Beware of Lumpiness and Unevenness - Oakbrook, IL

This is a permanent filler. You must be fully...

This is a permanent filler. You must be fully informed and prepared to deal with the consequences when receiving permanent substances to your face.
I wanted only the temple region filled with a permanent product because, doing the math, is be spending way more on injections every 2-3 months over the course of time.

I had a photo with me of how I wanted my temples filled and my Dr. talked me into filling my brow-ridge area, based on the photo I brang along.

A year later, seems the weight of the filler in the brow area has brought down my eyelids a bit. There are spots that weren't addresses in the temple region (what I originally asked for) and what was filled now has lumpiness that can be felt, but not seen.

May need to go back to have the areas refilled.

I have consulted with Dr. Shah in Chicago. He is confident he can correct the areas with a longer lasting HA filler. Over time with the semi permanent fillers, scar tissue (collagen) builds up and one would eventually need less and less until the desired look is achieved.
ok once again didnt your dr tell you to massage the area to keep it smooth. remember this is a substance like breast implants that need to be massaged or they will get hard. so massage the area where the artefill is . massage the lumps, massage uneven areas and keep massaging as your face changes as your skin gets looser the artefill slips keep massaging its permanent.because our faces change and skin gets loose the artefill stays looking bad, thats the truth.
Sweetie, PMMA basically contains plastic, hence the permanency of the substance. Massaging would actually do more harm than good. Massaging for breast implants is meant to break up scar tissue and get blood flowing into that tissue so that the hardness known as "capsular contracture" does not form. It is not a substance like breast implants. PMMA is a major component in the cement used in orthopedic surgical techniques and bonding. It is not a biodegradable substance. For some people, this material works as a facial filler, but others with thinner skin, less fat, less elasticity, tend to notice more of the negative side of receiving this type of filler.
Dr. Taek Kim