Tumescent Liposuction of Abdomen! - Oklahoma City, OK

I am 22 and have had weight problems my entire...

I am 22 and have had weight problems my entire life. I finally saved up enough money to get liposuction, so I'm going for it! My surgery is in two weeks (May 30, 2012). I am getting abdominal liposuction and I will be under general anesthesia. I'm getting scared since I have never been under before. Wish me luck!

I had my surgery this morning at 0700; I am in a...

I had my surgery this morning at 0700; I am in a lot of pain, a lot of pain! I think the hardiest and most painful thing I do is getting up and down from the reclining chair to use the restroom. I don’t know yet if it's worth, I just really hope it is after all this pain.

2nd day post-op. The pain is extreme. I never...

2nd day post-op. The pain is extreme. I never thought in a million years that it would hurt this bad. My pain pills are causing delirium. The doc took my binder off this morning and my stomach is so flat! He took out 4900 cc just from my stomach. I know it will be worth it.

It’s been 5 days since my surgery. I have been...

It’s been 5 days since my surgery. I have been so very sick; throwing up; severe diarrhea, and in a lot of pain. I am taking prescription strength anti- diarrheal medications. I’m eating a bland diet and drinking Gatorade. This has been so hard on me. I went from one extreme to another. I had fat rolls and I haven’t seen my belly button in years and now my stomach is completely flat, even with the swelling. He ended up getting 4,000cc (4L) out of my stomach alone.

So, I am 14 days post- op. I am still in pain all...

So, I am 14 days post- op. I am still in pain all day long however, each day gets easier. I still have swelling and bruising, which is normal. I like to wear two binders at the same time. It seems this tighter the binder... the less pain. I am taking Ultram every day to deal with the pain. Also, I have never been so nauseated in my life. In the past week I have thrown up daily. I take Zofran to control the nausea and vomiting daily, which stinks because it's a very expensive medication. All that aside, I love looking down and not seeing fat. I look better in shirts. I can't wait to get back in the gym and get the rest of this fat off my body. I battle with pain and discomfort every day, I think it would have been a lot easier to go to the gym for six months to get this off. I guess I had to do something as extreme as liposuction to see that.

So it has been seven weeks since my liposuction. I...

So it has been seven weeks since my liposuction. I still have pain every day, especially when I wake up in the mornings. The lower half of my stomach continues to be numb with a tingling sensation. It’s obvious that my doctor did much more suctioning in my lower stomach rather than my upper tummy (just like I asked). Besides I’m sure gravity has a lot to do with the numbness. So my advice to anyone reading this is: Do not do this surgery unless you just have thousands of dollars sitting around. This surgery is not the answers to all your weight problems, there is no magic pill or solution. If you have not been diligent on your diet and exercise plan do not bother with liposuction because it does not get any easier after liposuction. However, if you are anything like me and chose not to take good advice, I would highly recommend Dr. Shadid. Dr. Shadid is a very professional doctor who cares about his patients. Do not cut corners trying to save money with this procedure. :)
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

your results look nice. How many lbs were taken out? Also hope you are feeling better post op.
dont take it personal BOO BOO! its all gd i hope let it b and i wish u the best

Hey okc22, thanks so much for sharing your journey with us, I'm sorry you're still experiencing pain post-op. You can definitely tell a difference between your pre- and post- op pics. Please do keep us updated with your progress!

Um this is MY story and I'm telling it how it's affected me and my life. I am not on here posting anything about anyone else's experience but my own. So that being said. If you have gone to the gym and worked out to the best of your abilities... GOOD FOR YOU! I am on this site admitting to the world I did not give diet and exercise 100%! I am not posting about anyone else's attempts at losing weight. My posts are for the world to see and if someone can relate to my background somehow and Benifit from it then thats great. This website is also a diary where I can keep track of my experience throughout the years. If my experience does not match up with your... Then that is fine. You don't have agree. Everyone has a unique story, This is my experience!
That is true not all the time diet and exercise is the solution; most of us have already done that and the reason we are taking the next step is because dieting and exercising is not working or we are not seeing the results we want; otherwise I would just save my money, and any of this surgery is major, but some people handle it better than others.
Why are you on here saying I'm contraindicating my words. You don't know me for anything! Sometimes things aren't as cut and dry... Happy or not. Sometimes MAJOR surgeries are complicated, such as the one I've had.
sometimes diet and excercise cant cure ur problem so u did what was best in ur interest.Don't take it personal u were contradicting ur self are u happy, or not
I don’t even know what your message is asking. Are you asking me if I’m over exaggerating about things I have said, or telling me that I am? I have not exaggerated anything that I have said. I have nearly been beaten to death by a man and have had my toe cut off as a kid. I could go on all day reflecting about painful events in my life. By far liposuction has been the worst pain ever. My o2 sats dropped into the 40’s and they couldn’t give me anything for pain. So yes, when you go under general anesthesia and have fat extracted from your body in large quantities 4 liters, it’s very painful. I love my flatter stomach but I wish I would have gotten it from diet and exercise.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

No lumps. Yes I had swelling, and continue to have minor swelling.
Hi, have you experienced any swelling or lumps?
i'm havn the same procedure next month cant wait hope blood pressure b down when i go i was weighing 173 pounds i now weigh 160 eating right stay away from salt and junk food i'll get back to let u know how i feel that day
That's great your eating right now. I'm still struggling with my diEt and now the fat if being deposited everywhere else ( arms and legs) be safe
time to go to the GYM
thank you! good luck in the smart lipo! :D
Hi, your results turned out pretty good & will be even better once your swelling goes down. I'm getting Smart lipo on my upper/ lower abs & flanks. Hope you begin to feel better.
I TOLD YOU U WOULD LOOK GREAT AND YOU DO!!! LOOKS LIKE YOU GOT A HOUR GLASS FIGURE JUST LIKE ME :)
It will be pain full and swollen but DONT get discouraged I'm glad that all went well
Thank you. I've got 4 days till my surgery. I'm excited. I'll post after pics when my swelling goes down.
Your gonna look great I had my procedure done 2 weeks ago and I know my belly was bigger than yours. Your gonna look great!!!