Tummy Tuck (5"7, 150lbs and 40 Years Old) - Not Too Sure Yet!!

I had my tt 12 days ago.  I am getting around...

I had my tt 12 days ago.  I am getting around much better now but still not back to work yet.  The first week it was really hard to get up and down from the couch or bed and to stand up straight .Im 5"7 and 150lbs and 40 years old.  I always had rolls of fat on my tummy aftter my kids.  Since my tummy tuck, I no longer have the rolls but I cantt fit into my jeans!!!!!  I "m still  as big aroundI    How do I know if I am still swollen or if  this is the new me???  My husband said he can see a difference but I'm not sure.  I thought I would be smaller.  Am I too inpatience.

Updated on Mar 19, 2009:

Its now 6 weeks today since my tt.  I'm feeling much better and now back to work after 3 weeks.  I still have some swelling, but it is feels great to be able to see my jeans getting looser on me.  I still have the pains and twiches in my tummy, and getting up and down is still a little tough.  But every day gets better.  The first week is the hardest and you think you will never recover or stand straight again!!!!!!  Having help is great, my kids are older so that was great and my husband was my "at home doctor".  He was awesome!!!!  through all of this.  I am so glad I did this, I may go back  after the summer and have some more lipo done(only had love handles done).  But will wait and see how  my workout  does first.  I started working out this week, but slowly.   So anyone that just had a tt, hang in there, it gets better and give it time.  At first I had all the feelings of why did i do this, and when i looked at my tummy i still looked big ,and then depressed because i didnt look the way i thought i would.  so anyone feeling like this ?????  Its normal to go through all these stages!!!!!!!!  it takes time and patiences (LOTS).

I am 2 weeks PO. I hope my swelling decreases like urs did by 5 weeks. You look great. I also notice a very big difference.
chazzypink Its only early yet, at 12 days when i signed on here I was really depressed because i was swollen so bad, I still have swelling now!!!! You will have all kinds of emotions for a while, some days feeling really down , then the next day feel great, its a lot of ups and downs, I still have them...:( just dont last as long.so dont be to hard on yourself..it does get better. do you have a front view pic that we can see?
Nicole, We are patiently waiting for pictures of you in your new bathing suit!! Hope you had a great trip to Ohio. Can you believe I will be 6 weeks post-op in a few days? UNBELIEVABLE how the time flies by...I will start light exercises this week!

Photo Update

Hi there, did you ever get a revision or did your results improve? Im going through a similar situation and searching for people who either improved or had revisions so I can see what my options may be.
Good luck houston mine is 26 super nervous
Im excited and really nervous I'm sched for my tt march 26th I'm wondering how u all are looking and feeling by now how long, b4 I'll feel like my new me !:-) share pics