Unusual Scarring on Upper Blepharoplasty

I am a 52 year old male that had swelling around...

I am a 52 year old male that had swelling around the upper eyelids. The doctor did surgery on both eyes. One eye came out very good. The second eye resulted in scarring halfway between the eyelid and the eyebrow. My understanding was that the incision was supposed to be along the crease of the eyelid to the laugh-lines so that it was well hidden. This incision is not along the crease. I discussed this with the doctor and he said he did the incision at the correct location but the skin shifted after surgery. I don't see how that is possible because where would that skin come from, my eyelid? Also, my laugh-line is still in the same place and it's not near the incision. So if the laugh-line did not move, how could the incision move?

It's still early and he has assured me that the scar will fade over time. That may be true, but it will take quite a while if it really fades and I don't think it will ever fade completely. I believe there would have been no scarring if the incision had been made correctly. If I had known I would have this scar, I would not have had the procedure. But everything I read and also the doctor said that the scar would be hidden in the crease of the eyebrow.

I would appreciate if anyone would comment on whether this is typical that the incision is made this high.