Expectations of my Lower Facelift? - Ohio

I had a lower facelift, neck lift, and neck...

I had a lower facelift, neck lift, and neck liposuction done 5 weeks ago. I must say, the healing process has gone quite well! I am an active, healthy 60 year old who had some jowling going on and my neck and chin were aging. Decided after years of pulling my skin back and thinking "wow, that would be an improvement!" to take the step and have surgery done.

My scars look good at ear, my scars behind ear have thickened some. My recovery was very uneventful. My neck still has alot of bumps and ridges from the lipo.

My biggest concern is after about the four week mark, my jowls have re-appeared. They are certainly better but after swelling went down there they were! Now what?! Do I ask for a revision? Or are my expectations too high? Please advise as I trust all your opinions! Thanks!

Thanks again for all the support everyone! Trying...

Thanks again for all the support everyone! Trying to be patient but still have the lumpy bumps and ridges on neck from lipo. I have been using aquaphor and doing light massages per Dr.'s instructions but it is not improving. Any suggestions or thoughts would be appreciated. I am posting pic. It has been two months. Thanks!

I had gone for this surgery two months back.But I didn't feel any discomfort after that. My excessive sagging of skin in lower third of face is removed by this surgery. Actually I really confused with the surgery procedure. And then I go through many sites like 'goodsurgeonbadsurgeon' etc. This helps me to know about the surgery procedure.
Thx
I had a lower face lift done years ago- I thought it just was for neck which was always double chin. I had lipo there and the lumps and bumps never disappeared because lipo is an un exact procedure though it did get better with time as it settled in. Now 20 years later at 60 Im calling tomo to get a real lower and neck lift. May I ask how long the recovery is. I dont remember anymore. If the waviness really bothers you I would consider a redo but will you trust your PS to get it right this time?
If you really want to go throygh all that agaIn..a revIsIon would help.they wIll most lIkely do It free If you ask for your records and suggest a lawsuIt..unfIrtunately,thats what It took for me..but. now one sIde Is loose and have been asked If Ive had a stroke.
So did i
I did have to wear it for a couple of weeks. Then I continued for a while, maybe another week, it just felt more comfortable. Best thing is to ask your Dr.
I was wondering if anyone had to wear that facial apparatus that goes under the chin and around the head? I always thought you had to wear that for a least a few weeks to keep things in place. Thanks!
I wore the head and chin support for a month. It didn't bother me at all, in fact I felt secure.
I ended up doing it and am pret happy with he results. Hardest part was the anesthesia for me. Ears were sore, painless otherwise.
Hi all, just getting a chance to read up on everyones procedures, revisions etc.. wondering too about kbarbee's revision in March. My revision has been well over a year ago, I am happy with how I look in general and in pics. We just celebrated my moms 80th b day. I was in a few video shots..thats where I really noticed the horizontal jaw lines. I knew they were there but of course you really dont know until you see a video. I will probably follow up on a consult for this issue this year, has anyone else experienced this problem??
kb250r, Hi! Hope all has been well. My revision was a positive outcome as far as my neck. I had those track marks where liposuction had been done and it really smoothed it out. I am not sure I am real pleased with my results. I definitely look better but I wish I had done more research and had a vertical lift instead of a horizontal. I had just a lower face lift and although improved, I still feel as though it was not enough. Not sure I would do it again! How bout you?
kbarbee......................What is the status of the MARCH surgery?
Had my revision done and it is perfect! well, nearly perfect! My neck looks so much better from the original liposuction track marks and he lifted my midface a little and it looks much better. jowels are gone completely. Recovery was not bad at all. I lost alot of hair right above my ears and sideburns. He suggested using rogaine and it has almost filled completely in. Overall, I am very satisfied. It is not as tight as a full facelift, but I do believe it is a very positive result. I think we see our improvement so slowly and gradually at times, it is very important to take before pictures to compare after healing done. Patience is also a key! Thanks for all responses. Also, to all on here, keep us updated. how are you kb250 and anxious to know how everyone is doing~
How long was your surgery? Was it as major as the first? I'm going to have to have some more surgery to fix under my neck too and am not looking forward to it.
