Left with Lump, Now have to consider Costly & Scary Lipo

Feb. 9 ---Like many others on here, I had a little...

Feb. 9 ---Like many others on here, I had a little area of fat under my belly button. I am 47, 5'8" and have a slim, tight build at 129 lbs. However, that little area always stayed jelly belly for some reason. (no children).

The doctor marked the area, put one of the smaller attachments on me and then there was the suction. No pain whatsoever, just a bit of an odd feeling. For the next hour I watched some tv and fell asleep.

When the attachment was removed, it looked like a little stick of butter. The swelling and redness went away in about ten minutes. I have an ever so slight numb feeling, but that's it. Honestly after reading some of these reviews I don't know what to think. Many people just seemed thrilled to have a procedure w/o actually experiencing any results.

I will update you in a few weeks as to whether or not it was "worth it"!

I believe so. It was the smallest attachment.
I will check back with an update next month,

Thanks for sharing your CoolSculpting experience, NYCMe. That looks like a great price too! Was it so low because you only had a small area to treat?

Totally not worth it. Didn't make the slightest...

Totally not worth it. Didn't make the slightest difference.
Supposedly this is based on children's sunken cheeks from eating popsicles. I must've had thousands of popsicles in my life, my cheeks didn't sink in. Did yours?

Hi--no no changes. I am a bit miffed too because they sold it to me as "changes in 4-6 weeks and continuing to see changes up to 6 months" When I went back for a peel and mention zero had happened they said "oh---takes 6 months to see changes"

Trust me...I would not have paid for anything that would take 6 months to see or not see.

I say save your money for something effective.
Just wondering if you have had any changes at all since last post?
I had my lower abdomen and both flanks treated in the beginning of March. I'm not all that impressed 2 months latter and find it hard to believe another month will make a difference. 20% reduction per treatment? What does that even mean? The treatment itself is uncomfortable but not painful, like other reviewer the treated area feels like frozen stick of butter after. I also notice that I am now slightly uneven when looking at my right side vs. my left. My flanks still have a bit numbness and I was bruised for a week or so. I think this is just another device from these companies trying to make money off the consumer. If you want the fat gone get it sucked out its much easier and more predictable.

OK--over 1 year later here to update. I had not...

OK--over 1 year later here to update.

I had not seen ANY change at all in ab area UNTIL 9 months later. It was very very gradual but there was indeed a change.
(In fairness to myself the Dr. said I would see changes in a month and possible gradually more over time.)
BUT....

(there's always a but isn't there)
While I did notice the belly area flatter, on the right side of my belly button I was left with a half a golf ball size lump.
I thought another treatment might help. I did another one where the technician concentrated on that area but still the same.

Am planning to go back and show Dr. and ask advice.

Thanks for the update. It's good to know that it did eventually kick in and do something. Please keep us posted on what your doctor says next. :)

OK--did 2 additional Cool Sculpt sessions on lump...

OK--did 2 additional Cool Sculpt sessions on lump only but the lump remains. Am now considering lipo to get rid of the lump. However, I am afraid to cause myself more problems (lumpiness, dents etc) that I will regret. If anyone has done lipo for a little spot treatment I'd appreciate your input.

I apologize for that abrupt answer. I pushed a wrong button! Go back and ask for the large treatment applicator at no cost. The large sized applicator is twice the power as the smalls. It will cover a larger area and provide a better freeze. I hope this helps!
you should go back and request a large treatment appliacator at no charge. it will work.
After quite some time, evident that this lump I'm left with will not go away. Now I have to consider costly and scary spot lipo. I am afraid of causing myself more problems.

It's clear that the lump is not going anywhere. ...

It's clear that the lump is not going anywhere. Had a consultation for lipo.
So what seemed like a good idea and initially cost $750, has now cost me $2500 and if I want lipo $3500 for a grand total of 6 thousand dollars! Quite frankly I am afraid to get lipo, afraid I will end up with even more issues.

Hi--It did not work. I already had two additional treatments right on the spot (for a slight reduction in cost) and it didn't change it at all. WIth a large applicator, I am afraid that the surrounding area will get even flatter and the lump will stay the same making it even more noticeable.

