Tummy Tuck (5"7, 150lbs and 40 Years Old) - Not Too Sure Yet!!

I had my tt 12 days ago.  I am getting around...

I had my tt 12 days ago.  I am getting around much better now but still not back to work yet.  The first week it was really hard to get up and down from the couch or bed and to stand up straight .Im 5"7 and 150lbs and 40 years old.  I always had rolls of fat on my tummy aftter my kids.  Since my tummy tuck, I no longer have the rolls but I cantt fit into my jeans!!!!!  I "m still  as big aroundI    How do I know if I am still swollen or if  this is the new me???  My husband said he can see a difference but I'm not sure.  I thought I would be smaller.  Am I too inpatience.

Updated on Mar 19, 2009:

Its now 6 weeks today since my tt.  I'm feeling much better and now back to work after 3 weeks.  I still have some swelling, but it is feels great to be able to see my jeans getting looser on me.  I still have the pains and twiches in my tummy, and getting up and down is still a little tough.  But every day gets better.  The first week is the hardest and you think you will never recover or stand straight again!!!!!!  Having help is great, my kids are older so that was great and my husband was my "at home doctor".  He was awesome!!!!  through all of this.  I am so glad I did this, I may go back  after the summer and have some more lipo done(only had love handles done).  But will wait and see how  my workout  does first.  I started working out this week, but slowly.   So anyone that just had a tt, hang in there, it gets better and give it time.  At first I had all the feelings of why did i do this, and when i looked at my tummy i still looked big ,and then depressed because i didnt look the way i thought i would.  so anyone feeling like this ?????  Its normal to go through all these stages!!!!!!!!  it takes time and patiences (LOTS).

