I Am Ready to Bring my New Brown Nosed Puppies Home - Oklahoma City, OK

I am 52 Yrs. old, 5'7 1/2", 135 Lbs and I have...

I am 52 Yrs. old, 5'7 1/2", 135 Lbs and I have wanted a BA as long as I have known that they do them. I am very excited and nervous at the same time. I will have an incision under my arms. My biggest cheerleader is my husband and he will be the one taking care of me. I have not told any of my family or coworkers for fear they would not understand my motivation to have this done. I do have a few very close girlfriends and they are cheering me on. I even have one that just graduated from nursing school and she really wants to come help take care of me, if it was up to her she would go in with me while the procedure is done. Right now the plan is to use Mentor high profile implants. I am an A/AA now and I started out wanting C's but I have since changed my mind and I am going to try and get D's. It will depend on if the Dr. thinks they will work for me. I can not tell you how excited I am to get this done it feels like I have been waiting all of my life to be all that I can be! I have been trying to prepare myself for the fact that I will no longer look the same when I look in the mirror after Thurs.. I am sure it is a natural phenomenon after getting a BA to have mirror shock at first. This morning I shaved my underarms for the last time before I get the puppies and tomorrow night I will take my antibiotics and quit eating after 8:30 PM and before I go to bed I will use the cleanser I was told to use the night before and morning of. I am trying to make sure I do all of the prep work just right because I want everything to be smooth sailing.

I am Post op 4 days

Everything is going well. It wasn't near as bad as I thought it would be. I was able to take a shower and wash my hair and go out to eat breakfast with my husband. He has been a reall trooper through all of this and he has been able to help me keep some humor in the situation; he told me after surgery I was sitting in a chair when they brought him in and the nurse asked me what I see and I told them munchkins and then she asked what color they are and I said red, green, blue, and yellow and then she asked what they were doing and I said hiding. I got a pretty big kick out of that. I was then able to walk to the pickup and to the motel room with my husband's guidance with out any issues(mind you he is a big guy so if things had gone awry he could have stabeled me). I wasn't able to get the high cc's that I had anted because the DR. said that I have a small frame so I have Mentor Ultra High Profile Silicon with 480 cc's. It feels like the same pressure of when your milk comes in after having a baby. My Dr. and staff were awesome. They explained everything very well and answered all questions and it was a very relaxed setting. They made me feel right at home. I have very little bruising on two small places on both of my sides.

Post op 14 days

I am able to do more everyday and it is getting easier to get comfortable to sleep. I am being able to wear stretchy pull over shirts now and I can use the curling iron on my hair but I don't have enough stamina to blow dry it so I let it air dry which is better for my hair. I have been driving some. I am not too crazy about the seatbelt coming across me. It doesn't hurt it just feels numb at the points the seatbelt touches me. Turning my body to see if anybody is coming or backing up is uncomfortable so I guess that will take some time. I am ready to go back to work because I am getting a little stir crazy but I am enjoying spending this time with my husband because we live about 3 hours from each other.

19 days post op

Feeling great! I have returned to work and yesterday I walked 3 miles. I walked one and then had to take a break and eat something and I was able to walk two more. Pre op I was walking 5 miles 2 to 3 times a week and I I think I will be doing that again before this week is up. Work is sure kicking my butt after laying around for 16 days. I tried on some bras today and the size that fits the best is a 36 D. That is exactly what I told my Dr. I wanted so I couldn't be any happier with my results. I am getting more settled in with my new additions all of the time. I am now wanting to wear clothes that show them off some but with the sports bras that I have been wearing my nipples tend to show through too much so I had to go shopping and find a bra that would hide them some. I live in a small town so my only shopping option was Wal Mart therefore I only bought one and I will wait until I can go out of town and do some serious bra shopping. I can't tell you how thrilled I am with my size because I went from a A/AA to a D!

3 months Post Op

Everything is going great. The twins are getting all settled in. I still have some numbness and every now and then I have some shooting pains but they aren't too bad and they go away quick. I am loving my new body!! I am shopping for new clothes to show it off. I went to Victoria Secret and got sized and I am a 32DDD. My PS has been awesome throughout the recovery. He has always been just a phone call away. He has also called me to see how I was doing. I want to thank you guys at Real Self and the support that you have given me. Reading everybody else's stories gave me the courage to do what I have always wanted to do.
Dr. Metcalf