About me: I am 5'4" tall and 115 lbs. I am 31 and...

About me: I am 5'4" tall and 115 lbs. I am 31 and the mother to four AMAZING children seven and under. I nursed all 4 for a total of two years. That did a number on my boobies. I always loved the shape of my breasts. They were small but perky and symmetrical. I was an athlete so I never minded my small chest.

Then I got pregnant with my first child and went from a perky B to a large C. I never knew what having boobs was like, but I LOVED it. I was either pregnant or nursing for what seemed like forever (like I mentioned...4 kids in 6 years...and yes it is crazy).

During those seven years I was perfectly happy with my twins. I never considered a boob job, never planned to have one, never thought I would "need" one. Then I stopped nursing my last child and was like...uh, where did they go??

Not only did I loose my nursing volume, I lost volume that I swear was there 7 years ago. I was all of a sudden self conscious about my mosquito bites. I stocked up on VS bombshell bras, chicken cutlets and padded sports bras. I had now idea how much I loved my larger chest until it was gone.

My husband (who is amazingly supportive) and I both decided we were finished adding to our family (at least 98% sure ;) So, knowing that, I decided to give back to my body. It's been through a lot these last few years. And that's really my goal, I want to get back some of what I had.

So I started the search for a plastic surgeon, chose one I felt comfortable with (who also performed my MIL breast augmentation 20 years ago) and am ready to go this Monday.

I decided to document my journey for not only myself, but hopefully for others as well. I have learned so much from other people who post reviews to this website. So here we go...I am T-two sleeps and getting anxious.

Losing sleep over 25CCs!

I know I am splitting hairs, but I can tell a noticeable difference between 325cc and 350cc. I know a lot of it is in my mind, and I don't like the look of sizers, But I feel like that 1 tablespoon of gel will determine if I feel like I'm too big or just right. I feel like I'd rather be a little too small then a little too big, but I also want this whole experience to be worth it. I'm sure a lot of this is presurgery jitters, and I'm stressing about tomorrow. I just have to trust myself, trust my research, trust my surgeon, and think positively. So here's to positive thoughts and good luck for tomorrow ????

All done. Went with 350cc

I'm drugged and out of it but I will post pics soon. I chose the 325 Sientras right before my surgery but told them I was fine going up to 375 if that's what looked best, or as low as 300. When I woke up they told me they put in the 325's but decided the 350's would look the best. I'm relieved the descision is over and I trusted my PS. I'm too sore and too scared to look down but I don't feel huge by any means. Thanks for the best wishes and good lucks! I'll post again soon!

Being chicken!

I love what I see so far with the size and cleavage, but I can't bring myself to take off the ace bandage and bra. I have my postop in an hour, so I will have to look at them then. Did anybody else experienced this? I don't know why I'm being so chicken!?!

Day Two - Feeling Dazed and Confused but Love My Boobs!!

I realize now I should not comment or write posts while I'm recovering! So don't hold me accountable to anything I say that may not make sense, or is misspelled these next few days :)

I am two days post op and I freakin' LOVE my boobs!! I am so glad my plastic surgeon went with the 350s.

The morning of my surgery I tried on Sizer's one more time. My biggest fear was feeling too big. My husband thought I would be happier with the 350s, and almost everyone I talk to thought I should go with the 350s, but I was scared of going too big. So I told them I wanted the 325s, but once I'm in surgery I would be comfortable going up to 375 if he felt that was best for me. I told them I wanted to look natural, in proportion to the rest of my body.

The last thing I remember was the Anesthetist coming in to give me an IV. We talked a bit about the Mayo Clinic, as my husband just finished anesthesia school there and that's where he attended as well.

The next thing I knew I was sitting up in the room and the nurse telling me that we went with the 350s instead of 325s.

I was given so much versed (an IV drug thay causes forgetfullness) that I don't remember much else about the day. I remember being in pretty bad pain for a few hours afterwards, but once my pain meds kicked in it was very manageable.

I went in this morning for my follow up. I hadn't yet mustered up the courage to look at my boobs. I knew from reading other reviews that what they look like now is not what they will look like once they drop and fluff, but I was still scared to see what it would look like right now.

I sat on the table, and the nurse removed my bandage and bra. I looked at the nurse's face and my husband's face. I couldn't read on any of their faces if the results were good or bad. (My husband later told me he was trying to act professional, and not like a horny husband:)

The nurse asked if I wanted to see them. So I slowly turned around to look in the mirror. I was relieved by what I saw. They didn't look like monster boobs.

Just afterwards my PS came in and said he was really happy with the results. He said when they tried the 325s it was a little too small and in fact I could have gone bigger than 375. In his opinion the 350s were the smallest I could go. I suppose that's what happens when you nurse 4 babies!!

So tonight I'm feeling great! I'm so glad I went through the surgery and got a size that I feel very comfortable with. I'm so excited to see how they will change over the next few months.

