At-home DPL LED Device Really Works - New York

I'm always skeptical of these devices but a...

I'm always skeptical of these devices but a knowledgeable friend recommended it. I've used it for three weeks now, 17 minutes per day as instructed, and my skin is unquestionably improved. It is firmer, my age spots are faded and most surprising of all, my little jowls have disappeared and my neck is tighter. This particular machine, cleared for wrinkle use by the FDA, claims to have optimum results after 10 weeks.

I'm so happy with it after just three weeks, that I'll probably look 18 again soon. LOL. It's expensive but convenient for the home and the large size covers the whole face in one daily session. Love it.

Im want to buy a LED light which brand did you recomend

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

ps: meant to say, that I've never heard of specifically, pigmentation issues with LED devices - any of them. I have read that some folks have issues with recovery from use and drying, etc., just not pigmentation. The other thing to remember is that whatever you get for home use will just not be as strong as a dr. office, so if anything, there are quite a number of people who see no results at all. Btw, I just spoke to a woman who sold her Quasar MD on ebay. I asked her why she was selling, since that's the strongest of the Quasars. Didn't she see results? She said, that though yes, she did, she wasn't committed to keeping up the frequent treatment that you needed to do. That tells me, she couldn't have really seen much of anything. You can check in ebay completed listings, as I assume she did sell her device to SOMEone lol. I see loads of people using the Sirius Aurora. Anyway, I'd like to get one, but I'm still not decided on which one. LED light, btw, is being shown to be very useful for several things - more and more - look up the research on Alzheimer's and LED - fascinating!
Metaphorica, Can you provide info on specifically where you saw someone had worsening pigmentation from LED? I, myself (a former scientist - so I am used to researching), have not found anything like that at all and I've spent over a year diligently reading everything and calling all the companies (by the way, the folks at Quasar sound like idiots - sorry, it's the truth - they gave me a pack of wrong information on all three occasions I called them - including wrong information on their OWN products - geez - refused to transfer me to anyone other than an obvious sales layperson - called them three times total over a period of six months). The only things I see people say in their LED reviews on multiple sites is that there is either an improvement or that there is no effect at all. I am wondering if you saw someone reviewing, perhaps, a laser, and mistaking it for LED. I find that happens a LOT. And folks frequently DO have probs with the home lasers. I've read plenty of probs with Palo Via, for example. I'm waiting for the Philips ReAura to come to this country - that's a 2nd generation - laser - device - supposed to outdo the Palo Via in a number of ways. In any event, would like to read what you read about anyone experiencing pigmentation probs with LED. LED is used regularly on folks with darker skin, precisely because laser (not LED) can cause pigmentation issues. Again, many many people who review products get lasers and LEDs mixed up and review a laser as LED and vice versa. So, that is something of which to be aware. Thanks!

Good to know

I tried using an LED light therapy gadget at home (about a year ago) i can tell you that ive never had melasma until i used this. I was hoping to get rid of the slight redness on my cheeks, and i used it daily. I ended up with melasma on both sides of my face and its been a struggle to get rid of that. Maybe it was just a coincidence, but i truly believe it was the light.
I have been using Baby Quasar since its inception. The blue light is for acne and the red for fine lines and promoting healing by virtue of stimulating both collagen and elastin production. The green setting on the Quasar is the same type of penetrating light used by physical therapists and the like. I have fair highly sensitive skin, yet I have never experienced the equivalent of a burn. Moreover, there was no discernible difference in what is commonly referred to as "age spots." Essentially, the product is very safe. It should be noted that LEDs should be used with care regarding the eye and the throat area over the thyroid. As to the beneficial properties the following improvements were noted: skin was smoother, pores more refined and quite possibly treated areas appeared less flushed. Efficacy of the product is enhanced if combined with a medical grade copper peptide product to which I favor Osmotics. Additionally, I have found favorable results with the judicious use of a medical grade retinoid. As to the claim of burned skin, I have never experienced this hazard while it should be noted I have used the device well over 200 times at the recommended time intervals. As an aside the blue or cool light should not be used in conjunction with the red. While I don't believe it could do any conceivable harm, it may likely dry the skin and is not the recommended use as suggested by the manufacturer. Please note my observations are not supported by clinical trials undertaken by me. They are merely personal observations, thus my comments should be considered as such. Please also note I am a former engineer and am neither a scientist or trained medical practitioner.
I continued to have nice improvement with the device, but decided to bump up to the DPL panel device. It's excellent, and more time efficient than the hand held instrument. I ended up getting a great deal on the DPL on ebay. I think it has more infared capacity, and also blinks on a frequency (but it can't be seen with the naked eye). Wow, it's awesome. Pores are smaller, skin texture is smoother, and skin tone is lighter (sallow skin continues to lighten). I'm a believer!
SInce the original poster was so enthusiastic and I am researching options for dealing with sun damage for myself I decided to look into this device and followed her suggestion to look it up on Amazon.

I discovered that several people who purchased and used this same device feel that it INCREASED or sometimes even created age spots where none had previously existed.

After doing some more research I have found several more sites where people claim that LED skin treatment worsened dark spots rather than lightened them.

I'd love to ar what you feel your results are after using the device for several months. Do you still see improvement in your skin?he
I don't know if they'll disappear completely but if you are like me, they will reduce by about 50%. Best of luck, Scar and thanks for the comment.
I just bought one of these on ebay for $150, so excited to try it out. I have the Evis Platinum red light (purchased at TJ Maxx on closeout), and that thing did wonders for my skin (cleared up diffuse redness, pore size shrunk be about 75%). Best of luck to you with your new device : )
Dee74, Did you have any success with your device? I would love to hear! Thanks!
This is the Deep Penetrating Light Therapy device listed for $349. all over the web. I bought mine at Amazon. I don't have the model number or company, but if you google DPL $349.00 you'll see a bunch of search results. I hope that helps.
Thank you Content! I hope to get rid of my ugly brown spots!
What the brand name and model number of this LED machine and where do you buy it?
Hi Britt,
I use it for the recommended 17 minutes per day for cosmetic use. I also use it 17 minutes twice per day for arthritis in my hands and cannot claim the same success. It seems no more effective for pain than a regular heating pad.
This machine automatically turns itself off after 17 minutes so you can just close your eyes and relax. I often fall asleep as I do it at the end of the day.
Maureen

Wow for arthritis, never heard of using it for that, but if it works it works, which is good. I'm glad it works out for you.

Thanks so much for the useful info and the review,

-Britt

Hi Content,

That is great that it basically fixed everything that was of concern to you. How often will you use the machine for upkeep?

Thanks,