Half Sleeve Tattoo Removal - Nottingham, MD

It has been a while since I started my removal in...

It has been a while since I started my removal in August. I have been using the q-switched ruby laser to remove the black. So far I have had mixed opinions on how it is going. I have been having some trouble with the removal of the shading as it seems to be leaving a ghost effect. Not sure if it is temporary but I will give it time and see since the lines are yet to be removed. This is my first post and the first picture was the day the tattoo was done and the next picture will be 4 treatments in. This tattoo was a freehand on the outline, after it was done I went into shock and I thought I might like it if I got it finished. oh how wrong I was... I was only 18 made such a stupid mistake of letting him basically doodle on my arm :S I am currently doing a session every two weeks on a third each time. The bottom 3rd has had 4 treatments and the top 2 have had 3.

Session 11 down ( 4th session on middle segment)

Just had my session! Was a burner, the ruby laser has been serviced and has 30% more power I can certainly feel it. We did some experimentation on a small section of my tattoo that is purely shading and we will see if it goes down. Been loving the progress so far, just hope i'm not left with a ghost effect like I have seen before but you have to stay positive and hope for the best and plan for the worst!

11 days after 4th middle section.

Seeing results!

Was feeling that it hasn't changed much but seeing this picture compared to the other has given me more hope!

Feeling Good

Approaching the end game. The solid lines are responding great to the ruby laser and I am seeing significant fading each session. The shading appears to be taking longer to get rid of, but the test patch using the yag laser is seeing positive results. Will post a 3 picture progression comparison from the past 3 main treatment area once this session has healed up.

Forgot these :D

2 weeks after

Heres pictures comparing will post a side to side picture
Gary

My doctors are very friendly and try to solve any problems as they can.

Hey- I have a question. Maybe you can help answer. I just had my 3rd (on one arm) and 5th (on the other arm) session today. Normally, each session hurts like hell for me, and I feel awful for about two days- I just take pain meds and sleep. For whatever reason, my arms are super red this time, on top of being sore, and swollen (the swelling has always been normal for me). I'm freaking out that I'm so red. But it looks a bit like you are red too after your sessions. Any idea why it happens, how long it lasts, and if I should be freaking out or not as much as I am? Could it be the result of the lidocaine I use prior, or the ice used in-between? My skin is red in areas that the laser hit next to the black lines, like yours seems to be. I've just never seen this on me before... and I'm feeling like such a baby today from this session. Any thoughts?? Thanks :)
Hi , if you could show some pictures it could really help . It is totally normal and it can last up to 4 weeks after the treatment and usually gets brought out more when you are hot or you have just done exercise. It is the increased blood flow to that area which has received considerable trauma during the treatments. Try raising your arm and you will notice the redness fades but will come back when you lower it . You are seeing the red more because there is less ink underneath believe it or not it will have been more red when you had your earlier treatments but the tattoo ink will have camouflaged it. This means that you are making progress and soon you will have all red after a treatment when there is little pigment to remove :D
That's really good to know, thanks. I thought if the skin around the ink, didn't have any ink itself, that the laser wouldn't affect it. But I guess, why wouldn't it?! It is after all, laser radiation treatment. And what you said made sounds absolutely right - I was (am) really red in areas where shading is basically gone. Hopefully it won't last too long!! I will be adding some new photos soon. I'm not sure what happened to all the ones I had posted before... Tracking my on progress with more photos is also probably a good idea :)
How old was your tattoo?
Got it June 2013 so not very old
Wow, great progress! I can't believe the breakup you are seeing in the outlines of the tattoo!
Thank you ! I know hoping to see much more progress in future :)
hey what is the clinic called ? im in MD thanks
It is the maperly park clinic :)
Great progress!! Excited for you, would be great if you could add a side by side photo :)
Thankyou ! :) I will do I have my next session on wednesday once that has healed ill do one
About how long does the redness of the skin last after laser treatment? I just had my first session and I'm worried :(
Hi mate, don't worry redness is completely normal it's just increased blood flow to aid with the healing. I still have redness and it has been 3 weeks since the treatment on my lower section. Give it 4 weeks and if it is still red consult with your doctor :)
Who's your doctor??
Some great results there considering you only started in August. I wouldn't of believed you've only covered the tattoo 3/4 times with a q switched laser.
Thankyou :) after my next treatment I will be able to start treating half of my arm instead of splitting it into 3rds. I will find out the setting I have been using when I go for my next one
Couldn't believe my eyes scrolling through your photos; what incredible results. :) You're doing great!! Would definitely love to know what setting you're using.
Thankyou ! :D I will find out for you in my next treatment and I will post it on my review. I will also post pictures showing the difference in fade from my last treatment
thanks for posting, man. I think the results are pretty excellent for 4 considering how big and dark that thing was. take it no cover up?
No problem :), I know how useful it is to see other peoples results as I reassures them. The picture of it dark was the day it was done unfortunately I don't have a picture couple weeks after it was finished but it lightened I little bit. Not my plan A but certainly a plan B if things don't go according to plan or there is significant pigment left behind.
Wow, I must say you are having great results! Do you know what setting your laser is at? Another member in the community was worried about the ghost effect or browning:

A COSTLY MISTAKE - MENTALLY, PHYSICALLY & FINANCIALLY

As Dbmistake mentions, you will see continual fading and more time between sessions the better.

Thankyou :) I am not sure I will ask my doctor but it definitely has increased in power!
It looks like you are having really good progress. The ghost problems may be solved by giving your skin a break, I have seen others with the same problem and it goes away after some time. Keep it up though and I am sure it'll be all gone soon!
Thankyou :) That is what my doctor said, he said that it takes time to settle, but the test area will see if any progress can be made. It's all trial and error at the moment. Appreciate the comforting words my friend :D