27 y/o female- invisalign, composite bonding and zoom whitening

I am expecting that by the end of my invisalign...

I am expecting that by the end of my invisalign treatment (expected to be 17 months plus refinements) I will have a Hollywood smile. I will also be getting veneers at the end on my two front top teeth as these were chipped quite bad when I was younger and the caps need to be replaced. Please also note I have never had braces before. This is something I have decided to do to improve my appearance and my oral health. As I am an adult I have chosen to go for invisalign as they are a lot less noticeable than traditional braces. At this point I have had my trays on (no attachments) for a week and so far I have found that my teeth are still a bit sensitive when biting harder foods, and my gums are a bit sore from constantly brushing and flossing, but nothing too unbearable. The only thing that is really annoying is trying to stick to only having them out 2 hours a day which includes eating and brushing/ flossing and im also missing snacking and green tea. But all in all i think it will be worth it in the end and You really can't notice these ones at the moment, but end of January I will be getting 17 attachments and bands which I am dreading. I am going to ask about acceledent which is meant to reduce your treatment time by 30-50%. Which would possibly mean that I could be done with my initial invisalign in like 9 months, which would be amazing! If anyone has used it in Australia could you please let me know how much it cost and how you found it? Pretty please. Well that's it for this first review, if anyone has any questions please comment below and I will do my best to answer them.

1st trays update

I just thought I would update on what I've found so far.. I am clenching my teeth at night and this makes me back teeth sore in the morning, does anyone else do this since getting their trays? I have been really lucky, my speech is fine (so far). Definately going to speak to my ortho about exceledent, I'm too impatient! I've now had my trays in for nearly two weeks and biting toast is still a bit sore. It's really important to clean the trays, I do this at least twice a day with vinegar and water. Biggest con- I can't wear lipstick as it gets in my trays, and I love my bright colours! All in all though I am happy with my decision and actually am looking forward to getting my attachments and bands as this means stuff will happen quicker.

2nd trays first day

Last night I put in my 2nd trays which weren't too painful except for the sharp edges which i filed down,but still I popped a couple of nurofen and went to bed.

I also compared the discoloration of my last trays to the new ones and although they didn't seem too bad, when side by side I could see the difference. I think I'm going to try retainer brite (off amazon) and maybe get a cheap sonic cleaner as I want to keep them as sparkly and hygenic as I can.

Still really struggling with wearing them 22/24 hours a day. I am a big eater who enjoys food and a good chat over meals and am a very thorough brusher and flosser (this alone can take me bout 20 mins!) and even though I go fast as I can, I always end up leaving them out for too long which makes me worry that I'm going to take even longer with my treatment time. Also find at times I try not to have any snacks as I can't be bothered doing the whole routine for a quick cup of tea.

I also emailed my orthodontic surgery to ask about the cost of acceledent (which I have yet to hear back from) and finally received my clincheck video, however like snowyT it is only a short, quick view which makes it difficult to tell which teeth are going to start shifting first.

Invisalign-not so invisible anymore

Hi!
So yesterday i got tray 3 put on and I got my 18 attachments and bands (with buttons). First impression- I wanted to cry! I feel like they are so noticeable and I can't even smile with my mouth shut because the buttons and attachments on my canines poke through! If that wasn't bad enough, my teeth are so sore and it is so difficult to get the aligners off and hurts to even just brush my teeth. To further add to my joy I also received more IPR yesterday as well as polishing between my teeth with a small grinder device which was not pleasant at all.
The attachments themselves scrape along the inside of my mouth and even the rubber bands are cutting into my cheeks.
I discussed acceledent at my appointment and although pricey ($1500 in one upfront payment) i am going to hopefully get it soon as i will be done with my initial treatment in 8 months instead of 16! at this point it also looks as though my refinements will mainly end up being done on my bottom teeth because it looks like i will have small gaps between a couple (the dreaded black triangles) and i am not a fan of that at all.
I will finish this post by saying
Although its uncomfortable I still think in the end it will all be worth it, beauty is pain after all.
Also I haven't included any pics but I will put some up over the next few days.

Pics! Tray 3

Not the most glamorous! But you get the idea!!

Tray 5

Put in tray 5 last night and what is feeling really weird to me is that my bands seem to be really pushing up against my cheeks. I know its too soon for any major movement but it also looks as though my midline has changed noticeably. I'm not due to see my ortho till April so I'm hoping everything is progressing as it should.
I should be getting my acceledent by about may which means hopefully I will be done with my initial treatment by beginning of December which will be amazing! Also does anyone know if you can postpone refinements for a little while (maybe a month) maybe just wear trays with no attachments and then start refinements?

Flossing

I've been reading reviews on water and air flossers and I was curious if anyone on here uses them? If so which one? And do you think its sufficient to replace string floss? I really struggle to floss the teeth at the back of my mouth and it also takes me forever, which means my brushing/flossing routine takes about 30 mins which is waaaay too long! Also do you brush first or floss first?
Thanks everyone!!

