Hairline Lowered!!!! - Oakland, CA

Ever since college, I've been self-conscious about...

Ever since college, I've been self-conscious about my high hairline. Others would comment on my high hairline and I would cringe when I saw my forehead in photos. I almost went through with it right after college, but I postponed it due to financial issues. Now with a much better paying job and a move to a new city in a couple of months, I felt now was the time. I scheduled my procedure on June 30th. I flew into SF and attended the Pride festival. I then stayed at an AirBNB in Oakland. I thought I would be nervous before the procedure, but I felt no nerves whatsoever; thinking about this procedure since college definitely calmed my nerves.

Now on to the procedure. I did not feel anything at all! I fell asleep under IV sedation and woke up when it was done! They gave me several medications and my ride took my home. The first 6 hours after the procedure was painless. After that, the pain started to seep in and I took the pain meds that they gave me. I woke up in the middle of the night and the pain was even worse, but I took the vicodin. The next morning, the pain was still there, but it wasn't as bad as the first night.

I went back to the office, and I had my bandages removed. It was such as surreal experience: I've always wanted my hairline lowered, and now that is it, I was shocked. For a few seconds, I thought It was lowered too much. However, I knew this feeling came about because I've always seen myself with a super high hairline. What I am sure about is that my new hairline is significantly more appealing than my old hairline. I am still swelling, but a couple of my friends have already commented on how much better my hairline looks. I look forward to a few months from now when I can wear my hair up without being self-conscious about my large forehead.

My scalp is numb is it feels very weird, and I am starting to itch a little (meaning the nerves are coming back!). Thank you Dr. Kabaker, Joowon, and all the staff there!

Photos included!

Here are some photos I took pre and post-operation. What do you think? :-)

10 days post.

Days 5-10 have been the worst in terms of swelling and bruising. On day 4-5 my forehead and eyes were still a little swollen and the areas underneath my eyes and eyelids started bruising. It became very dark. I then stopped taking blood thinning painkillers and started to warm compress/massage my eye bruises. They are now starting to fade, and the swelling has gone done considerably. I went back to work on day 9, and one of my co-workers told me nothing looks different besides my new hairstyle. :-)

During this time, I also my got my stitches removed my Dr. Hoppen in DC. The nurse who removed my sutures told me the wound was healing very nicely, and that Dr. Kabaker did a fabulous job closing my wound.

Currently, my forehead is still a little swollen and eyes are bruises, but good progress is being made. :-)
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon