5 days post op!- Novi, MI

I have my MM scheduled for July 25th 2012. I'm...

I have my MM scheduled for July 25th 2012. I'm really excited and will post pictures of before and after when I get chance. I've really been inspired on here by many ladies that have already gone through the procedure, but have so many questions that I want to ask everyone. So hopefully, while sharing my experience will help others as well. I am scheduled for a BL, BR and a full TT, with lipo in the flanks. I'm currently a size 8 with very bad stretch marks and saggy skin and also flanks I cannot get rid of that makes me look like I have the infamous muffin top. I hide in jackets and sweatshirts constantly, even in the summer. I also have very larger breast, which I have always had. I'm almost a 34G, and am looking to be more perkier and lifted and to be a 34DD after the BL and RD. I have a wonderful 3 year old and I'm 27 and feel like I have a much older body for my age. I'm recently divorced and feel like this is a new beginning for me after my surgery. My PS was very helpful to my questions and I feel comfortable with her. I will be staying over night in a hospital after my surgery. Now that I've shared some things, I do have some questions:

Does most PS provide a pain pump for the TT?
What did you do to prepare before the surgery? Supplies, clothing, toiletries.
Any tips on making my life and my families easier? Like drain issues, getting out of bed, extra sheets?
What pain meds worked best and how was the over night care?
When did you start using creams for surgeries?
Did anyone buy their own compression garments or were those provided?
Did anyone buy their own bindings or bras? Or how were the ones provided?
When did you switch or why did you switch?
I've also seen bindings with silicone in the wrap for the TT to help with healing, has anyone tried those?

I'm hoping my BL and BR gives me perky full breasts, my PS said I didn't need implants, but I've seen on here that a lot of women have went with BL and a BA, maybe it's because I have enough fullness? I just have seen may pictures of a BL and a BR on here...

I'm really nervous about the sedation, I know a lot of people are, but it just seems like a long time. All my bloodwork has came back normal and now it's just the waiting game until my pre-op appointment!!

Well it's been over a month since I've updated,...

Well it's been over a month since I've updated, but I've paid for my surgery in full and am ready to roll! I have my meds (Celebrex (for swelling), nausea meds and Vicodin), my list of items I have bought for after care; gauze, peroxide, qtips, zip up old lady jammies, sports bras, granny pannies, pee pads, and even poise underwear, just in case I can't make it for whatever reason. The only thing now I have questions about is compression garments. I know I'll be sent home with a binder and sports bra, but I'm wondering if any of you ladies ordered a separate stage 1 and stage 2 CG? If so which ones did you like best? I know everyone is different, I'm just wondering what worked best for you and if anyone ordered more than one, since i'll be wearing it for weeks...I've been having the bad dreams before hand; for the past month now. Like: Eating after midnight and I can't have my surgery done or really graphic ones where my skin is hanging and cut off me....Weird, i know...I'm still really nervous for the surgery and the anesthesia, The hospital called and said the surgery is 5 hours long, and I don't go in until 10am and my surgery isn't until noon! I'm going to be so hungry before then. Thank you ladies so much for sharing your experiences with me, everyone has been such a great help and answering questions. I can't wait for my new body!

I keep having the weird dreams, not making it in...

I keep having the weird dreams, not making it in time of my surgery and such. My mom and boyfriend have been super helpful with this and have made it easy on my decision. I hope I'm not a super crabby person after the surgery since I'll be relying on them heavily, but in pain. The last surgery I had was when I was 16, for outpatient wisdom teeth and I don't think this will compare to what I'm having done in 5 days...yeah...5 days, but non the less, I am so excited for my results and to go shopping for new bras, underwear and clothes!!! Let the last weekend to my old self be great and here is to a new body next weekend!

2 more days and I will be on the other side. I...

