Half Sleeve Tattoo Removal - Nottingham, MD

It has been a while since I started my removal in...

It has been a while since I started my removal in August. I have been using the q-switched ruby laser to remove the black. So far I have had mixed opinions on how it is going. I have been having some trouble with the removal of the shading as it seems to be leaving a ghost effect. Not sure if it is temporary but I will give it time and see since the lines are yet to be removed. This is my first post and the first picture was the day the tattoo was done and the next picture will be 4 treatments in. This tattoo was a freehand on the outline, after it was done I went into shock and I thought I might like it if I got it finished. oh how wrong I was... I was only 18 made such a stupid mistake of letting him basically doodle on my arm :S I am currently doing a session every two weeks on a third each time. The bottom 3rd has had 4 treatments and the top 2 have had 3.

Session 11 down ( 4th session on middle segment)

Just had my session! Was a burner, the ruby laser has been serviced and has 30% more power I can certainly feel it. We did some experimentation on a small section of my tattoo that is purely shading and we will see if it goes down. Been loving the progress so far, just hope i'm not left with a ghost effect like I have seen before but you have to stay positive and hope for the best and plan for the worst!

11 days after 4th middle section.

Seeing results!

Was feeling that it hasn't changed much but seeing this picture compared to the other has given me more hope!

Feeling Good

Approaching the end game. The solid lines are responding great to the ruby laser and I am seeing significant fading each session. The shading appears to be taking longer to get rid of, but the test patch using the yag laser is seeing positive results. Will post a 3 picture progression comparison from the past 3 main treatment area once this session has healed up.

Forgot these :D

2 weeks after

Heres pictures comparing will post a side to side picture

Mega treatment down ( thankfully)

This was nasty, took 1150 shots but only focused on the main lines using the q switch ruby. Next session we are thinking of doing a clean sweep with the yag to hit some of the shading as it proves more effective. The test patch seems to be showing great results.

1 week 2 post treatment

Looking very red, most scabs have fallen off.

26 days post

Just an update

It's only been 1 week 2 days since my 17/21 treatments. First picture is directly after treatment, and the other 2 is when its red and when I push the blood out of arm while stretching can see big fade :)

Forgot to note

I used the ruby one last time for the thicker stuff, next session I am going to go clean sweep with the yag, seems to have slightly quicker healing time, do not want to spend all summer covered !

side by side from original to present

17 treatments down, summer break :D

It feels like a lifetime ago since I first had my tattoo done, come a long way since then. Couldn't have done it without the support from this website has helped a lot. I wish all the best to all with their treatments, don't hesitate to ask any questions and have a great summer!

Gary

My doctors are very friendly and try to solve any problems as they can.

Just checking in to see when your next session is - hope you`re having a wonderful summer!!
Just came across your posts and am so happy to see how well your progress has been going for you! I'm only three treatments in and still waiting to see some noticeable fading, but I've been told everyone reacts differently.
dam that's awesome bro...
That's crazy good results...I am just thrilled for you!!!! So glad you shared your journey with us!
Wow! 17 treatments! Lifetime indeed! But at least you have nice results. Have you ever considered switching to PicoSure? Just wondering.
I have, although it seems much better, there hasn't been as many cases its at very early stages at the moment. The price is considerably higher aswell
Marisska, worth mentioning that Slackyboy was separating his treatments up in to thirds. So how many do you reckon on the full thing? Perhaps 6-8?
Oh yeah, right! I forgot about that. For 6-8 treatments this is a very good result. Can't wait up get this far myself.
Apologies yes, I think it is 8 full treatments on the tattoo
Hey! Can i ask what settings are being used? More importantly, what frequency? I'm currently having laser removal myself and have been considering starting a removal review on here. I've seen a lot of fading but i don't think the frequency is high enough? After some sessions there isn't much whitening of the black?
Wow! Amazing! You are almost done! Very happy for you :)
Thankyou !:) Hopefully just this redness is taking ages might get some sunscreen concealer for when I'm in sun haha. How are your treatments going?
Haha sooner to later it will be gone! Then seeing such an inspiring results, I feel I can do it too and get it done! I am having my 3rd treatment next week, thanks for asking! Things are going good, but very slow! I am so early on! Hope in 2 years it all will be just a memory :) good luck to you and keep us posted!
So pleased for you buddy. Almost there! Do you think the ruby would be good for my tattoo? I've been treated 14 times now, and am probably using Picosure next month aa the fading has slowed right down. Was your tattoo mostly shaded?
Appreciate it mate, sorry for late reply, well 14 treatments is a lot on the skin, what were you using before that? Ruby is good at getting the more stubborn ink and yag is best for shading . On my pictures you can see the outline stage and the next picture, directly after tattoo was complete so appears much darker than a few weeks later when it starts to lighten. Mainly shading but very prominent outline, that's what I originally wanted to remove and have redone but thought against doing that .
I can't believe the progress you have made, it's almost gone! It's going to continue to fade too! So happy for you!
Thank you so much, am well chuffed with the progress, just hate the redness haha
On such a short time you have come such a long way, especially considering the size of your tat! Congrats man!!! And on a side note, my technician is using the Revlite, how is that compared to the ruby? :-)
uao.... it's really really faded!! i mean, it wasvery dark and full of ink, congrats!!!
Looking very faded!!
Great progress need some hope good to read your story
Hey there just checking in for an update, how are you doing?
Hi Eva I'm doin great thanks, going onto full arm treatment on Wednesday, I'm really impatient so I'm doing it in 4 week intervals . I'll post pics before I go and after. How's your treatment?
Hey, good to hear from you, glad things are well!!! Your treatment is tomorrow - good luck!! Let us know how it goes ok. I actually am great, started my cover up - I posted an update on my blog - Blackberry11

Excellent progress, my friend! Makes me excited to start my treatments :)