PLEASE HELP..Is It Too Soon Say I Want Revisioning Done? - New York

I recently had rhinoplasty in February 2011.I had...

I recently had rhinoplasty in February 2011.I had a bump removed from the bridge of my nose as well as the entire tip re-shaped..I went back the 1st week of august because i had a water filled bubble on the inside of my nose,so i went in for him to drain it..its now the end of october & im still not happy with the tip of my nose..I thought the bubble was causing the tip to look different on both sides,but i dont see that much of a change.both nostrils look different.

Also,i feel like where he took the bump away,now my front profile looks wide & swollen where the work was done..im now 8months after surgery..is it going to get any better? i hear it takes up to a year,but i feel like it isnt going to get better..

any advice would be helpful because im highly considering getting a 2nd surgery

New York Plastic Surgeon

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Are those After pictures of your nose thaken 8 months after your surgery? I think the shape if your nose looks great, and even though it may look a little wider from the front thats not a bad thing. I see what ur saying about the tip. It definitely looks swollen still. It could also be scar tissue which in that case you would need a revision. My nose changed the most a year after the surgery. I never would have believed it would get better but it did. I think your beautiful either way, do what makes u happy!!!!!!
Yes,but i should i trust the same surgeon for better results? I had a breast augmentation from him & had a problem with one breast dropping, i mean,it could just be my body but i dont know how i feel about him doing it again..i need professional advice
Hi Tina. I am going in less than 48 hours to Dr Berman for my breasts. We're you happy overall? Wasn't sure if you said the drooping was because of them settling, or because there was a problem?
Were*
won't you have to pay for another surgery then?
i go back every 2 months & barely any change..i hate to say..ill mosy likely go for a consultation somewhere else
this month has been 3 months since my surgery and my doc and I had already talked about revision surgery. I had a bump on the bridge of my nose and had him file it down. when the cast came off, about 99% of the bump was gone. seems like as the bone was healing, some scar tissue had formed and now a small, tiny tiny bump has formed. i mean its VERY small, but it is something that bothers me. I know like Angiemcc said above, you're suppose to wait about a year for your nose to heal...but my doc didn't mention any of that. I'd rather have him do the revision surgery now since i am still kind of swollen other then to wait a yr(which would be july 2012)... then do the revision surgery...then wait ANOTHER yr to see my FINAL RESULTS. we're talking like a 2-2 1/2 yr period for me to finally get the nose i want! lol.

have you talked to yotur doc about it at all? I go for my 4th(or maybe 5th? lol. i swear i go there every 4-6 weeks) for him to examine my bump and see if i want to go thru w/ the revision surgery or not...
i meant my 4th post-op appt**

I see what you mean about your tip. Rhinoplasties are so intricate that revision, sadly, isn't that uncommon. I had one myself. The swelling could still go down some, but after 8 months I think you can mostly see what you're going to end up with.

If you do decide to pursue revision, you might want to take a look at our Rhinoplasty Revision community.

Thanks for posting your story and photos here. Fingers and toes crossed that everything heals perfectly without your having to go through this again.