Photo Update

Hi there, did you ever get a revision or did your results improve? Im going through a similar situation and searching for people who either improved or had revisions so I can see what my options may be.
Good luck houston mine is 26 super nervous
Im excited and really nervous I'm sched for my tt march 26th I'm wondering how u all are looking and feeling by now how long, b4 I'll feel like my new me !:-) share pics
Cherry84, we're in the same boat. My surgery is scheduled for 5/10 and I'm nervous as heck. I'm trying to keep in mind that the surgery is similiar to a c-section(which I had ten years ago) and my body will heal the same. The thing is, I can't remember the pain associated with the c-section. :(
Hi all, Your stories have been so helpful and so scary. I have t/t surgery scheduled for April 8th. I can only take two weeks off from work, I have always been a fast healer from all other surgeries and very tolerant of pain, but I am so concerned that I will not be able to wear clothes by then due to swelling. I am in sales and have the capability to work from home but will need to be out and about after a couple weeks. I am scared to death of the scar and worried about my belly button. I seriously find myself in a panic attack thinking I can't do this. Then I get out of the shower and see my my sagging skin from weight loss and disgust myself! Ha! I have friends that have had the proceedure and do not regret it at all, and have alot of confidence in my doctor. I know I am just getting nervous. Thanks for any encouragement you can give!
Can you update us with some new photos. I would love to see how your incision has healed and if you have encountered any problems. Praying that you didn't though.
i had mines done on the 6th March i still have swelling above my stiches and i dont feel as if mt skin was pulled tight enough i hear people saying they couldnt walk straight after the operation but i could 3 days after not happy at all !
I think you look great. I'm only 3 weeks post-op (Tummy Tuck + Lipo) and my stomach looks terrible. I'm swollen, my scar is uneven, I still have a "pouch" and I have an awful infection at the bottom of the infection above the pubic bone which has led to an open area of about 3 inches that is splitting. I'm so frustrated. My DR has me putting a saline wrap on it every day 2/3 times a day. I'm still wearing my garments and following all his orders to a "t". It's really hard to see the silver lining right now. I'm becoming very depressed with the results thus far.
I am 2 weeks PO. I hope my swelling decreases like urs did by 5 weeks. You look great. I also notice a very big difference.
chazzypink Its only early yet, at 12 days when i signed on here I was really depressed because i was swollen so bad, I still have swelling now!!!! You will have all kinds of emotions for a while, some days feeling really down , then the next day feel great, its a lot of ups and downs, I still have them...:( just dont last as long.so dont be to hard on yourself..it does get better. do you have a front view pic that we can see?
Nicole, We are patiently waiting for pictures of you in your new bathing suit!! Hope you had a great trip to Ohio. Can you believe I will be 6 weeks post-op in a few days? UNBELIEVABLE how the time flies by...I will start light exercises this week!
Hey Nicole, have you worked out at all? I'm busting to do some ab work, although I know it's too soon (only 5 weeks for me at this point). I feel like my scar is getting more red at this stage. I also feel like my skin is starting to get a little "give" to it again. Found myself bloated the other day for the first time. It freaked me out because I feel like I don't want to have done all of this in vain. Are you paranoid at all too? Are you watching your diet? Hope all is well! Your new picture looks really great.
Wow, Nicole, I love the 9 week photos!!! As you said, the scar doesn't look too different from 6 weeks but I can definitely see the difference in the swelling. You look great!! Hope you are having a good time in Ohio.
I work out on the elipical trainer for 30 min most every mornings b4 work. As for ab exercises....just a few crunches, cant feel as if i can do them yet, it still has pulling and tighting in my tummy. Am I paranoid......oh yes, constantly, looking at my tummy, different angles, taking pics on digital camera and then comparing...I do it all!!!!!! I Know that I look better, but I still feel I have to much skin down the center of my stomach, still rounded. My tummy isnt "caved in" its still caves out....know what I mean. I am watching my diet, but......sometimes I dont do so good. Overall I am happier but could still be much happier. how about you...any new pics. How are you doing?
hey queen of to Ohio in the morning(friday), see how comfortable I am in my swimsuit for the first time since my tt!!!! Talk to everyone when I get back......have a great weekend and take care.
Hi all i had mines done the 6th march its now April the 4th my swelling is going down a bit went to the docs last week he drained 4 syringes of fluid from me said it was a seromaa but i feel more rounder now above my waist than i did before its all puffy round my midrift how long will this take to all die down
BaBegrl, sorry that you are having such issues. I think we have all had our share... lets face it, this is not an easy procedure by any standard! I had the middle of my stomach muscles sewn, and have not experienced the indentation, although maybe it was another method, as I have never heard of Avelar before. The only advice I would have at this point, is to maybe get a second opinion... just to make sure that your dr. is doing right by you. Good luck and keep us posted!
Hey ladies, I am new to the site, but I too am scared that my ps didn't take off enough. I had my surgery on 2/23. I hope it is just swelling. I'm still wearing my surgery binder w/foam insert on the left side. The left side is more swollen than right. If I have to have more lipo, I pray that he won't over charge me. I also have this indentation down the front of my abs. I don't know whether that is from. I appreciate any feedback. Will post pics, BaBe'grl
Nicole, not only is your scar low but it seems nice and thin. Awesome!
Anxiety is mounting, surgery is imminent on March 26th. Full Tummy Tuck to remove loose, sagging skin from below breasts to above mons. Really concerned about excess skin on pubis, navel placement & 'dog ears'. Input from anyone who shared these concerns is appreciated!
hey u must be excited!!! make sure u take lots of pics before and after. your pubis will be swollen after, mine was for about 4 weeks, my naval looked awful at first, never thought it would look normal again, but it looks great now. Dog ears...there a little but its still healing, so not to sure about that. Look at my last pic, of my scar. make sure your scar is low as well. anyways good luck and take care. make sure you post on here after and let us know how u are doing?
Thanks for the advice, Nicole! I'm home from my procedure and will start a new post!!!
hey, when you are up to it take some pics. But right now take it easy and relax, just because you feel ok right now you have lots of healing ahead of you and pain pills can make you feel like you can do alot more than you should. take care.
Hey Nicole, posted my pics. Under my review, which was "Glad that I didn't let my fear get in the way of my dream".