So Thankful That I Chose Dr Schulman and Trusted His Expertise - New York, NY

I am currently resting and healing following a...

I am currently resting and healing following a modified tummy tuck (an umbilical float with diastasis recti and umbilical hernia repair). I was extremely nervous about this surgery as I feared the results might be worse than my post-pregnancy tummy, which wasn't completely horrible to begin with.

After meeting with several surgeons and doing much due diligence I met with Dr Schulman. I told him that I didn't like my wrinkly and distended belly button and my tiny pot belly. I didn't have much loose skin.

Dr Schulman recommended an umbilical float, which means that my bellybutton was lowered by a few centimeters in order to gently stretch and flatten the skin following the muscle repair. I was very afraid of having a lower belly button asI was happy with the original location of my navel. I expressed my fears to the Dr and he reassured me (a couple of times) that my navel was actually a little on the high side and that the results would be very favorable. I decided to take a leap of faith trust Dr Schulman who, after all, had wonderful before and after photos and stellar reviews.

My bandages were removed earlier this week and, low and behold, Dr Schulman was 100 percent correct. The results are beautiful and I am thrilled. Soon I will be able to wear a bikini again. I am really excited and so thankful that I chose Dr Schulman.

You can view my before photos here. http://www.realself.com/question/endoscopic-diastasis-repair-umbilical-reconstruction

I have attached after photos to this review. Please note that my after photos are just one week post-operation and my tummy is still very swollen. My navel is currently swollen shut, but I feel confident that is will look great as the swelling subsides.

New York Plastic Surgeon