I have had acne for 2 decades - Confused - Los Angeles, CA

I am still trying to figure out what is the right...

I am still trying to figure out what is the right laser and/or treatments for me.

I have had acne for 2 decades and now want to get rid of the deep scars andwrinkles. I started about 4 months ago with 2 salicilic acid peel, spaced two weekes apart, then a vitalized peel followed by a photodynmaic treatment. To me, my skin got worse, there are now lines and scars where there weren't any before, my pores are huge now and my forhead is creased and looks like brittle parchment paper.

I am so freaked out I consulted with more skin specialists. One recommended taking a break and then doing Active FX. After all the horror stories on here, and my own experiences, I am hesitant. So I saw a specialist who invented the coolaser and he wants to do 2 cool lasers and then fillers and botox at the same time. It's called the mini facelift. To me, that seems a shocker. Then, another recommended the Obagi NUDerm, Fraxel every month and Sculptra every six weeks.

After much thinking, I decided to embark on the Obagi Nu-Derm and am now flaking and red, swollen - look like a shedding, boiling lobster. I have a party next weekend, so they advised me to stop three days before and the skin should be back to normal.

But what do I do next?

Active FX, Fraxel, Coolaser, or could the Obagi Blue Peel be an alternative, after I prep the skin more with the Obagi Nu-Derm. Or could I do a laser? Is my skin too taxed for a laser now? When could I do a laser? I am shifting to babying my skin tonite. I am so mad that I started this - I totally ruined the summer ahead of me - and I live in sunny CA - but I feel I have to do damage control now. And - I am running low on money. WOuld a Blue Peel and some Botox do the trick? I am just horrified and scared of the laser recovery.

Any thoughts? Direction?

Thanks so much for "listening"!