Upper and Lower Abs and Flanks - Liverpool, UK

Took a while to research whether it was worth...

Took a while to research whether it was worth getting done, but felt it would much harder to try a shift the fat through exercise. One person told me it would take a year of hard exercise to shift my belly fat and some fat is very hard to shift full stop. I am due to have the procedure on the 17th May and will update this review with my experience and photos.

Procedure tomorrow!

Little bit nervous but am hoping everything will go well! Got my puppy pads, painkillers and anti-infammatories all ready and have but a plastic cover on my mattress. Have also got a spare compression vest. I'm hoping the leakage won't be too bad! Will keep you all posted on my progress..

Day of procedure

Arrived for 1pm, staff were lovely made me a cup of tea. I was then given a sedative to help me relax. The surgeon marked out his plan of action on my stomach and then I was then placed onto the table with a cushion an the procedure began. First i was injected to numb all areas. The incisions were made, two either side below my stomach near my crotch area, two just below my nipples and in my belly button. I was in no pain but i could feel a lot of tugging with the ultrasound wand and suction device. I was chatting away to the staff throughout which did help. The most painful part was when i was getting hi def on my upper ab area, but it wasn't too bad. Was a lot of discharge when i first got up. Gores and puppy pads are working well and the compression garment is really comfortable. Quite hard to get up and down at the moment, but I'm sure this will improve quickly. Will post a pictures soon..

First day garment pictures

looking promising already even with padding in!

Post op morning

Woke up with no pain at all, slept for 8 hours only turning a few times. Leakage is now starting to subside, the worst leakage is definitely on the first night, but it's nothing that can't be handled with absorbent pads. If you are in pain it is worth noting that you can only use paracetemol or codeine based pain killers not Ibuprofen.. will post a few leakage pictures later today..

Day 2 going well!

Bit sore today but not too bad, leakage has now stopped. Took everything off for a shower and even with the swelling my stomach and hips are looking great! Think once the swelling has gone down it will look even better too.. will post some pics soon :)

Day 3 first after pics!

Day 3 now, in no pain. I have added pics so you can see the difference compared to my before pictures. Most of the blue colour is just pen or adhesive off the gores tape and there really is no fat there anymore just a bit of swelling. Excited to know what it will look like once the swelling goes! My flanks are completely flat now too. Only slight bruising is below both nipples and around my belly button...

Day 4

Stomach is still quite swollen today but isn't painful anymore. Put some Arnica gel on and it has helped. The incisions near my lower crotch area have now healed up, the left weeped the most but has now cleared up. Going for an MLD massage tomorrow which will hopefully speed up my recovery.. forgot to mention i was also put on a weeks course of antibiotics as a precaution..

Day 5

No pain now just slightly tender. Had MLD massage with Ultrasound today, smoothed everything out and i can feel and see an improvement already. Will post some updated pics soon.

Day 6 pic update!

Swelling going and the definition is starting to show! Very happy so far! :)

Day 8 pics!

Bruising virtually gone only a bit of swelling left..

Almost 5 weeks now!

Going well. Lost a bit of weight and am working on improving the definition of my abs. Left side is still a bit swollen but improves the more ultrasound massage i do. Quite happy so far, but i would say to see optimal results you really need to keep fit and eat well..
Dr Riaan Vlok

Very friendly doctor. Made the whole process as easy as possible. Answered any questions I had and was realistic about my results. The nursing staff and coordinators were great too and made me feel very welcome. The clinics atmosphere is great! Would recommend Dr Vlok and the NU clinic any day :)