Can't Wait, but Now I'm Nervous Too! :) - Oceanside, CA

I have had 2 kids, one is turning a year old this...

I have had 2 kids, one is turning a year old this month and one will turn 5 in March. They both did a number on my tummy! I have stretchmarks all over my stomach and of course have the loose skin and the bulge that just won't go away no matter how much I try. I have always had a little bit of a bulge in my tummy area, so I have been looking at a TT for quite a while, and finally I have all the children I want and am willing to do it. After reading a lot of the posts on this website I am way more informed than just looking around the internet like I had been for a couple years! I'm soo glad I found this website! :) I am getting a little nervous now that the date is actually set, but I believe it'll so be worth it in the end! :) I'll post pics when it gets closer to time to go in!

I am glad to see you created your profile!  I am looking forward to the pictures and your posts as you go through your process :)
Thanks Kimmers! :)

Well now only 4 more days until surgery! :) I'm no...

Well now only 4 more days until surgery! :) I'm no longer as nervous, now I'm getting excited! Finally going to do this for myself. I have been reading many posts on here and they help with so many questions. I am thankful I found this site when I did, so that I could use the tips given! Thank you to everyone who has posted on this website, it is such a useful tool! I will post pictures of before and after, once I get my surgery, probably a couple days after. I am making some soups that I can freeze, and some chili, and easy meals for my husband to make, so that I don't have to worry about that! :) Can't wait for the day to get here, so I can have the new me!

yes i was told to keep it on 24/7 except for when i showered ..i was to keep it on like that for 12 days now..i still dont take it off unless shower time..i find i feel funny without it..but i dont put it on too tight as i think it will irritate my incision...but they recommend to keep it on full time for atleast 6 weeks after..for best results and it helps with healing and circulation!
Question for you guys! Did you have to leave your binder on until your first post op appt? My doc didn't say anything about this. Thanks.
Yes keep it on, and call your doc to get his specific instructions you dont wanna guess at that its extremely important

Just wanted to keep ya'll up to date on me! :) I...

Just wanted to keep ya'll up to date on me! :) I am doing really good now, pain is very manageable now. I finally got a shower last night and that made me feel so wonderful! I went and seen my doc again yesterday too, he said that he still thinks I'm going to have excellent results, but there is an area that he was a little worried about, in the middle the discoloration above the cut, but he said it looks ok, because there is still blood flow to it. I go back again on Saturday. It doesn't look quite like I thought it would, but the doc says it's going to look great once it heals. I uploaded my before and after that I have right now, and will keep uploading as I heal. I don't want to say if it is worth it right now or not, I will wait and see how my results are a little farther down the road.
I think you pics look great! I know it is still early, but there is a significant difference already! I can see why you would still be unsure about it. From what I have read on here it is a looong road of patience, but like I said, you already look fabulous!
Glad to hear you are doing so well with the pain too, that is amazing!
Can I ask how recovery has been with a 1 year old around. I have a 2 year old and I am freaking out about him not being able to be picked up, he is pretty needy as he is the baby of 4! HAHA!
Keep us posted on your progress!
~Julie
Hi Julie. Thanks for the reassurance, it helps! :) Yea, being patient isn't one of my strong points. :) Actually both of my girls are vacationing at my mother's house right now. I figured it would be easier to let them visit family while I was recovering, at least for the first 4 weeks. So I don't know how that would be. But I do miss them really bad right now. Gosh, 4 kids, that's amazing! :) Good luck, when is your surgery scheduled?
hi marinewife...your welcome!! :)

so how u liking the experience so far?? i am exhausted...my body! i always said if i have kids later on..i will just get it done again buuuuuut Nooooooo way!!! never again!! its tooo draining...lol

WooHoo!! I am drain free!!! :) Doc took out my...

WooHoo!! I am drain free!!! :) Doc took out my drains today, saying that I am healing up really well and doing great! :) I am so excited that the drains were taken out, cause I wasn't expecting to get them out today, but I did! :) Plus, it's so surprising how great you feel after they are removed. But you still have to realize you are healing and can't do anything still. I am only 8 days post op, but after the drains came out I feel so great! Other than that, i am going stir crazy!! I have been watching movies, playing around on the net, and reading some books. But I am ready to be able to get up and actually do stuff, but know that I still have to wait! Just wanted to let everyone know how I'm doing!! Thanks for everything everyone too! :)

Just updating with some photos. This is 11 days...

Just updating with some photos. This is 11 days post-op. I do have to say, I'm already loving the figure that I now have! :)
Danylle, your comments are really helpful. I am so glad you got the results you were hoping for.

