38 Years Old 36FF Time to Make a Change - Ohio

My reduction has been approved by insurance :-)...

My reduction has been approved by insurance :-) that part happened very quickly, maybe took 4 weeks. My preop is Sep 15 and my surgery is scheduled for October 14th. I have been pouring over every review I can find on this site and it has been so helpful! I wish someone would put together a standard list of items needed pre op so I can be prepared. I am extremely healthy and am not on any medications. I have only had 2 surgeries in my life, 1 being an emergency C-section that healed very quickly and I was up and around in 4 or 5 days. Not that it is the same at all but I am hoping the healing will be...... 2nd surgery was an appendectomy uuuughhhh that was worse than the C section! I am not sure what size I would like to be I am 5'6 and have a medium build. Not brave enough to post pics yet but maybe soon!? I am tired of men and (woman)staring at my chest ....it is hurtful and so embarrassing just today a professional in my industry could not even make eye contact with me and I dress conservatively and wear 3 shirts 2 tank tops to try to hide them.... I got to my car and sobbed I was so hurt..... I think it is time!

Surgery just got bumped up

My PS just called and wants to move surgery to October 7th whoa that will be here before I know it!

Feeling brave posting pics

Here are a few pics
Sheboygan Plastic Surgeon

Who is your surgeon?
read lots of reviews and be well prepared and realistic. my review charts a normal recovery to 7 months post op with lots of pics
When you say well prepared and realistic what are you referring to? Scars pain shape & size?
well prepared means understanding what the surgery involves, different types of incisions and nipple placement techniques, and exactly what your surgeon will do, knowing what you should and should not do post op to aid healing, how long healing takes and what the process is like. you need to know what complications can happen. being realistic means accepting that what the surgeon can do is limited by the width of your breast root and the need to maintain a safe blood and nerve supply. it means not getting hung up on an exact cup size or looking at another woman's breasts and expecting to get exactly the same. being realistic means accepting that there will be scarring and there may be loss of sensitivity, if you can't accept thses things as being better than having massive boobs then the surgery is not for you.
Thanks for clarifying I thoughts that what you were getting at but I do appreciate you clarifying. This will be my third time contemplating this surgery and this website has fully prepared me as well as my surgeon. I even read the not worth it reviews and am set on my decision to move forward with the surgery. It has been moved up to the 7th of October :-)
i hope it goes well, i am sure you have read my review, i consider my experience normal and average, but some people do have problems.
You will not be sorry! It's the best thing I've done for myself! I went on the smaller side. I wanted to be a B. My thought was that I wouldn't mind wearing a lightly padded bra if I wanted a little more volume but that I never wanted to see a minimizes bra again! My recovery was simple but everyone is different. I was up and back to a regular routine in 4 days. I've spent my entire life trying to hide my breasts and now I desperately want to show everyone! I have to be careful.....I hear you can be arrested for that! ;)
Hahaha I cannot wait to get this done I might have to be careful too!!! My husband and I will be taking a honeymoon we never had in late March and I can only dream of wearing a bikini!!!!! Do you have an idea of what I will need before & after?
There are so many variables to the question of what you need! My doctor did not use a compression bra. I had light gauze on for the first week until I began to wear a light bralette while out in public. I used my regular pajamas which are pajama pants and T-shirts. Some women recommend button down but I didn't see the need. I have recliner that I slept in for the first ten days (no pillows necessary). This was a lifesaver and the positioning fairly upright may has attributed to the very little swelling and absolutely no bruising I had. I used Bromelain starting at 2 weeks to reduce any swelling. I'm in Canada and we have home care nurses that come to our home to change the bandages so I didn't need anything in the area of bandages. Ask your doctor what you will need in this area. Some say prune juice, I say NO Thanks! I was fine. It may take a day or two for your system to get back to normal but remember for a couple days you won't eat much! I was in and out of the hospital. Surgery at 8am and home by 1pm. Almost no pain, maybe a 1or 2 but I took my pain pills as scheduled the first 5 days. My doctor said stay ahead of the pain instead of fighting it off when it happens. I hope this answers your question a little. Anything else ask away! I'm more than happy to share with you anything I know or have experienced! :)
I'm getting a breast reduction on the September 1st. I am very excited but very nervous as well.what size were you before? I'm an F and I want to be a full c . how's the scaring? How soon can I wear a normal bra? I can't wait to wear a bikini
I stopped buying regular bras when I could no longer fit into a DD. That was when I started wearing the genie bras. I'm sure I was at least a DDD and who knows what Victoria Secret would have measured me at....I just browsed while my girlfriends shopped there. I wanted to be a full B and I've ended up a full B or small C depending on the make of the bra. They don't want you to wear underwire for 6 months but the truth is I don't ever plan on wearing underwire again! All I've been wearing since one week after surgery is the little bralettes from Walmart ($4.97..... No, that's not a typo) if you look at my review my scars are already healing and fading by 3 weeks. I had no bruising and I think by 6 months the scars will have faded to almost nothing. The strange thing is; I could deal with scars because the look and feeling of being small makes up for any scars I may have. :)