Update re: Hairline Lowered!!!! - Oakland, CA

Ever since college, I've been self-conscious about...

Ever since college, I've been self-conscious about my high hairline. Others would comment on my high hairline and I would cringe when I saw my forehead in photos. I almost went through with it right after college, but I postponed it due to financial issues. Now with a much better paying job and a move to a new city in a couple of months, I felt now was the time. I scheduled my procedure on June 30th. I flew into SF and attended the Pride festival. I then stayed at an AirBNB in Oakland. I thought I would be nervous before the procedure, but I felt no nerves whatsoever; thinking about this procedure since college definitely calmed my nerves.

Now on to the procedure. I did not feel anything at all! I fell asleep under IV sedation and woke up when it was done! They gave me several medications and my ride took my home. The first 6 hours after the procedure was painless. After that, the pain started to seep in and I took the pain meds that they gave me. I woke up in the middle of the night and the pain was even worse, but I took the vicodin. The next morning, the pain was still there, but it wasn't as bad as the first night.

I went back to the office, and I had my bandages removed. It was such as surreal experience: I've always wanted my hairline lowered, and now that is it, I was shocked. For a few seconds, I thought It was lowered too much. However, I knew this feeling came about because I've always seen myself with a super high hairline. What I am sure about is that my new hairline is significantly more appealing than my old hairline. I am still swelling, but a couple of my friends have already commented on how much better my hairline looks. I look forward to a few months from now when I can wear my hair up without being self-conscious about my large forehead.

My scalp is numb is it feels very weird, and I am starting to itch a little (meaning the nerves are coming back!). Thank you Dr. Kabaker, Joowon, and all the staff there!

Photos included!

Here are some photos I took pre and post-operation. What do you think? :-)

10 days post.

Days 5-10 have been the worst in terms of swelling and bruising. On day 4-5 my forehead and eyes were still a little swollen and the areas underneath my eyes and eyelids started bruising. It became very dark. I then stopped taking blood thinning painkillers and started to warm compress/massage my eye bruises. They are now starting to fade, and the swelling has gone done considerably. I went back to work on day 9, and one of my co-workers told me nothing looks different besides my new hairstyle. :-)

During this time, I also my got my stitches removed my Dr. Hoppen in DC. The nurse who removed my sutures told me the wound was healing very nicely, and that Dr. Kabaker did a fabulous job closing my wound.

Currently, my forehead is still a little swollen and eyes are bruises, but good progress is being made. :-)

Scar is now apparent, and there is hairloss

It has been almost a year since my procedure and it seems my scar has not been healing as well as I have hoped. In addition, the hairs around my temples have not been growing out as well as I had hoped. Thus, the scar is visible. In addition, there still is a degree of numbness around my scalp/scar. I'm hoping sensation completely returned in the new few months. I have consulted a variety of other doctors and they are telling me that I might need some laser therapy, FUE hair transplant to improve my condition. I'm starting to regret my decision to go through with this procedure due to the way my body has healed.

I'm really hoping my body is just healing slowly.

More hair loss/Nerve still hasn't returned.

So it's been 13 months since my procedure, and now I've been losing a lot more hair now. It was growing back, but within the past 3-4 weeks, my hair density has been dramatically reduced and my hair has been falling out at an alarming rate, particularly my right temple and my front at the scar region. My left temple has not been affected. I know this is not male pattern baldness as both temples would then be affected, and no one in my family experienced this at this age.

Also, nerves in my front scalp hasn't returned 100% yet, its still about 30-40%, and now I'm extremely worried. I've been massaging my scalp to get it to return, but I haven't seen much improvement yet.

I've been extremely worried, and the additional hair loss has not been adding to it. I'm really wishing I had not gone through with the procedure.

I've notice