Not Nearly As Bad As What I Expected. - Williamsville, NY

My coolsculpting experience was on 03/16/12. I was...

My coolsculpting experience was on 03/16/12. I was reading all the reviews posted on here the night before and thought to myself "Oh my gosh, am I really that vain to put myself through all this pain?" Well, I went through with it, so I must be.

A little background on me......female, late 20's, 5'6, 140lbs. I try (keyword-try) to stick to a 1200 calorie/day diet.

Honestly, the absolute worst part was the first five minutes when the machine was put on me (small applicator). I felt like I couldn't breathe. I timed it and after five minutes, I couldn't feel anything. Like everyone else has said, when they took the applicator off, my stomach looked pretty disgusting. I braced myself for the worst with the massage, it wasn't painful at all.

As of today its been eight days post-procedure. Maybe I have a high pain tolerance because I haven't needed any pain medication more than one day of Tylenol. So really, if you've read reviews speaking of how painful this is I'm here to tell you that my experience has been virtually pain free. Nothing that I couldn't handle.

Oh my gosh really!!! Wow. Thanks for the information. Did you take any pain meds?
I got this done on March 30, 2012 and my stomach kills. I feel like little knifes are stabbing my stomach from the inside. Do you know of any good pain meds to take? Also will feeling return to the skin on my stomach?
It will take 2 to 3 weeks for the pain to go away. At least for me it did
Well are you noticing any difference?
Thanks Marie :) Cant wait to see your pics, will post mine too after Thursday
The only difference that I can really tell as of now (10 days), is that my stomach feels different. That may be the swelling though. I plan on taking pics every week for reference. I know I'm impatient, I just want to see results ASAP. I asked them to put on upper but it feels like around my belly button was the most suctioned, which I don't mind because any improvement will make me happy.
It probably wasn't as painful b/c you used the small applicator. I used the small on my flanks and was fine but 3 days after the large applicator on my abdomen I felt like bees were stinging me constantly and have been through 5 surgeries. The surgeries were nothing compared to the constant pain of the "bee stings". Can you tell a difference yet? Did you have it on upper or lower?
MarAlar, Yeah I finally just got over the bee stinging sensation. I def did not feel that on my flanks but on my lower stomach. It must be b/c of nerves and more fat cells (I'm guessing). Well Im going into my third week and haven't noticed any difference yet. Had my flanks and my lower stomach done. Keeping my fingers crossed
Hi Marie,
I'm having the procedure done on Thursday, Im nervous and excited at the same time. Was just wondering if you were able to go to work OK the next day? Also, this might sound like a stupid question, did you get really cold during the procedure? If I'm there for 2 hours, I'm thinking I might need sweaters to cover the rest of me :p Thanks :)
Oh that's not a stupid question at all! The staff put a heating blanket on me. I told them that I wasn't cold and I didn't need it, but I was really thankful for it once they gave it to me. As for working, I had mine specifically scheduled for a Friday so that I wouldn't have to go to work the next day just in case. But I've yet to have a day when I couldn't do anything. The only thing that I can say about that is that for the first couple of days it did hurt to bend over. Let me know how it goes on Thursday!