Tummy Tuck March 29, 2011 - Ohio

I just love my doctor. He has done breast...

I just love my doctor. He has done breast augmentation on me before. I traveled a ways for him to do this tummy tuck. I have to say I love it, but a I am so very tired.I get up for awhile and then I have to go back to sleep. Standing a little straighter today-3 days post op. Taking one day at a time.

Photo Update

Well here we go again! 2 years after full tummy tuck!

The 4 days post op did not last long. 2 years later I am swollen, the incision is hard and numb, and I have "dog ears". I have an appointment Tuesday with another PS to see what can be done.

Consult Time Again June 11, 2013

Consult scheduled for 11 tomorrow June 11. I have to say I am nervous and distracted. I don't want this to turn out bad again.

Consult June 11, 2013

Consult lasted about 1 and 1/2 hour. Got an estimate cost of $9200. I have to wait for them to get my op notes from the first tt. He does not know if my lower stomach muscles were addressed. He says he can try lipo on the dog ears and if that does not work, he can stitch them. If muscle repair was done to my lower stomach, then I am pretty much sol. He says I am tight at the top of my abdomen and my organs have to have room. I will not know until Monday the exact cost. I am not a happy person. I honestly struggle every day working out to maintain my weight. I don't get to enjoy a lot of (food) that I would enjoy. I wanted to be able to wear a bikini, but I look like I have a pot belly. I can only wait and see.

News June 17, 2013

So the surgeon that did my first tummy tuck did not plicate the muscles in my lower stomach. Just got his op notes. That explains the pooch I have. So, I am scheduled for surgery June 28 to try to fix that and the dog ears. Here we go again.

8 days and counting!

Preop today, bloodwork, and fees taken care of. Anxiously waiting again...

Compression Garment

Can anyone tell me the best compression garment they have used. He is sending me home with a binder, but I would like to have something to use afterwards. Thanks for any help you can give me.

6 days and counting!

I keep reading all the reviews. Sometimes I feel it gives me peace and sometimes I feel it makes me nervous. As with everyone, I have a million thoughts going through my head.

2 More Days and More Stress

Had my blood work last week, thought everything was okay and then I get a call today from the place that did the blood work. They want me to come back in to do a TSH test for my thyroid. The plastic surgeon did NOT order this. I have been treated for low thyroid for over 20 years. They would not release my results until I come in to do the test. I am checked every year, but they would not accept that information. Now I am waiting to hear from them tomorrow to see if they will send my reports.

18 hours and counting!

Omg I cannot take any more drama. Finally got everything straightened out today so we can go ahead with the surgery tomorrow. Had a mess up with my blood work, but got that straightened out. Getting excited!

2 HOURS! Please let this one be good!

2 hours before we start. I am praying that this fixes everything.

Made it through.

I was in surgery for 2 1/2 hours, recovery 1 1/2. I woke up in a lot of pain and cried most of the way home, and until my pain meds kicked in. I had to double up on them. I do not remember this kind of pain with the first one. I just got off the phone with my doctor. He said I should be in a lot of pain. He said he put a LOT of stitches in me and had to remove a lot of scar tissue. He said there had not been an work on my lower stomach in the first tt. He said to rest tonight, but wants me up and walking tomorrow. He will see me on Monday. I cannot tell anything because of the binder. He said in no way can it come off for a long time because of the work he had to do on me. My doctor is Dr. Robert Brueck from Ft. Myers. I am very please so far, but we have a ways to go. This time I was not made any promises. I value that more than anything. I hate to be lied to. Got to rest girls. Catch up with you soon.

Post Op Day 1

I have to say the pain in my lower stomach is horrible. Dr. Brueck said he had to redo everything. Last night I had to double the meds. I was awake until 4 am, and have been up since 6. I am burning on each side. Dr. B called last night. He said he wanted me to walk, walk, walk today. I own my own business, and he said NO sitting and doing bookkeeping or inventory. I have been up twice. It does not take long to get exhausted. It also makes me a little sick. I am still draining, but not dark red. I would not take this binder off for anything. Will keep you up to date.

