Adult Acne- Why Me? - Novi, MI

I decided to go to the dermatologist for acne that...

I decided to go to the dermatologist for acne that I have been dealing with since I was a teenager. I am 28 now and I'm still dealing with it. I always acne on my face especially on my cheeks and it gets worse before my period. I usually try covering it up with makeup. I was using murad acne cleanser, a glycolic acid based toner and acne free benzolyal peroxide based lotion and murad spf 30 lotion.

The Dr. prescribed me Solodyn (minocycline HCI) pills to take daily, and Veltin (clindaymcin phosphate and tretinoin) gel to use at night. During the day they said to use cerve moisturizer.

They also recommended me to take birth control pills. I am debating it because I was on it in the past and it made me have horrible mood swings. Is there a birth control pill that doesn't cause bad side effects?

I hope this works, I am starting the treatment today :)

Annoyed

So it's been 10 days so far. I'm not sure if it's getting better yet :/ if this doesn't work in another week I'll be considering birth control

It's improving

I have noticed a big improvement. I also feel like if I don't stay on top of the oral medication I begin to break out. But it has been way better lately and my skin is also smoother