Side Pics from Day 2

Everyday is Better and Better in Bobby-land!

Today I'm feeling much better as far as recovery goes. I was a little surprised at how rough my recovery was. I've had four babies and bounced back quickly after each delivery, so I thought I would bounce back quickly after my BA. I was in so much pain the first four hours after my surgery that I told my husband I made a huge mistake! I could not lift my arms the first day to even feed myself. I thought I was a strong cookie, but it rocked my world.

Each day is progressively better. And by day two I drove the four hour drive from Utah back to Idaho and handled it just fine.

I have yet to venture outside, but I've had lots of visitors. My best friends have brought me dinner every night, and that's helped out a ton.

Even though I've been a hermit the last five days, I am loving my new boobs!!! Each day they feel more and more a part of me. It's only been a few days but I can't remember what it was like to have my small chest. In fact, I'm probably about the size I was while I was nursing. I'm so glad my surgeon went with the 350s. I have learned that trying on sizer's does not give you a good indicator of what they will feel like in your body.

I fought against it for so long when people told me to go with the bigger size, I was so afraid of being too big. But now going through the process I don't feel too big! Once they are in it feels natural. I love them!

Even with the tough recovery fresh on my mind, I would do it again in a heartbeat. I can't wait for tomorrow. I'm going out to lunch with some friends and it will be fun to see what they will look like in normal clothes instead of the sweats and hoodies I've been wearing the past week.

Tanktop and No Bra :0

Mild Case of Booby Blues?

The last two days have not been my favorite :-) I still love my boobs, and I would do it again in a heartbeat. I think for me I wasn't expecting to feel down and out as long as I have. Tonight I finally feel normal without any pain or discomfort. The last two days I have had pretty intense muscle spasms. So I haven't been able to stop taking my muscle relaxers.

My left side is still more swollen and more sore. My right side is pain free and is much softer. I know this is completely normal. Thank goodness for other reviewers. This way I don't have to feel like I need to call my PS with every little question, I know what to expect!

I'm also a very active and busy person, so laying low while my husband takes care of me has not been easy. I think I have a bit of the "booby blues". But then I look down and see my boobs and my blues quickly dissolve.

My sister is coming to town tomorrow to stay with me the rest of the week. I have two small children in cribs still, so she's here mostly to help with housework and carrying my babies. I think having her around will help perk me up.

Sientra, 350cc, Round, Textured, Unders

I don't know if I've ever given a complete list of the implants I chose:
Sinatra
350cc
Textured
Round
Unders
Today was fantastic! I was virtually pain free. My left side is considerably more swollen so I have some tight and sore feelings alongside my left lat but nothing like it has been. And my right side feels almost 100%.

They are starting to drop and fluff! I took a pic in my lovely surgical bra just as a reference point of where they are today.

Favorite Worn T

I found it super helpful to see what women looked like in everyday clothes on this site after their BAs. So here's one in my favorite worn out T-shirt.

All Me, No More Padding!

I had a girl's night last night, with friends who do not know about my BA, and I filled out my top just like before in my Victoria's Secret Bombshell bras. But this time it was all me! No more padding!!

As far as recovery, I am feeling pretty good. My left side is still swollen and sore, but getting better everyday. My right side feels great. I had a small area of numbness just above my nipple on the left side, but the sensation is slowly coming back. Other than that, I have complete sensation.

I'm having a hard time sleeping still. It's hard to sleep on my back, and it's not comfortable yet to sleep on my side, so I feel tired during the days. Not sure if that's all attributed to not sleeping well, or my body still recovering. But everyday I am making great strides.

I'm loving my progress so far!

All Me! No More Padding!

I had a girl's night last night with friends who did not know about my BA. My shirt fit the same as it did when I wore my Bombshell bras from Victoria's Secret, but this time it was all me! No more padding! Bombshell be gone : )

As far as recovery goes, my left side is still more swollen, sore and tight. My right side feels great! I can't wait for the left side to catch up.

The only other issue is just above my left nipple I had a small area of numbness, but that is slowly returning. Otherwise, I have full sensation : )

I am not sleeping well. I hate sleeping on my back, but it's still uncomfortable to sleep on my side. But here's to sweet dreams tonight! xoxo

Booby Greed??

I am two weeks out and feeling really good. My nipples are sensitive, but I know that will pass. I am just happy to have sensation period.

Otherwise, driving isn't painful, I can pull shirts over my head, wash my hair, pick up my baby, do light cleaning, and cook. I am almost back to normal. I haven't worked out yet, and don't intend to for a while. I don't want to do anything to mess them up.

They are dropping and fluffing out everyday. I love the way the look still, but after the swilling has subsided, I am having a bit of bobby greed!?!

I read several posts on booby greed after surgery. I was certain that would not be me! I was determined to have natural looking breasts. I was SO scared to go too big. My motto throughout my BA process was, "I'd rather be a tad too small than too big."