Left Me Deformed

Coolsculpting removed fat from abs unevenly and left my previously smooth abs all lumpy, looking like a bad lipo job. I am still trying to find something that can help smooth it out (but refuse to do lipo). Tried liposonix, so far nothing.
Please keep this in mind if you plan to try this procedure.

Winnie -I had cool sculpting 2/21/2014 on my back flanks. About 3 weeks ago I have developed a grapefruit size hard lump on my left back. The right is smaller in size. It is very noticeable . The doctors office said they would pay to have it surgically lipoed . But today the company said try a cortisone shot for inflammation. Now it is really large. I was told to give it two weeks. The doctors did say they had just gone to a cool sculpting conference about this rare side affect. However, by reading these different post as early as 2011 looks like this in fact is a side affect. I can't even wear a bra or bathing suit. I will also contact the FDA . Thanks for the web site.
I'm really sorry to hear that. I am trying something called Venus Legacy (heat/suction/massage) to break it apart. Mine is smaller than a golf ball. So far no results. The ladies at the day spa said they have a client who had CoolSculpt done on her abdomen and she blew up and looks like she is pregnant. She is now planning to do lipo. Mine is not hard--it is soft and feels like regular fat. Good luck and please keep us posted.
You probably already know but there is a know adverse reaction from Cool Sculpting and it looks like you have it. It creates a hard mass in the area treated, many times is also larger than what you started with. You should go to the doctor who performed Cool Sculpting and have them file a complaint, Zeltiq knows of this issue and is paying for the surgery required to get rid of it. Its the only way to make it go away.

Grand Finale of Long Saga: Coolsculpting Left Me Deformed: NOT WORTH IT!

Well---I had this done years ago (when much less info was available). It was touted as totally safe--(no scalpel, no syringes...I figured the worst thing that could happen is it wouldn't work). I was wrong and it left me with a lump of fat and dents above and below that lump on one side. Over the years I've tried everything I could think of: Massage...Ultherapy & Liposonix (Waste of time & $$). I tried several subsequent sessions of CoolSculpt---no change. I tried 8 sessions of Venus Legacy which I really thought would have even a slight effect (even temporary!): 30 minutes of heat, suction and massage, once a week for 8 consecutive weeks......not even the slightest effect. I've also spent on consults ($$$) with two plastic surgeons who said it looked like a bad lipo job, but they said they could fix it. Well---I just can't bring myself to do lipo...where I will get scars and risk more disfigurement. So....I guess I will have to learn to live with it. (The lump shows right through if I wear a clingy dress or T-shirt :(
Why did this happen?----who knows---the body is a mysterious thing. I think this procedure might be good for men with hair on their abs--that will distract from any unevenness--or heavier people who might be happy with any improvement. But if you are slim like me, and care how you look naked....you may want to think twice as irregularities can show up on you much more.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

photo added

What about Exelis? I had Lipo years ago and have on side that the skin didn't didn't lay back properly and left me with a 'bump'. I am thinking about trying that.
Hey there I'm really sorry to hear about your experience but I can completely empathise!... I underwent Coolsculpting and also suffered from the horrendous side effect known as paradoxical hyperplasia. I am in the process of seeking compensation because the area has doubled in size!! It's criminal that they are allowed to run such a procedure with such horrific side effects. They need to state very explicitly what this side effect is PRIOR to the procedure and then we can make an informed choice as to whether to go ahead or not. I know that this procedure has helped many people lose fat- but the fact that other people like us have been left worse off than before is insane! Are you taking this up with Zeltiq? I would be interested to hear any opinions of how much compensation one should be entitled to after having had an area of your body disfigured. Any suggestions would be most helpful. Cheers Sam
So sorry that you had that issue. I think I mentioned elsewhere that when I was having Legacy treatments to try and help (massage & heat) the technician mentioned that another client had CoolSculpting on her stomach and now looks pregnant! She had to schedule Lipo. I did contact Zeltiq and they basically referred me back to my doctor where I got a free session (which did nothing).