2 more days and I will be on the other side. I took before pictures and am waiting to get home to post them. So besides the dreams I keep thinking about dying, I know that's weird, but I'm so scared for being put under for 5 hours. I wonder if I will ever wake up. Everyone tells me I'm crazy, and of course I am, but I'm getting really nervous now. Thinking about if I will be able to manage the pain or being unable to do anything. My sister is an ICU nurse and she said she was going to stay with me...I made the joke of "well at least you know how to do chest compressions if I need them." and then of course she said I wouldn't need them, but it makes me feel better than she has handled very sick patients and will be able to help me with things while i stay in the hospital.

Question for the ladies that have already went...

Question for the ladies that have already went through this; what did you pack to bring to the hospital with you? Or anything that helped you out for your overnight stay.

So I'm on the way to the hospital. I am so hungry...

So I'm on the way to the hospital. I am so hungry thirsty. My surgery isn't til noon. Hope I wake up on with no problems!

I know it's been awhile since I've posted, but I...

I know it's been awhile since I've posted, but I just haven't felt like it lol. My OR was running behind and was scheduled for noon. I didn't get in there until 3pm, and didn't get out of surgery until 9pm. 5.2 hours total....I guess I bled a lot during the surgery, something my surgeon didn't expect but all and all it was a success. I woke up during the surgery and asked for a cheeseburger to be put in my IV! LOL. I was so hungry, from waiting forever, not eating or drinking anything. I stayed the night and the nurses were awesome. They had me on dilauded every 5 hours, which really helped, then switched me to percocet in the morning. I went home around 1pm and the drive home wasn't the pleasant. The next day was my postop, checkup. Everything was looking good, except my belly button is a little infected, so i've been putting neosporin on that. I also learned that my PS, didn't have to sew up my stomach muscles! Which is why I haven't been in so much pain. So now as of today, I'm not taking any vicodin or pain medication. My incisions burn a bit, but are tolerable.

Yea!!! I know finally my clothes are starting to fit better, and its a great feeling, and seeing the girls back up where they belong is heaven isn't it? Can't wait to see pics, and as things heal it just gets better :)
Glad it all went well! How are you liking things so far? :)
Things are starting to look better today. My swelling is minimal, and when i put my cami on i was like WHOAAA HEADLIGHTS! lol, it's nice that the tata's are facing forward instead of down now and my belly is flat. Can't wait to get the stitches out. I think my belly button is kind of low...it's only like 3 inches from my incision...but it's definitely flat and my garments are starting to feel larger.
I hope all us well! Best of luck!
*is .......darn phone lol

So exciting your on the way to the hospital! Gooooooooood luck!

Woohoo you must be excited! I think a lot of people think that before surgery. I know I do- I still have over 3 months until mine. You will be fine. I am excited for you!
Hi mlb! How are you nerves? My surgery is next week as well.
You're scheduled a day after me!! Good luck :)
Thanks momwboys! Good luck to you as well! Are you super excited?!
YES!! I am, it came really fast. I'll be hoping the recovery goes just as fast :/ anything will be better then what I have going on now!!
It will go by so fast! Good luck to you, what are you all having done?

I can't believe I went for my consult three months ago and I'm 5 days away now. I think I have everything, I guess we'll find out. I bought some hideous old lady house dresses that zip up, my bf wouldn't even look at me when tried it on! LOL he said it'll be ok when it's "medically necessary." ha! It will do it's job, also got some zip up hoodies so I don't look horrendous when I go to the PS office. I did order a second compression garments for 2nd stage and also scar silicone sheets for when my incisions close up. I know i'm jumping the gun on this, but I wanted to get these ordered, when my PS says it's ok, so I can put them on, right when I get home! Instead of ordering on the internet. I bought both the TT scar fx strip and the breast lift scar fx strips....I hope that helps with the healing, i've heard really good things about people's scars with the silicone.

