First consultation..BOOKED! - Nova Scotia, NS

Ever since I was 13 years old, I've know that...

Ever since I was 13 years old, I've know that breast implants are for me. For 2 reasons, i was born with a deformity in my sternum & because I've always desired a larger chest to look more flattering in clothes! My family doctor told me when I was diagnosed that if I gained 30 pounds or if my breasts grew then my protruding ribs would be hidden! Gaining 30 pounds is virtually impossible for me, my metabolism is through the roof and I'm very active!

So larger breasts it will be! I haven't booked my consultation yet, simply because the nearest clinic is 5 hours away by driving and I need to find the time!

I'm currently a 32B, 5'8'', 125 pound 19 years old. I am very small but i've always had a big curvy bum, I think the larger breasts would give me a very nice hour glass shape. My boyfriend thinks that I'm a little crazy for spending the money and I'm perfect just as I am, but he has told me that he'll be by my side and assist me anyway he can. (until the needles come out and then hes either leaving or passing out hehe)

At the clinic I plan to go to, they charge $6900 for saline and between $7840 and $8180 for silicone (depending on the type of gel implant) The PS has 15 years of experience, has all the right certification and from what I've read, a great team and great reviews!

So my questions for all you wonderful ladies are:
Saline or Silicone? Why?
Do you recommend sub muscular?
Do you recommend transaxillary incisions?
What are some questions to ask your ps in a consultation?
How did you prepare yourselves for your surgery in the days/weeks/months prior to surgery?

Called today and made my first consultation :D...

Called today and made my first consultation :D I've decided to go to a different province for my first one. Its about 5 hours by car and my best friend (1 of 2 people who know) is going to be my booby buddy!! YAY for friends! As soon as I told her I wanted it she was behind me 100%.

Right now I'm pretty set on 300-350cc, silicone, sub muscular & im flexible on either an incision in my arm pit OR under my breasts!

I've been doing yoga twice a week and LOVING it, so soothing and relaxing..everyone should try it. This is something I'll miss after my surgery.

If anyone is unsure about how the procedure works, please click this link. Its SO informative, it really cleared up a lot for me :) http://drhusain.ca/3d.php (my first consultation is with this PS)

I think thats all for now, I'm very nervous/excited for my first consultation :D

Litter bit over 2 months until my consultation..im...

Litter bit over 2 months until my consultation..im so impatient!!! I have to wait so long because it's hard for me to get time off work & my plastic surgeon is very busy (good sign, right?!)

I feel like im totally obsessed with boobs lately, everytime i walk by magazines or look at clothes online..my main focus is boobs LOL i've showed my boyfriend at least 100 pairs of boobs in the last week alone and asked him if he thought they would look good on me! Not to mention I'm on here every day or second day to read peoples stories AND im watching peoples video diaries of their BA journey!

I know its super pre-mature, but im hoping to not have to take more then a week from work..like i said, hard to book time off. This is because i waitress at a small local restaurant and theres only 2 other day servers and 2 night servers . I do both day and night shifts so the other 4 girls would have to work everyday for 7 days (2 servers per shift)
I also REALLY dont want to have to explain why i need time off, mainly because my boss is my MOM, haha i just dont really want to hear her opinion on my BA, not that i dont value her opinion. This is just 100% for me.