MarineWife, I have another reinforcement coming in the 2nd week. Talked my mom into coming and helping out. As I start to think about it I am getting nervous about being the mom taxi. My 2 boys are in baseball this spring and my husband is the coach, while my daughter is in swimming. Just wondering how that is going to work out. I am not telling really anyone about the surgery and we have no family that lives close. My mom is flying in for it. Just going to have to take it easy, but that is easier said than done with sports in full swing... Trying to stay positive.
That's good that your Mom is getting to come and help you out. Wow, you are going to be busy, that's great that your kids are so active! :) Yea, you'll do fine. Just remember no lifting of anything. :) Well the good thing about that is that the recovery time is going to fly by for you! :)

All of you ladies hang in there.  You will love the end results and all of the swelling, pain, lumps and bumps will be gone soon.

Try some hot compresses on the lower back and also laying flat on the bed and stretching out helps.  Nothing crazy though.  Start with your knees bent and at  slow pace lower them down for about 10 minutes at a time.  It will help..really.

Just wanted to update, I went and seen the doc...

Just wanted to update, I went and seen the doc again yesterday. Everything looks good, except there is one spot that I'm going to lose some skin, just because of blood flow, nothing that my doc did. But I'm standing up pretty straight now and don't take anything for the pain anymore, haven't for quite a few days, so that's good. My doc said that I should let the incision air out for like an hour or two a day, so I don't wear the binder for like an hour a day. It feels weird to not wear it though. My doc also said that in like 2 weeks I won't need to wear the binder anymore, I figure I'll probably buy some spandex to wear for a little longer. :) I'm a little worried about that area of skin loss, but doc says that it'll wind up ok, so I believe it will be, cause I chose him cause I trust him. Well, I don't go in to see the doc again for 2 weeks, unless I get worried about that area, then the doc said I can call him and come in that same day. :) But I'm feeling excellent and just ready for the swelling to be done.

I'm 3 weeks post op now. Just wanted to update my...

I'm 3 weeks post op now. Just wanted to update my pics. the black spot is skin necrosis, but it is already getting better, but I'm not happy about it, cause it'll take longer to heal, but oh well. Just one of those things. Still pretty happy with my results, but I'm ready for the swelling to go away! :)
hey marinewife, yes today i actually went to the mall and walked around...i do get tired easily and i feel like i walk very funny...like my legs are apart or something..hahaha...do u have trouble crossing your legs when u sit? i cant seem to do that for some reason...my back and neck still bother me but i had problems before the TT with that...but this aggrevates its alot! I know what u mean about the binder...today i wanted to wear this spandex body shaper thing that i have here when i wanted to go out instead of all this under my clothes...but i chose not too since it hasnt been 6 weeks yet! i cant wait until i can go without changing dressings too due to alot of leakage related to the big hole i have...that out of the way ill be fine...but other then that im doing alright!!! i can move around more easily now..happy to hear that u are doing great!!!
Hey Julie, yea, I felt like that walking around for a while too, it's gotten better, but sometimes I still feel like I do! ;) I had trouble crossing my legs too, for a while anyways, now I can, but sometimes it's still uncomfortable. Yea, I've still got leakage from mine too! I'm hoping that the doc will let me do something else, rather than wear the binder with bandages, but we'll see. Still got 5 days before I go in to see the doc, but I'll let ya know what he says! Hopefully it's good news! =) It just gets easier and easier every day with moving around and doing stuff! :)
hey marinewife!! how u doing?? hanging in there?? im doing alright..slowly getting better then last week..last week was hell for me!! but today i went to the store for about 1 hour and i got tired and sore...my back and neck hurt still alot...does yours?? I read that you have necrotic tissue...hope that heals up fast for you...me im still dealing with the open cut of about 4 inches i guess...u know my ps told me if he would of not cut me where he did by one inch i would of got necrotic tissue! i cant wait for mine to be all healed up wich will take a while too :-( But im seing mine next thursday and he said i maybe able to go home finally!!!!

Well went to the doc yesterday! I am now 4 weeks...

Well went to the doc yesterday! I am now 4 weeks post-op and feeling great! ;) Still have the area of skin necrosis, but it'll heal up eventually and the doc said that if I don't like the scar in 6 months, then they can do a scar revision right there in his office! :) Still really happy with my results, the doc says he thinks that it's going to be one of his best tummy tucks, when it's done healing! :) So excited about that. I no longer have to wear the binder either! Yah!! :) It was starting to get really uncomfortable, so it's gone now! ;) I uploaded some new pics so ya'll could see! Hope everyone out there is doing good, and healing up good or getting excited about their TT! ;)

San Diego Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Laverson is wonderful, his office staff are great. They are all very professional and friendly. He sat and held my hand while they were getting me to sleep right before the surgery. he is great to talk to and every time that I have needed to talk to him I have been able to get in touch with him for questions.