Left with Lump, Now have to consider Costly & Scary Lipo

Feb. 9 ---Like many others on here, I had a little...

Feb. 9 ---Like many others on here, I had a little area of fat under my belly button. I am 47, 5'8" and have a slim, tight build at 129 lbs. However, that little area always stayed jelly belly for some reason. (no children).

The doctor marked the area, put one of the smaller attachments on me and then there was the suction. No pain whatsoever, just a bit of an odd feeling. For the next hour I watched some tv and fell asleep.

When the attachment was removed, it looked like a little stick of butter. The swelling and redness went away in about ten minutes. I have an ever so slight numb feeling, but that's it. Honestly after reading some of these reviews I don't know what to think. Many people just seemed thrilled to have a procedure w/o actually experiencing any results.

I will update you in a few weeks as to whether or not it was "worth it"!

Totally not worth it. Didn't make the slightest...

Totally not worth it. Didn't make the slightest difference.

OK--over 1 year later here to update. I had not...

OK--over 1 year later here to update.

I had not seen ANY change at all in ab area UNTIL 9 months later. It was very very gradual but there was indeed a change.
(In fairness to myself the Dr. said I would see changes in a month and possible gradually more over time.)
BUT....

(there's always a but isn't there)
While I did notice the belly area flatter, on the right side of my belly button I was left with a half a golf ball size lump.
I thought another treatment might help. I did another one where the technician concentrated on that area but still the same.

Am planning to go back and show Dr. and ask advice.

OK--did 2 additional Cool Sculpt sessions on lump...

OK--did 2 additional Cool Sculpt sessions on lump only but the lump remains. Am now considering lipo to get rid of the lump. However, I am afraid to cause myself more problems (lumpiness, dents etc) that I will regret. If anyone has done lipo for a little spot treatment I'd appreciate your input.

It's clear that the lump is not going anywhere. ...

It's clear that the lump is not going anywhere. Had a consultation for lipo.
So what seemed like a good idea and initially cost $750, has now cost me $2500 and if I want lipo $3500 for a grand total of 6 thousand dollars! Quite frankly I am afraid to get lipo, afraid I will end up with even more issues.

Left Me Deformed

Coolsculpting removed fat from abs unevenly and left my previously smooth abs all lumpy, looking like a bad lipo job. I am still trying to find something that can help smooth it out (but refuse to do lipo). Tried liposonix, so far nothing.
Please keep this in mind if you plan to try this procedure.

You probably already know but there is a know adverse reaction from Cool Sculpting and it looks like you have it. It creates a hard mass in the area treated, many times is also larger than what you started with. You should go to the doctor who performed Cool Sculpting and have them file a complaint, Zeltiq knows of this issue and is paying for the surgery required to get rid of it. Its the only way to make it go away.
Wow--that is very depressing to hear as I never wanted surgery (or I would have had it in the first place). I am not confident that I won't cause even MORE problems with liposuction. I was going to try Zerona laser. Clearly it does move fat around for some people according to both the positive and some of the negative reviews on here. Thanks for the info.
Here is the website to report issues to the FDA. Please take the time if you get a minute to tell your story. ) https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/medwatch/index.cfm?action=consumer.reporting1
I would just like to clarify my use of the word "lump". It is not that the procedure caused a lump in the sense that something is growing (like I have a lump on my head!) It's that is removed fat unevenly and has given appearance of a lump.
It is still an adverse reaction. The FDA should know.
That is correct. One I thought would never happen as this is touted as a very safe procedure.
Sent your complaint to the FDA. This is important to record. FDA.gov
I apologize for that abrupt answer. I pushed a wrong button! Go back and ask for the large treatment applicator at no cost. The large sized applicator is twice the power as the smalls. It will cover a larger area and provide a better freeze. I hope this helps!
you should go back and request a large treatment appliacator at no charge. it will work.
Hi--It did not work. I already had two additional treatments right on the spot (for a slight reduction in cost) and it didn't change it at all. WIth a large applicator, I am afraid that the surrounding area will get even flatter and the lump will stay the same making it even more noticeable.
After quite some time, evident that this lump I'm left with will not go away. Now I have to consider costly and scary spot lipo. I am afraid of causing myself more problems.
have your dr who perfomed coolscupting fil a complaint with Zeltiq. this is becoming a bigger issue with many patients and they know its a problem

Thanks for the update. It's good to know that it did eventually kick in and do something. Please keep us posted on what your doctor says next. :)

Hi--no no changes. I am a bit miffed too because they sold it to me as "changes in 4-6 weeks and continuing to see changes up to 6 months" When I went back for a peel and mention zero had happened they said "oh---takes 6 months to see changes"

Trust me...I would not have paid for anything that would take 6 months to see or not see.

I say save your money for something effective.
Just wondering if you have had any changes at all since last post?
I had my lower abdomen and both flanks treated in the beginning of March. I'm not all that impressed 2 months latter and find it hard to believe another month will make a difference. 20% reduction per treatment? What does that even mean? The treatment itself is uncomfortable but not painful, like other reviewer the treated area feels like frozen stick of butter after. I also notice that I am now slightly uneven when looking at my right side vs. my left. My flanks still have a bit numbness and I was bruised for a week or so. I think this is just another device from these companies trying to make money off the consumer. If you want the fat gone get it sucked out its much easier and more predictable.
Hi--wondering whatever happened with your unevenness, Did you do lipo? I was left with a lump and now am considering lipo for the lump. Thanks
Sharon who and what are you talking about?

I was responding to NYCMe. She said in her original review: "Supposedly this is based on children's sunken cheeks from eating popsicles. I must've had thousands of popsicles in my life, my cheeks didn't sink in. Did yours?"

I'm sorry to hear you didn't get results. :( I've seen the same story about the popsicles and let's just say I'd need them to make a CoolSculpting cheek attachment anyway. :) Still, I've seen some people get results. Did your doc have any explanation for why it didn't work for you?

Why would you give it a thumbs down without even waiting the 3-4 months needed. It is a dis-service to the community here when people like you unfairly depict a rating.
Please don't judge others' reviews based on your own criteria. My doctor told me 4-6 weeks to see changes, which is what I waited and which is what I based my review upon. So I feel it is a service, not a dis-service to post my experiences. Should I miraculously see a change a half year from now, I will post that as well.
Hey HollyL you should check out some of the other coolsculpting reviews. Even waiting for some arbitrary amount of time some doctors provides..
I believe so. It was the smallest attachment.
I will check back with an update next month,

Thanks for sharing your CoolSculpting experience, NYCMe. That looks like a great price too! Was it so low because you only had a small area to treat?