hey, i found your profile from http://www.realself.com/question/nova-scotia-canada-breast-implants-hide-my-deformed-sternum ~ and i wanted to tell you that you have a stunning figure. nothing about your sternum or breasts looks deformed to me! modern medicine is silly - there's a "condition" for everything nowadays. whatever doctor diagnosed you was just practicing the neurotic nitpicking doctors are trained to do, putting a name to any slight deviation from the average human body... :P just thought i'd drop you a note cuz i've been sitting here obsessively googling different things i think might be wrong with my breasts, looking at pics of models and crying on and off with frustration and intermittently pausing to look in the mirror and draw marks on myself to see if i fit x or y criterion for saggy breasts or whatever other condition. when i came across your question, it was kind of a wakeup call - i was like, "jeez, this beautiful girl thinks something is wrong with her boobs... man maybe i'm being too harsh on myself too." that said, i totally support you in your decision to get a BA. you've done your research and you know what you want, and i'm sure it'll look great. i just don't want you to think for a second that you're not sexy as hell the way you already are. hope all is well!
annoying how linebreaks don't show up... -__- oh well, i'm sure my wall of text was understandable :P
the before pics you look wonderful and gorgeous, I wish I had your figure!
Aw, thank you so much :) i really appreciate that!
I am getting high profile silicone implants...I have very little breast tissue to cover the implant and with silicone there is less of a chance of rippling! I am very active, and am hoping for boobs that are small enough to stay out of the way but big enough to play up and show off when I want to! So far, I like the look of 350 cc's. I'll be going with the crease incision...I don't want it in my armpits, and I am choosing not to do the nipple incision, mainly because I'm too afraid of losing any sensation! I know there's a chance regardless, but still. My doc recommends the crease, and that is what I feel more comfortable with :) I'm also going under the muscle. I'm hoping for a full C cup...but I'm not hell-bent on cup size. I just want them to look good! I'm ridiculously excited for my surgery. I look forward to your updates. You look amazing already!!
Oh and my stats are...I am about 5'4" and 103 lbs...28 years old :)
thank you so much, what a nice thing to say :) i definitely wouldnt mind the incision in my crease or in my armpit, so im just going to let my PS determine that! i agree with the nipple incision though! I was just looking at your story and the sizers look PERFECT for your body shape :D good luck with everything!
Hey there! Did you pick a size and surgery date yet? Feel free to look at my profile/pics/stats. I went with 457ccs silicone, moderate profiles under the muscle. Good luck and keep us posted! :)
Hey girl, I think between 300-350 ccs of saline! Not sure about the profile yet, but I'm definitely leaning towards sub muscular and either an incision through the arm pit or under the crease of my breast :) Thanks for your reply, I'm going to read your story now!
Awesome!!!!! The bigger the better lol!
Keep me posted! You will love your new girls no matter what you choose!! ;)
Hey, I was just catching up on your posts and see that you were thinking about an incision under the crease of the breast... thats where I just had my right breast incision, and I'm not happy with it. She cut me to far down on my body. When I was in the operating room, she took a Sharpie marker and kinda eye balled it to match up with my left breast. She was wayyyy off! Now when I go back (to a new surgeon!!) I will have a scar on my rib cage. She never said you know sit up straight or stand up or lift your arms nothing. And there was never anything wrong with my crease to begin with. I had the original surgery around the nipple and I was/am very happy with it. Its really hard to see the incision there. Good luck with it all, and I glad to see so many ladies responding to you, thats awesome!
oh no, im so sorry to hear that :( vitamin e oil and bio oil!! hopefully it will make it disappear! I think at this point im leaning more toward the armpit, but i think ill just let my surgeon determine that!
Yes, underarm incision is in my opinion the way to go! I got my breasts done 5 days ago (started at less than an A, got 475cc R, 500cc L, 115lbs, 5'4") and I can't imagine any other incision place. I u go under the fold of your breast, it might be seen if you are laying at the pool etc and your bikini rides up. In my opinion it's just less noticeable under the arm. So if the option is available I would go for it. Are you getting g excited about the surgery? Sounds like it'd coming up soon for you now!

Welcome to RealSelf! In the US, you have to be 22 to get silicone implants. Not sure about Canada, but you should check into that. Many of your questions will be answered by surgeons when you start consulting, because certain body types do better with certain placements, incisions, etc.

That said, doing your research is invaluable as well!

Here's a post from Walnut Creek about what she wishes she knew before surgery. Hope it helps!

19 in Canada, sometimes as young as 18 with parental consent. I was in contact with the PS, which is how i know about the prices! As I said, I will be consulting soon! I'm not looking for someone to recommend something for ME, just in general. Ive also already read that. Thanks for your reply Angie
oh, yeah and i also have a rib deformity too. :)
#1 - make absolute sure that you have a "real" surgeon!!!! I found out Dec 31, 2013 (yes just 13 days ago) that my surgeon was only a GP. He ran his business to Toronto for ? years. I seen him 10 years ago, and this past April he was charged or something.. it was all over the news apparently. Here is a couple of sites you can check, your doctor- http://www.ratemds.com and this one is for all of Ontario, I'm sure there is one in Nova Scotia too. When you click on the cpso (college of physicians and surgeons) link, it will first bring you to my "old" doc, the one that wasn't a surgeon. Then you can enter your new doctor to check. http://www.cpso.on.ca/docsearch/details.aspx?view=1&id=%2058520 And I very honestly am telling you that YOU DO NOT NEED breast implants from the photos that you have posted. Also I would go to a bra store and ask to be fitted for a bra, I use to work at La Vie En Rose, and from my experience you are not a B cup, not from these photos. I would say that you are a at least a C cup, depending on the style. I did it because I was a 32a... I asked for a B+, C- I got a D... and then complications. I'm telling you, you are still growing, and right now you are perfect! Just being a Mom here, and letting you know that your breasts are perfect! Leave em be, and go on vacation or something with the money. ;0)
Dr Bendor Samuel shows up on both :) he has a 4.7 out of 5 rating! (comforting) i dont really think anyone "needs" implants, its a want! Like i said in the caption in the photo, thats a double push up bra..adds 2 cup sizes to the twins! If i was more comfortable in my own skin i would take a picture shirtless, but i just cant. I am going to take a photo in a sports bra with 0 padding tho, so you can see the difference! Thanks a lot for your advice, but i know this is something i want :)
I have a friend who has the gummy bear ones and she loves them.