Smart Lipo " 2 Thumbs Up" But A Little Painful - New York City

It has been 7 days since I had smartlipo performed...

It has been 7 days since I had smartlipo performed on my lateral thighs, waist, back and buttocks and I must say that having the procedure done was one of the best things I could have done for myself and my body. I have been dieting and exercising for the last 18 months and have taken off approximately 40 lbs. As happy as I was to see the pounds come off, I struggled with my new body as it remained undefined and sloppy. I heard about smartlipo and decided to hit the web in search of any information I could find and after 3 - 4 months of research decided to move forward with it.

I must say that I am extremely happy. My docotor gave curves and helped contur my body in ways that my dieting and exercising could not. Although I am still a little swollen what i see so far, I am very very very happy with. I know everyhing will continue to get better from here !

The only thing that could have been different for me was the pain. Many say that the procedure is virtually pain free, I beg to differ. Getting in and out of bed the first few days was rough for me. I was extremely sore and felt uncomfortable the majority of the time and for the record, I could not return to work 2-3 days after. My body just wasnt ready.

Stay Tuned.. (Pics To Follow )

New York Ophthalmologist

Dr. P and his staff were professional, courteous, helpful,informative and caring. These attributes remained consistent from my initial consultation until this very day. Dr. P helped me make the best decisions with regard to my body and the surgery. Dr. P answered all my questions and was always available for questions. Dr. P is serious about his work, you as the patient and making you look as good as possible.

oh i know what you mean!!!!! I am so nervous that i will have hanging skin too but for now i will settle for looking good and feeling comfortable in my clothes. I have been doing sooooo much research and I am hoping that if I wear my compression garment long enough that the skin will reattach instead of flapping over. I would love to have a mini tuck too. But we will see how this goes first.
Hello :-) I will post some pics soon. I honestly didnt take many photos prior to the surgery so I am hoping that the doc will give me a copy of my before pics when I see him this Thursday. I have the muffin top as well and hoping to go back for round 2 with the doctor at the beginning of the year. My doctor said that for optimal results, I would have to get a mini tummy tuck as the skin at the bottom part of the belly wasnt as firm as the top and he was concerned about possible saggy skin which I dont want. I am not planning on having any more children so I am going for it. Good Luck in November :-) !
Post some pics!!!! Im havingmine done in november and cannot wait. I have lost over 60 lbs since my pregnancy. my daughter was born in march and it took a tole onmy body. Hoping that this will get rid of that dredded muffin top that hangs. I am not willing to have a tummy tuck because i plan to have more children. so put up some pics