Unusual Scarring on Upper Blepharoplasty

I am a 52 year old male that had swelling around...

I am a 52 year old male that had swelling around the upper eyelids. The doctor did surgery on both eyes. One eye came out very good. The second eye resulted in scarring halfway between the eyelid and the eyebrow. My understanding was that the incision was supposed to be along the crease of the eyelid to the laugh-lines so that it was well hidden. This incision is not along the crease. I discussed this with the doctor and he said he did the incision at the correct location but the skin shifted after surgery. I don't see how that is possible because where would that skin come from, my eyelid? Also, my laugh-line is still in the same place and it's not near the incision. So if the laugh-line did not move, how could the incision move?

It's still early and he has assured me that the scar will fade over time. That may be true, but it will take quite a while if it really fades and I don't think it will ever fade completely. I believe there would have been no scarring if the incision had been made correctly. If I had known I would have this scar, I would not have had the procedure. But everything I read and also the doctor said that the scar would be hidden in the crease of the eyebrow.

I would appreciate if anyone would comment on whether this is typical that the incision is made this high.

I am so sorry about your scar. O have the same thing one eye great the other terrible. Totally visable and above the natural crease. I now 13 months post op and had another doctor laser the scar to see if it would help take the rope like red line away but it didn't work. It's something that we have to live with. Also my surgery made it look like one eye is now bigger than the other!!!! If only we know ......,
Yes, it does look like someone else did the other eye. When I had my eyes done they looked great in the first few months until all the swelling went down ...one eye I can see the scar. I use BIO Oil on the scar. I think it helps. I Being female it is easier to cover up with makeup. I would research and find the absolute best PS for eyes and see if there is anything that can be done for the scar...but do use a concealer. If the concealer does the trick, and it starts to fade. You might just leave it. We listen to all the PS talk...but I have read from others there really are no guarantees with skin. I too am fair skinned. I am happy because I do look younger...but not so perfect over one eye.
I am a 52-year old female with the exact same result! I am one week post op with one nearly perfect eye and the other looks like the under study took over. The scar is blood red and above the crease so I will be contacting the office tomorrow. How can the eyese be so different? Even if you account for assymetrical healing, there is no disputing where the incision was made. Good luck to us both!