I can't wait to go shopping for old lady gowns! I am going to live in them!! My PS doesn't use stages in garments- not sure what ats about I will find out more at me pre op.  Hear ya on getting the scar treatment now- why be bothered later ya know. I am going to start slowly buying everything I need- but of course the 1st thing is the grannies gowns!
mlb2012 I'm freaking out and excited at the same time too...I am soo nervous I don't have time to make an entry under my information for my surg. I haven't bought anything yet. I plan on doing it this weekend. I def need to get some pillows. Can you send me the link for the silicone strips, I would like to get a jump start as well. I also talk to the nurse and she told me I should shave this weekend because they don't want me to shave too close to the surg. Well please mlb2012 or anyone that has gone through this and you have any extra tips my ears and eyes are open. O yeah, the nurse also told me my iron level was at a 10 and they would like it to be a little higher. Is is practical to go any higher with only 5 days to go...I have been eating red meat and green veggies in conjunction with my iron pills and it still didn't go higher. Not to mention my menses is on...Well maybe TMI...anyway from my babbling you can tell I am nervous...lol

No not until Oct 29th! Wish it was sooner..... I have so many lists, things to get and questions.

Have you gotten everything you need? Are you more nervous or excited? You will do great during and after surgery just keep thinking this to will pass after surgery!! I will be thinking of you!,

You are so close! How excited are you?
I'm super excited...but really nervous and keep saying "why am I doing this again?" Just afraid of the after, in the hospital and hurting a lot. I don't want to throw up or sneeze or cough. I think I'm prepared though, from this site, it has taught me so so much. I really need to take before pics. All you ladies have inspired me to be ok with showing my results. So I might do that tonight. Blonde, when is your MM or have you had one already?
You are getting so close! I was totally afraid after my reduction that I would be too small as I also have had biggin's for as long as I can remember, but my worries were put to rest after I got to see my girls lifted and a way better size for my body. I can't imagine having had implants and a lift, as I was a DDD-E cup prior and I am a D cup now after the BR. I also stayed in the hospital for a day after surgery (because of multiple procedures), and all I have to say is take your pain meds while there and sleep as much as you can when you are not up and trying to move! I honestly dont know what I would have done if I had been sent home on the first day, as I could barely move and needed help getting out of bed by two people just to go pee :( The second day onward were much much easier as I got moving around more. I will say the earlier you get up and moving the better, as by the fourth day I wasnt taking any of my pain meds, and getting around fine :) Post some pics if ya can as I would love to see your results! I bet you will look great! :D
Thanks lilcat, I've been following your blog closely as your procedure is almost identical to mine, I'm about a 34F right now (and spilling a bit out of that) and I am so afraid of losing my girls! I'd still like to be a DD when all said and done. I don't want to look like a flat chested boy. lol. Do you have a body suit compression garment? Or two seperates? Also are you planning on any scar treatment?
I used the binder my PS gave me for the first two weeks. After that I tried a few different ones, and settle on of all things flexees from maidenform. they are super firm, and because of the fact I have bought so far a L, M, and S as I have went down in swelling I am glad I didnt buy any of the $100+ ones! lol. I have started to use the silicone strips on my girls, but with the current boo boo on my TT incision I am waiting on putting anything on that.
How are the silicone strips working so far on the girlies? Have you noticed a difference yet?
I am not sure if its the strips, or just healing good, but my incision, though still a pinky red color are flat and thin. My PS said they look really good for being 4 weeks PO. My tummy incision has not had anything done yet for scar treatment and it looks a million times worse. I am hoping this infection or whatever clears up fast so I can start treating that one too. Maybe I will get off my butt and finally post some more pics on my review lol.
You must be so excited!!!!
Hi Blonde! I'm very excited and nervous. What size is you cup size now? If you don't mind me asking. My PS told me I wouldn't need implants, but it seems like everyone has a BL and a BA...I know everyone is different. I could probably lose a couple cup sizes to be honest. I've just always had large breast and am afraid of losing them. Have you gotten any good tips from anyone? I'm just afraid of being in a lot of pain afterwards or infections...I can't wait though! My 10 yr high school reunion is in August and hopefully I'll be looking hot!
Hey I am @ a D- but a lift takes a cup size away. Plus the look I want can't be achieved without implants.