Umbilica Hernia Repair and Tummy Tuck - New York

I am 37 with three kids. I thought after the...

I am 37 with three kids. I thought after the second that my belly button was crooked, but and it was, but that was due to the hernia. I have two older children and a one year old.

I am now one month post TT and getting better everyday. I didn't think it was that bad. The worst part was the bad reaction to the anesthesia. But, the recouperation is taking forever!!! I hate that I haven't been able to take care of my baby. I am not allowed to hold him for three months - well that's not going to happen, once I make it to six weeks I have to start taking care of him again.

I still have burning, tightening of the musles, but it's really not that big of a deal.

I had returned to work after seven days. I had two drains that were in for 10 days. But, I was allowed to shower with them. Sleeping was the biggest challenged. But, I have been in my bed the entire time. My stomach looks amazing. I'll post pics....

Hi there. How did you get a tummy tuck for so little cost? I have a hernia causing me a lot of pain, and I have ppo insurance. Any idea on how I can get away with the low cost of your tummy tuck price?

Thanks
Amber
Hi Amber, I too am having a TT with hernia repair. My insurance covers most of it. I am paying only $2,700.00 and insurance is covering the rest. The whole surgery is 9k total.
Thank you for posting. I am schedule for Feb 6, 2012 and am 40 yrs old with a 4 yr old and a 1 yr old..both boys. I just freaked out..your PS said you couldnt hold your baby for 3 months???
I thought the rule was no lifting, including the baby for 4-6 weeks and then with the binder on. Obviously, no rough housing, swinging the baby around but I mean diaper changes, lifting him in and out of his crib, etc. I will have help with this for the first 4 weeks and then will have to do some of this while husband is at work.
Can you clarify the 3 month thing?
Congrats on being on the other side, hope you post pics and so glad to hear you didn't think recovery was too bad. :)
This has been the worst part, because I did everything for my son - now my husband is doing it and my son will NOT go near me - he is so pissed at me. My doctor said I can NOT lift him. He said that at six weeks I can hold him, but still no lifting for three months. Honestly, I just starting holding him a little yesterday, but he just kicks to get out of my arms. I think this has been extremely traumatic for him. I did everything and then just in his eyes stopped and he can't understand. Now he will actually go to me to hit me to leave the room. I am trying to be patient to get to six weeks, but even then, I won't be able to bring him to bed up the stairs or walk around with him....
Hi Cindyjo!
Thank you for the review! I will be having a TT with umbilical hernia repair on Jan. 9th. I am worried about the belly button because ps said there is a VERY SLIGHT chance (1%)I'd "lose" it due to the hernia repair, but of course it doesn't make sense to do the tt without getting the umbilical fixed. How did yours turn out?
My belly button, looks amazing - it's unbelievable. YOu can not tell at all!!!
Awesome!! I have been so worried about it! Glad it worked well for you, cindyjo! And it's nice to read a review where the recovery has been manageable. I'm trying to be realistic about how much pain there will be.
Are you still sleeping in a sitting up position or can you lay down flat now? I am a side sleeper and I know I'll struggle a little, but the pain meds should help with that. ;-)
The drains came out on day 8 (I mistakenly wrote 10). I was two sore by the drain sites to lay on my side for a couple of days. So I would say I was back on my side by day 11. I wasn't taking any pain medication except Motrin by day 3, except at night for comfort. Seriously, the pain is not bad, except don't sneeze or cough for two weeks - lol. It's really not about pain, it's a serious surgery that takes patients for recovery. You will feel tired easy and move slower and experience soreness, like if you did 100 sit-ups. I look like I have the stomach of an 18 year old and my scar is so low. My doctor did a great job...
So glad I found you on here. It really is reassuring to hear a great review! ;-) I just scheduled my pre-op appt for mid Dec. They weren't going to have one - they were just going to mail me the scrips right before the surgery. Uh...no - I have questions! lol!
dnt worry about the belly button they will make you a new one. I lost mine when I had mine done because my belly button was in such bad condition from the hernia.