Facelift - New York, NY

Just had it done on day 3 it is indeed major...

Just had it done on day 3 it is indeed major surgery so no getting around it. Exhausted sleeping a lot spent 2 days w private nurse in hotel next to surgical site, had upper eyes facelift Tca peel was to have lower eyes done but too much swelling and Boold pressure spiked so they stopped, I will have them done later. Not much bruising md says I looked great. Just washed hair. Getting sutures out sun am. More later!
hang in there! i am sure you will be beautiful! xo
Thank you for your support! Working through it!

Sutures out

Today had them out along with staples 5 days out. Not bad at all. Still tight in neck but that is to be expected with neck lift. My md does not believe in arnica nor bromide. Some swelling and bruising but mostly yellow and on neck . Just still tired from trip to city and home . Will get under eyes done when healed more due to blood pressure issue during surgery. Tried to add photo or short video but cannot figure out how to do it? It is on my eye pad any ideas?

Hi there,

You should be able to post photos with an iPad. Here's a brief tutorial on how to do that. Please feel free to send me a PM if you're still having trouble.

I'm glad you're on the other side! Please keep keeping us updated!

Hey Dsail congrats on some of the sutures coming out! I'm heading to docs tomorrow for my eye sutures and hoping he'll take something else out too like yours. I am also mostly experiencing some tightness and swelling in the jowls, not too bad on the bruising on the face; a couple of black eyes though that are healing nicely! :) Have you tried taking your pics and saving to the desktop on your ipad? I don't have one so all I do is save my phone pics to the desktop go to the edit button for your post and at the bottom it will give you the option of uploading a picture and editing the caption for it. Give that a shot. Are you pleased so far with your results?

It was worth it so far.

Feeling much better today will be day 7 still feel tight and tired but all sutures and staples out had a short scar surgery as it turned out. Will need to do lower eyelids later. Worked all day at home on couch on laptop. No pain just tired. I know week 2 is the killer week so I am praying that the yellow bruising goes away prior to work. Have a nasty mark under my chin which will be treated with sulfa cream. My husband is the most amazing person he keeps assuring me that I will look eventually terrific. Daughter still not talking to me. having this website has been so helpful to me and hope that finance girl and level are doing well?still trying to post photo but will try and follow instructions.
Lfa
Glad to hear you're doing well! I'm also busying myself on my laptop...what else is there to do? :) What are you thinking about returning to work on Tuesday? I just said to my husband , I cannot even imagine that, but we've got 5 more days to resolve. I'm very worried about that and wondering if I should just take the xtra week or not.
Totally get it I am praying also I do have make up tried on bruises this am as our maid showed up and my husband said she is such a busy body she will blab to our next door neighbor so I tried it looked way too coverage so then tried to take it off somewhat so wore hair down glasses said hi and disappeared to basement w laptop! So I hope it works . It was insane at work even working from the couch this week so pretty tired by now. Yesterday I was so exhausted from being in the city all day at mds that I just came home and went to bed at 6 pm! Of course could not sleep then in middle of night plus sleeping on back really hard for me. Belated happy birthday by the way! Dsail
Thank you much! I need to get something for coverage this weekend for this awful sickly yellow I've turned from the bruising. Do you have something that you like you are using? At this point, I can't even imagine putting it on my swollen areas as it's very sensitive. The thought of even smoothing it on my face makes me cringe. I did call in to work yesterday... our office is quiet, but production still good, so they're just telling me to relax and take it easy. I actually did tell the man I work for that I've had some "corrective" elective surgery (which is true as it has improved some old acne scarring by 90%) Just to be sure we don't get into high stress mode on anything when I get back. Insanity this profession sometimes. We work at mach speed sometimes which is probably why I looked like I did to begin with! As for the maid... lol... I cancelled my housecleaning service for two weeks just not to deal! It's just my husband and myself so not too bad. I would be interested in what you're using for cover. I know a lot of people use Derma Blend. I just imagine it to be like the old pancake makeup. Have a good recovery day!

7 weeks out

Still have not much feeling on my cheeks and still tight around neck which is noticeable most of the time. I also just had my lower eyes done yesterday as they could not be done during the first surgery. Other than that I feel good am back to working out ( now out again for 3 weeks due to eyes) and just had a facial as my skin looked dull. She was gentle and it was a great improvement. Also had Botox a week ago on forehead where there was no lift. Overall I am very happy with the exception of the neck squeezed feeling. I still have one very light bruise on one cheek (stubborn!) but hardly noticeable. I know now that it takes about a year to notice all but happy at 7 weeks.

1 year out

Yes it has been one year .
So here is my update my neck is still tight and feels at times that I have a mask on. I am very happy with the results but it does take a year.my neck will be tight for a long time. It is major surgery for sure
But really worth it
Thanks for your update. I'm at 4.5 months and still have feeling of tightness under chin area. Left side of face feels swollen a bit. Scars don't show. You look great!
You look great. thanks for the warning of how long it will take. I am a little impatient.
Me too, Linda 1952. I expect I'll be a bit of a nuisance, altho my husband said I was great with the TT/lipo. (first few days steady use of Percocet. Then only needed at night. All of you who are ahead of me: did you have to sleep sitting up? My doc hasn't told me that (yet?)

eyelid revision

Had surgery to repair upper eyes and fat transfer one week ago. Used a different MD as my ps retired Glenn Jelks is terrific. It will take 3 months to see final results.
One of my dgtrs is a trauma surgeon and the other is a physical therapist. Both of them say "You look beautiful just the way you are Mum, but we'll support you in what you choose to do." But if I die they'll be saying "I TOLD her about the risk of pulmonary embolism!" Sorry, that was a very bad joke, we are all in medical fields in the family so sometimes our "humor" is a little "dark". Already one dgtr has seen me since the TT/lipo and you can tell she is thrilled. And she came to visit while I was in the overnight recovery stay with her 11 yr old (who wants to be a doctor like her Auntie Kate.) I think they'll both be VERY glad when all the therapies are over. Me,too.
PS You look fantastic. Had no idea you are 60. Gives me hope. I am 64. LOL
Thank you SO VERY MUCH for describing in such detail. It's so helpful as I am having mine done in just 6 days (8/21/14) and want to know what to expect.
New York Plastic Surgeon

My doctor changed to Glenn Jelks Dr Pitman retired. I give 5 stars to Jelks!