for some Bromelain but couldn't find any. I will check at CVS tomorrow I guess. Still haven't had the hubs take any pics yet but I will.

Almost time to leave. It's an hour and a half...

Almost time to leave. It's an hour and a half drive to OKC so we're leaving this evening because I have to be at the Surgi Center at 8:45. I'm getting very excited! The nerves aren't to bad right now but I'm sure they will be going crazy tonight. I have my sleep aides so that I know I will get a few hours of sleep. I will have the pics ready when I get back. Wish me luck!

Ok I know it's been 2 months since I've had my MM...

Ok I know it's been 2 months since I've had my MM but things have been busy. Everything went awesome! I spent the night in the hospital the night of surgery and had quite a bit of pain due to my throwing up 3 times. But other than that things went well. After leaving the hospital and taking that 1 1/2 drive home I got home to my beloved recliner. I took a pain pill (percocet) and laid down for some good rest. I took 3 out of the 20 pain pills that I was given. Nothing but ibuprofen after that. The pain was there but tolerable. I was up and around on day 2 although very slowly. I wasn't about to just lay around. I was up as much as I could handle. Even went to a high school basketball game on day 5. My drains stayed in for 1 week. I was so happy to be able to take a full shower! It felt sooooo good!!!
All of my follow up appt. went great. I left all the tape on all of my incisions for as long as I could. When the tape came off I had NO scabs and everything looked great! As soon as the tape came off which was at about the 2 week point if I can remember correctly I started putting vitamin E oil on all of the incisions. My PS was amazed at how good my scars were looking. She asked what I was using and I told her. She said keep doing it.
Everything has dropped into place nicely. My boobs did sit high for about a month to 5 weeks. I just kept wearing the band until I felt good with where they were. I cut my binder down to a smaller strap and just wore it low on the incision area.after about 3 1/2 weeks. I went back to carrying mail at the 5 week mark and felt great! Went right back in to full duty. I still wore my binder strap at work for a while as I felt better with it there. I still wear it to work in but otherwise any other time I don't. My scar is good and low. I have a new bikini and the scar can not be seen at all. I will have the hubs take a few picks and get them on here soon.
I hope everyone else has had or will have as good as a procedure and recovery as I did. I am so glad I did it!!
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Hello...do you have any post op pics?
You are going to look great! Can't wait to see after pictures!!
Yay! Good to hear from you! Looking forward to seeing your pics in your 'kini!
hi again, wanted to read your story. Can't wait to see your before and especially after pics. I bet you look absolutely fantastic! Thanks again for your nice post on my review :-)))
Hope your recovering well! Keep us posted.
Hi! hope things are going good. You wrote on my page recently and I notice youre from Oklahoma. Just wanted to tell you I am from Oklahoma too! I grew up in Blair/Altus and just moved here to VA about 6 years ago. I visit my family in OK about twice a year and love it there.. My sister is going to have a BA soon in OKC but is using a different PS.
Just wanted to see how your recovering!! Hope all is well!
I am doing great! Still swollen and numb but feeling awesome. I seem to be healing just fine. Just wish my boobs would drop but from what I've read it takes a while. My TT scar is really low and has a slight curve to it so it looks really good. The tape is still on all of my incisions and I will leave them there until they fall off. Thanks for checking on me!
Good luck to you tomorrow, B!!! You'll do great and before you know it you'll be in recovery!
Good luck to you! I'm freaking out a little today...can't believe it's tomorrow already! Hope we both get some rest tonight!
I'm having my TT with lipo and BA the same day in Dallas! I also have a physical job...I'm a physical therapist at a hospital and have scheduled to be off for 3 weeks. I think you are smart for taking off 5 weeks. I'm a little worried I won't be ready in 3. I'm only working half days for the first 2 weeks back and only 2 days per week, so maybe it won't be so bad. Good luck to you! It's comforting to know someone else is going through the same thing on the same day :)
I think we will both be fine. I am getting a little scare but also excited. I hope this recovery isn't to long and painful. I am so ready for a new me!
*scared*

Hi there and welcome to RealSelf! You're right, it is time for you to do this for yourself! Five weeks off sounds reasonable, though you might be moving more slowly for a while when you get back to work. You want to make sure you rest, rest, and rest some more during your weeks off so you don't compromise your results! Looking forward to following along on your journey. You only have another week until the big day! Wow!

Hi B!! Congrats on your surgery date! Find the January TT'ers in the forum tab>"January Tummy Tuckers Check In Here." Lots of great support there! Your date is coming up! I just had my tt with bl yesterday - feeling loads better today but still trying to get comfy. :)