3 Days Post Op

Just got home from my first post op visit. I think is looks pretty good. Swollen as usual, but I am praying that I do not get a pot belly. Drain stays in until Friday (one week). Dr. Brueck said he removed a lot of scar tissue. I asked him to extend the incision to get rid of the dog ears. He wanted to try to lipo them, but I have had lipo 4 other times and am never happy with the results. No more lipo. I will just wear a wider bikini. Will keep you updated.

5 Days Post OP

I've been walking a lot. Walked 1/4 mile on the treadmill last night (slowly). Walked 1/2 mile around the neighborhood today. Took my shower, and I still have the drain. All that wore me out. I do not know if you all are like me, but my body just shuts down and goes to sleep. I am not really having a lot of pain. I itch, my lower back is weak. I take the pain meds at night so I can sleep, but I drink a lot of water, so I am up peeing many times. I took pics, but they still look the same as day 3. Like everyone else, I cannot wait to see his finished work.

July 5, 2013 UPDATE

Just got home form my one week post op visit. The drain was removed and every other stitch around my belly button. Still not seeing much difference from a week ago. My sides look good (I think) where the dog ears were. I am swollen still, but I know that takes time.

9 DAYS POSTOP

Just a few pics to update. I am feeling pretty good. Walked a mile in the treadmill, showered and cleaned up by myself, going shopping for a bit. So far I am really happy with this surgery. I am still swollen from the front pic on each hip. I am going to keep taking pics of those to see the difference. My "pouch" is gone so far. Have a great day ladies!

13 days Post Op

I figured I would show a few post op pics. I am really happy so far. I am still swollen on the sides some, but that is also my hip bones so there is not much more that can go down. I am walking on the treadmill for an hour, but no weight lifting yet. It scares me. I am one happy girl.....a lot of money later, but I am very happy!

3 Weeks Post Op

I have to say I love my results so far. The latest pics were taken in the am, but I did not wear a binder all night, I have a little swelling on each side...either that or it is just my body. I have always said that I do not have a waist. I go from boobs to but. I am not holding in at all. I am really happy with this surgeon. I am counting the months until my facelift-9 to go!

Pics 3 weeks post op

I am walking on the treadmill an hour at 4 mph with a slight incline. Doctoe says no jogging at all, but I can lift light weights.

Trying to load pics.

pics

Let's See If These Pics Will Load

3 weeks po

6 Weeks and 6 Miles

I don't know why I cannot load these pics. It has been six weeks and today I ran 6 miles. I do wear a compression garment. The only problem I have had is on my left side. I noticed something like a whitehead and squeezed around it, of course it oozed! I called my doctor at first one of the nurses said to keep it dry and watch it for a week, but that did not help. It was still irritated, so I called again, different nurse. She said to put hot compresses for 20 minutes three times a day. That is sounded like a stitch. I am out of town so I had to give it a try or fly back and see them. It has been a week today, and guess what? It was a stitch. After the compress this morning I saw it sticking out. It just came on out. Feels better now. I am down about 8 pounds since surgery. I am very happy with the results.

6 Weeks Post Op

2 Months Post Op

Hey girls I thought I would jump in and post a review. I've been very busy like all of us, but took this pic after running 5 miles this morning. I do still have a little swelling on the left side. I had a stitch that just came out today so hopefully in the next few weeks this will go down too.

I am very happy with the results this time. Anyone new to having a tummy tuck, please give it time. Changes happen every day.

3 MONTHS POST OP AND LOVING IT!

It has been just a few days over three months. I am very happy with the results and with Dr. Brueck. He is such a great surgeon and has become a good friend. For once, he is the best decision I have ever made.

I am running every day. I am not working abs. He says it is best to wait until 6 months. I had so much trouble with the first tummy tuck that I am not taking any chances with this one. I still wear a compression garment when running.

I have lost about 10 pounds since the surgery and getting back into my running.

I am one happy lady! Thank you Dr. Brueck!

4 MONTHS POST OP WITH PICS

Just thought I would update a little bit. Everything is going good. I am not using the compression garment anymore. I run 5 miles a day, and I do not notice any discomfort. I am not ab training yet. It scares me, so I think I will wait a bit.

Hope all of you are healing well.
Lexington Plastic Surgeon

Waiting for an email response from Dr. Luftman.