4 Weeks Post Bleph with Some Questions - New York

58 y/o male, upper and lower bleph, bi...

58 y/o male, upper and lower bleph, bi canthoplasty....still slightly swollen with edema in left eye causing some uneveness in healing, slight droop in eyelid.
slight bumps at end of eye caused by internal stiches from canthoplasty.

So, my questions are:
heat compress or ice?
how do i help internal stitches from dissolving?
what is best to elinimate edema?
what are some of the things that you did to help overall healing.

I am at the stage, for past 3 weeks, that i am mentally beaten down and i need to pick myself up and try new products and/or improve my outlook/attitude.

Help please :-)

Can anyone recommend a person to do very Light...

Can anyone recommend a person to do very Light lymph node drainage technique around my eyes 5 weeks post bleph?

Added a new pic...6 weeks post

added a new pic...6 weeks post

Hi MB how is it all going for you? I think you look great, thanks for sharing. Did you get an answer for your heat or ice compress question? Any new pics?
I had upper and lowers down four weeks ago and my lower right eye is bumpy and scar looms terrible compared to the left. I'm going back to the doctor in two days. I'm nervous
Remember eah eye is its own surgery and will heal at different rates. Are you using scar gel?
**each
yes, i am using fml ointment until the end of this week.... you?
Derma E Scar Gel
Hi shar18. I had my upper eyelids done 7wks. ago & still have incisions that are healing. I also had bump in my left eye on outer corner, but it has laid down now. Give it more time. Would love to see your pictures.
I'll see if I can get someone to take pictures. Thanks for the encouraging words. The upper eyelids seem to be doing a lot better than the lower ones. I'm going to write down all the questions so I'm prepared when I see my doctor tomorrow
You look great, hope you're feeling better!
Thank u......feeling better, some pulling, dry eye. Ps give me steriod injection last week to help internal stitches disolve faster......all in all....I feel better....about 75 percent back to normal :-)
I am 6 weeks out & still have pink incision lines w/ some bumps. Hope it fades soon. You look good.
I have new pics ....would anyone like to see?
Sure add them ! Lol
You look fantastic!
hi mbs, I applied it sparingly on the stitch/scar line and would lightly pat it with dampened cloth so it didn't seep into eyes. although safe, I didn't want swollen eyes in the morning.
Looking great...glad you had goid result.
your newest picture looks wonderful. I'd say you have had a successful surgery. My left eye is really swollen this morning, too much salt last night!
eyes are always swollen in the am...and salt is the enemy...i have totally cut out salt from my diet....best wishes in your recovery...stay positive
You look awesome...about 10-15 years younger! Hope all is healing well...
Thank you very much....appreciate the kind words....best of luck to you as well
How are your eyes now? Mine are really getting better, still swollen more on the left, but I think I'm just getting used to seeing my upper lids again! When your used to looking at yourself one way, it's different when it looks different. I don't ice, my doctor said it really doesn't do any good after the 3rd day. I do use antibiotic cream at night w/eye drops. I still have alot of healing to do though. Hang in there, let us know how you feel.
Glad you are doing better. I am too. Not perfect, far from it, but i am becoming happier with results. Still have some bumps on outer portion of eyes where stitches from bi-canth are located, but they are slowly disolving. What type of antibiotic cream do you use, where do you apply it and is it prescription? I use FML ointment on outside under and over lashes.
It's otc neosporin, I apply it to the incision pattern on the upper lid.
How are you doing? Things the same or better?