First Experience with Sculptra - New York, NY

My dermatologist whom I adore & trust (she is...

My dermatologist whom I adore & trust (she is same age as me 50 & looks fantastic but not "done") performed the procedure today for me. No topical anesthesia, no pain meds just did it! I do have a high pain threshold & have had botox & restalyne before so not a big deal. I have no bruising now (8 hours later) but my face is tender & when i do the 5 minute massage it is a bit painful but nothing crazy. Right now my skin looks great & everything is lifted & firm - i realize this is the temporary swelling & will return to my derm in 3 weeks so she can see how it took & possible inject more- she did my temples, my cheekbone (right under) & my chin. SHe said she wanted to lift everything just a tad & it is fantastic- She has used it on herself & loves the results so i trust her- she believes in doing small steps that make a big impact - people say i look about 40 so i know she is darn good at what she does! I also take scrupulous care of my skin- no sun, hats & Renova- I am fighting the good fight to make 50 fabulous -

This morning i had the 2nd Sculptra treatment...

this morning i had the 2nd Sculptra treatment (will have 3 total) and it was less painful than the first go round which wasnt that bad. I do have a high pain threshold however- no numbing cream ever- so the doc again did the temples, and the jawline & upper cheek bone area- no bruising, no swelling but tenderness yes- have to do the 5/5/5 massage but if you use water & cleanser or a plain face cream that helps make the rubbing less painful. I am seeing subtle yet great results- glowy skin, higher cheekbones, outer eye are lifted but so subtly- no puffy Real Housewives face!!! thats not how we roll in NYC anyhow- i think east coast is all about the small things so you just look "fresh" & rested...:-) will go back in 4 weeks for last Sculptra treatment-

7 months later

obviously the results from my sculptra treatment have been SO good I havent had any thing negative to report- I went in to see my dermatologist today & she injected 2 vials - so that makes 4 treatments so far- she says it makes more sense to keep up with sculptra rather than using juvaderm or restalyne at this point. I dont have wrinkles just a bit of hollowing which the sculptra fills in beautifully & very naturally. My skin also seems to be smoother and more glowy - i have to do the 5/5/5 massage again. It is not cheap, but the results are more than worth it. No numbing cream, she injected my chin, temples & top of cheekbones-

Advice

I think it's super important to thoroughly vet the doctor that is going to be injecting a filler into your face!! I have been with my dermatologist for 5 years- I didn't just walk in off the street & ask for sculptra- this has been a gradual process- she knows my skin, my reactivity, & what results are realistic for me to expect. And she herself has tried each & every procedure she performs!! This is important to me- I can ask her about it & she tells me honestly what the pros & cons are-
The next procedure I will get is Fraxel for some brownish pigmentation on the left face by cheekbone ( I have just made the connection that is the side of my face that is always in the sun when I drive (!) it definitely has more sun damage than the right- ugh! I'm doing that in December - 6 weeks from now-
Still massaging my face as I had sculptra yesterday- it is sore - I massage way way more than 5 min 5 x a day for 5 days- I am constantly massaging for the 5 days- you can't over massage!
New York City Dermatologist