Not Worth It - Big Rip Off

I had Perlane about two weeks ago. The expense,...

I had Perlane about two weeks ago. The expense, and discomfort were not worth it. Perlane is made from some type of purified and processed bacteria. What was not told me was that some of these dermal fillers (especially Perlane and Restalyne) have caused sore throats, and colds, in some people. I take a lot of vitamins and haven't had a cold in about 20-years. After I had the Perlane treatment, I got a very bad cold, the very next day. It lasted for about two weeks, and it was the worst cold that I can ever remember having in my life. It was from the bacteria in the Perlane. The filler also started fading on the second day, and part of the "filling-look" was due to swelling. After it went down, my face looked about the same. It was a rip off.

Sometimes the injection may be a little deep where the provider can hit blood vessels. I would not worry about it. You may consider taking Arnica to prevent bruising now and in the future; it also help to take it about 2-3 days before the appointment.
I just had the Perlane injections 4 days ago, and haven't decided yet on the results. I can see a slight difference, but what is freaking me out is the four broken blood vessels, that is more than obvious!! They haven't faded at all, and I'm now wondering if my skin is damaged? Has anyone else experiened this? Thanks for any feedback.
It has been two weeks now that I had Perlane on the sides of my nose and mouth and I have lumps on both sides of my mouth I am not happy with the results and would never do it again especially for what I paid.
p.s. to "lauraanno's" comment: you seem like you work for the company as well... and why the condescending attitude? how very strange that other people who had the procedure would insult others who were not happy with their own results?? why would you care?? hmmm... to "laurajane" I too had bruising, and I STILL have lumps and it has been well over a month
funny... it seems like "sarah gibson" and "godentalgroup " work for the company why else would they seem personally offended my someone's negative experience?? am I the only one who sees this? it's pretty damn transparent from where I am sitting
Dear Dawn71 Let's be fair about this. I think you've missed the point. Please read Betty comment and then mine again. If you expected to receive a constructive comments or answers then please be respectful and give accurate information about your experience, and if you wanted to get into science and facts then do the research before you write anything. I cannot give you a constructive answer if all I hear is it does not work and the doctor is bad ripped off etc. or in this case from one of the response 'It was from the bacteria in the Perlane'. Do you really believe that? and I work for my patients thank you. Michael H
I'm not really sure what you people are talking about. A cold is caused by a virus not by bacteria. One would think that an adult, especially one that's out getting facial work done, would already know this very well known fact. Also to the one that has 'lumps' had you read the pamphlet and listened to your doctors instructions, etc. you would have known that the lumping is possible for the first few days to two weeks. This goes away. Also, bleeding??? Now I can't imagine how anyone would bleed when a needle is placed into the skin...Come on, you must have been told that some of this would happen. You people can't actually be this uneducated. I had a bit of lumping but was gone within a week and now i'm evened out. It also did change my smile, however that's the goal we were trying to achieve. I had lost an enormous amount of fat in my cheeks and we built them back to where they were in my early 20's. Love it, Love it, Love it. I've used Restylane and Perlane 4 times now (24 months) Told that I probably won't need it again now for at least two years now. Couldn't be happier.
Which filler do you prefer between Restylane and Perlane? I had Restylane done for the first time 9 months ago and again yesterday. The nurse mentioned Perlane and said that she was using it now. She said it lasts longer and they only charge $50.00 more for Perlane. I absolutely Love Restylane though, and I'm afraid f I try something else I won't like it as well. The possibility of it lasting longer is definitely making me consider it. I would love to hear from users of both and hopefully that will help me decide.
Hi LES232, Am considering restylane and would like to know your doc in Monroe, Could you email me...
I am SO unhappy with the money spent and the results. I used a plastic surgery center, but it did not ensure great results. My chin is lumpy! My nasio-whatever folds are LUMPY -- with a big wrinkle. I will admit that wrinkle is smaller, but the lumps are visible and you can feel them. I looked at my checkbook and I really wish that I had spent the money elsewhere. I've had great results with Botox . . . but I'll never use Perlane again. Oh, did I mention horrible bruising on the side with the lumps (no lumps on the other side) and blood ran down my neck during the procedure. I signed a waiver, so I was out of luck. I would urge anyone considering this to think twice. Or five times!
Perlane is made from some type of purified and processed bacteria? haven't had a cold in about 20-years. it was the worst cold that I can ever remember having in my life I take a lot of vitamins... At least the vitamins help you remember the cold you had SOME twenty years ago. Michael H. P.S. Thank you Sarah Gibson, I could not write any better to explain to this nice person Betty.
You should know that Restylane and Perlane are made from Hyaluronic Acid, a compound found naturally in the human body in your skin and joints. It is created in the laboratory in a process that does involve bacteria, but it is NOT bacteria. The bacteria that is used in the creation of Restylane is not a bacteria that causes colds. There is no bacteria in Restylane. Further more, most colds are caused by a virus. I would love to see where you read a study that proves that a person got a cold from Restylane. According to research studies, allergic reactions occur in about 1 in 3000 patients. I feel pretty confident that it is much more likely that you got a cold from the doctor, or from not washing your hands, or rubbing your eyes, or whatever, than an injection. When you have a procedure like that done you put your body under stress and are more likely to get things like colds and flu. I suggest you visit the Restylane website or call their 800 number and read a few studies for more information.