Bad Experience/ Unhappy with Results - Oakbrook, IL

I've wanted an otoplasty for as long as I can...

I've wanted an otoplasty for as long as I can remember. I guess I wanted it so bad that I didn't care that my dr didn't really let me talk during the consultation, and was trying to persuade me out of my original plans that I had gone over in my head for years. He also insisted that I use general anesthesia instead of just local, which I thought was strange bc a few of my friends that had the procedure all used local anesthesia.

Anyway, surgery went fine and I wore my head wrap for 24 hours. After I took it off there was a lot of bruising and swelling, which I expected, but right away I noticed that one ear was "plastered" to my head and the other didn't even look pinned at all.

At my 5 day post-op I mentioned it to my dr and he seemed to be oblivious that anything was out of place, and he didn't seem concerned that I was unhappy. He was so busy that I waited 30 min after my appointment just to see him for 5 minutes and all he told me was to come back to see him 5 weeks post-op.

I'm extremely upset with my results. I waited my whole life for this surgery that cost me $4800, and now I feel like I was cheated. I want a revision.

what doctor did you use? im in Chicago and just want to make sure not to use the doctor you used. I hope your doctor does the right thing and fixes your ear, free of charge.
I wrote you a HUGE comment the other day about my otoplasty but its not here.. I'll have to retype it.. it was LONG..

Looks like the comment wasn't confirmed via email, but since you've confirmed your account then I've published it below. Hope this helps! :)

Dr. Ross