I saw other women who looked HUGE with 350s. So much so that it scared me out of going that big the day of sugary. I told my surgeon I wanted 325s. Boy am I glad he went with 350s. And he told me after surgery that 350 was the smallest I should have gone.

I LOVE them naked, in swimsuits, and tank tops. But now it's sweater season and they look good in sweaters, but not as big as I was expecting.

My husband keeps telling me they are perfect and it's exactly what I wanted. This is true! I wanted a nice, natural look. I think I got use to the swelling size so now they feel a tad smaller. My muscles are adjusting too, so they don't feel heavy and tight anymore. Plus, I am wearing the surgical bra which is like a sports bra. I am sure once I wear good bras again that will make a world of difference. So, I know this will pass.

And I am not complaining! I LOVE LOVE LOVE my results. I would do it again in a heartbeat. It's good that they feel so natural and a part of me already. They only time I notice them is when I get cold. We've gone out every night this past week, and it gets cold here in Idaho at nights. When I shiver, I can actually feel the implant with my chest muscles. It's a weird feeling. Maybe I need to knit booby cozzies : )

What a difference a week and a bra can make!

I am happy to report the booby greed is gone! I think last week I got used to the swelling and when that subsided I was feeling a tad small. I have been bigger than I am now nursing my four kids, so after the swelling went down I felt like I was left with a lot less than what I initially thought I got from my BA. After getting used to this size, and wearing my nonsurgical bra for Halloween, I realised that this is the perfect size for me. I can fit into all of my clothes and this size looks in proportion to my body. I don't think it's obvious I got a BA, but I look "blessed" in the chest area and that's exactly what I wanted :)

My husband tells me every night that he thinks I went with the perfect size. He's been such a great support throughout this whole process, and he knew exactly what I wanted before I went in for my BA. Seeing his reaction to my new and improved chest makes me feel so confident and sexy. And that's why I did this. To feel more confident with my hubby. He loves me no matter what but I feel so sexy now.

And for me personally, my breast are perfect for me when I am naked, but I can choose to show them off or cover them in clothes. I am so happy with the size!!

I'm waiting for the stitches to dissolve and I have swollen veins around both of my incisions which is painful. I know this will resolve here in the next few weeks. I have to keep telling myself I am only three weeks out and to take it easy.

My life is back to normal this week. My sister left, my hubby went back to work and I'm a full time mom again. I was able to do light grocery shopping, dust, cook and lift my toddler in and out of his crib. I still can't reach all the way above my head with my left arm or lift things above my head, but those are the only limitations I notice. I am still not exercising, I want to be OVER cautious.

On tap for this week is bra shopping. I cannot wait to find out my size!!

4 Month Update -- Post BA Bra size is 32 D!!

I am so used to my boobs that I forget I have implants, which makes me forget to write updates. Sorry for being such a slacker!

I looked back through my pics on this site and was SHOCKED to see my body pre-op. I forgot how small I was! My implants feel like such a part of me. I am so glad I took the pics, even though I was hesitant, so I can see how far I have come.

Life is completely back to normal. I am back to working out, including cross fit training with no problems at all. My PS said to listen to my body when exercising. I still can't do push-ups, but I am also not trying hard. I want to be smart and careful. No point in ruining the sisters over push-ups.

My PS also told me to go without a bra so they can settle into place over the next few months and I feel like they are dropping and fluffing nicely. Whenever I am home, I go braless and I have to admit, I love it. Ha! I'm getting so use to going without a bra that it feels restrictive to have one on.

My only small complaint is they still feel pretty hard to me. They are much softer than they were even a month ago, so I am counting on them softening up more as time goes on. My PS told me not to judge the results until the year mark because they change so much the first year. But even if they don't soften I will take it over having my lack of boobies anyday. My husband tells me he thinks they feel very soft and has no complaints ;)

In the last four months, I have gone bra shopping a lot! It's so fun now. In Victoria's Secret I am a 32D, but can fit in a 34C too. The 32D fits better, but the cup size is virtually the same. It's much easier finding a 34C in stores. VS only carries a 32D online.

As far as my size goes, I could not be happier. If I had to go back and do it again I would choose the exact same size and profile. I can dress them up or down. They look natural in clothing. Even at the gym or in swimsuits it's not glaringly obvious I had a BA.

I went to lunch with friends (two of the four people who know about my BA) after our workout at the gym this week. I brought up the push-up "problem" and they both said they forgot I had the procedure done. That was such a great compliment for me! I always said if I get a BA I don't want it to be obvious. I think that having a more athletic frame helps disguise my BA. It looks like I could maybe have boobs if I were naturally blessed in that department, which clearly I was not :)

I can't think of anything else to add. If you have questions, please let me know and I promise I will get back to you soon. It's such a scary process and I loved having people on the other side sharing their experience and advice.
Ogden Plastic Surgeon