Kaytee, I would say it was same recovery as the first, but I knew what to expect so that helped. I did have liposuction on my neck with the first surgery and the revision he just tightened and pulled up skin. Took all the ridges away and really improved everything, so that part was easier. I remember you had alot of complications, hopefully, you would not have as difficult time with revision. I did get a hematoma with revision. He had to lance couple times and drain, then it just absorbed.
akkk! yea I went through the hematoma thing many times and it was pretty brutal. I'm sorry you had to go through that. My doc is doing a little lipo and tuck up, plus fix the ears. He said it will be with a local and twilight sleep. Last time was 4.5 hours! This time he said 30 minutes. I'm giving myself 3 weeks off so hopefully that will be enough.
when are you scheduled kaytee?
Hi, I'm considering getting my neck and lower face done. I had a consult and really liked the Dr.. He called it a facelift since he hates the names made up for stuff when they really piecemeal every surgery to address the patients needs. I kinda liked that.
I have kinda sagging skin under my neck. Very little lipo is needed. Then, my lower face is sagging a bit causing slight jowels and he will cut in front of my ears to address that issue which also corrects a good bit of the neck.
My question for you all, I'm 45, should I wait til it's much worse or is there a benefit to starting now. What is the realistic down time? Thanks all!
I would caution you on having procedures until you know all the downsides. I personally think that less is better. Your neck is very sensitive and think twice before you let someone cut into it. I was told to get it all done at once and I wish I hadn't. Now I am dealing with pain and sensitive nerves from my eyes, my cheekbones, and my neck. Ask questions about types of sutures used--most use permanent and dissolveable sutures--the permanent are still very tender. It has been 4 months and I am still suffering. It would help if doctors would do follow up surveys so a patient could get a good idea how the experience might be.
He did say mine was scar tissue also. I have been using my olay brush to massage this week (as you suggested with your clarisonic) and it is helping. I think he is going to tighten my neck a little and just that in itself will pull the ridging out some. That is great you have no scarring issues (after everything else you dealt with!) He used staples behind my ears (stitching in front) when he did the neck lift and those are the scars that are thick. I am going to ask him when he does the mid face lift to make sure no staples used. It will extend slightly into hairline he said. He is saying none of the scars will be visible. Your question about muscle vs. skin, I believe (you would think I would know!) it was skin only but when he does the midface this time it will involve muscle. How about yours, which was it? And I am not having general, IV sedation. I don't remember a thing last time and it went so well!
Did it help when he injected your neck with steroid? He injected my scars and I guess it helped some.
After reading this post it seems we are having the same procedures in reverse. I had a SMAS which was the muscle. It was a major surgery under a general almost 5 hours. I am almost at 6 months post op and still have "bruising" which now is really a staining of the skin. Under my neck is lumpy with ridges still and my doc said if he tried to fix that I could loose my great profile.I would rather have the ridges I guess. Also he is doing minor work after one year. He is fixing the ears, tucking up the skin and doing lipo. I have had steroids which seem to work temporarily but come back. I am going for one more round of them. The ear nerve damage is permanent,.
Hello ,can you tell me please ,that staining on your face I think that what I have on one side , I thought it was bruised , but it's been since dc16 ?did it ever go away ?
I wonder how he will take care of the ridges in the neck. Would really like to hear that! I have those along with round hard lumps. He said it was scar tissue and already injected it with steroids. Yes I wear my hair long so can't really see it unless you are looking but still my ear is sown into my head. As for scars you can't even see a trace of a scar so he did a great job there.

Is your doc actually going to do the muscle or just the skin? How long is your surgery? Are you having a general?
I had what he called a jawline tuck and neck lift with the lipo. He had thought that he could address all my jowling with the tuck, but I still have some. So he is going to do a mini lift and he said a touch up to the tuck. I go for my pre op next week so will ask more specific questions. My neck also still has the ridges, only slightly improved. He says this will all take care of that also, I guess I am just trusting. Sorry to hear about your ear. Can your doctor correct that? That would be upsetting. Do you wear your hair long so you can't see? I have noticed my ear lobes seem smaller, but not pixied. I hope going to do revision doesn't cause more problems with scars. My scars around ears look great but the ones behind ears, around my hairline, are very thick. Hopefully, you will continue to heal, I am sure this has just been such an exhausting and scary experience for you.
I will let you know after my next appt. what lies ahead!