Tray 6

Just finished week one of tray 6 and I think my teeth are moving but its still hard to tell. My teeth are a bit sore but nothing unbearable. The only thing that concerns me is that my front four top teeth seem to not be sitting in my tray as snug as the rest of my teeth (they also looked like this with my last tray) as in I have that clear gap between my teeth and the tray. I have used my chewies to push it tighter but it doesnt seem to make any difference. My concern with that is that those teeth are not shifting as they are supposed to and as I am not due back to my orthodontist till next month I'm not sure if its a sign that I should be wearing the trays for three weeks each instead? Other than that all is well. I am going to go to the dentist for a clean soon to make sure that I am brushing properly and haven't developed any cavities.

Pic with tray 6 in

Orthodontic summary

After reading other people's reviews on here I realized that I never really properly mentioned what the issues were with my teeth and what my orthodontists goals are for my teeth.

If anyone is interested here it is:

Summary of facial features:
facial profile is balanced
The nose-lip angle is less than normal (if anyone knows what this means, please let me know)
Decreased facial height
Lower jaw is deviated to the facial left

Summary of dental findings:
Overbite- vertical overlap of the upper and lower front teeth is increased
Overjet- upper front teeth protrude approx 6mm ahead of the lower front teeth
Moderate crowding in the upper arch and mild crowding in the lower arch
Lower front teeth are 1mm right of the centre

Jaw joint history suggests normal function

Objectives of treatment:
Expand the upper arch and broaden the smile
Correct crowding
And it's not written but I'm guessing attempt to correct my overbite/ overjet

I should also mention that I have all my teeth including my 4 wisdom teeth.

So I hope for anyone interested or that has similar problems this has been helpful in some kind of way.

I have attached pics that the orthodontist has taken- please note my teeth look really yellow in these! This is not how they look at all in real life! (Sorry just had to let you all know!)

I will try get my fiancé to take some pics of my teeth now to see if there has been any noticeable change- if so I will attach them as well

Ortho visit tray 6

Just got back from a quick checkup with my ortho in regards to my top 3 front teeth and thought I'd update while its fresh in my mind!

Ok first things first, my two top incisors are not moving as they should be! I suspected this, but its sad to know its true! But on a good note the rest of my teeth are on track!

They said to keep wearing my trays as normal (2 weeks each) use the chewies as much as possible and see how they go. If they get worse with the next tray I will need to contact them again!

I also asked where my teeth would be at by the end of this year (when I'm getting married) and they said with acceledent (as long as i get it asap) I should be done with the initial treatment by then and then I can get my attachments off, veneers on my two top front teeth and whiten my teeth all in time for my big day. I would just have to wear retainers all the time to ensure my teeth dont shift!
and then a few weeks later do refinements and possibly put attachments back on.

Initial treatment for my bottom teeth should be complete at tray 25 and my top at tray 30 (apparently I have 30 trays not 33, the three extra are just in case I need them) is it weird that this excites me?

If I don't get acceledent in time though, my teeth will look terrible (much worse than before I started invisalign!) with gaps everywhere!! This terrifies me so I'm hoping I can get my acceledent in time!

Well that's all for now! I'm off to chew my chewies and hopefully bully my incisors into line.

Acceledent is getting closer!

So this Friday I will be getting my acceledent!!! And if I have calculated right my initial treatment should be done in about six months!!

The gaps though in my tray for those three top teeth are not getting better at all, no matter how much I use the chewies!! I fear they may need to put attachments on those teeth as well, as I can't see any way they are gonna budge without the added pressure!

I will post an update on Friday after I have seen the orthodontist again!!!

Acceledent FINALLY!!! And general teeth update

Today I picked up my acceledent aura! It cost me $1500 and I got it direct from my orthodontist and they registered my warranty for me online right there.

They explained usage and cleaning instructions to me. I take out my elastics when using the device and I will need to use it for 20mins a day! They told me that it doesn't need to be at the same time everyday but at least 12 hours between uses. I have been directed to wear my next trays (number 8 which I change tomorrow night) for two weeks and then wear trays 9 for 10 days and then after that each set of trays can be changed weekly. These are the directions they give all their patients so that your teeth can adjust to the quicker movement gradually. The mouthpeice i was fitted with was a small flat and a small deep, but even though I have a deep bite the flat felt better so that's the one we went with.

I also had them look at my teeth that aren't sitting in my top trays properly, and they said they are moving about 98% so they aren't too concerned at the moment, but would monitor it at my next appointment (two weeks time). they also mentioned that the acceledent could possibly assist those teeth in moving along and they did more IPR between those teeth and told me to continue to use the chewies a lot.

So in conjunction with the acceledent I worked out that my initial treatment from now should be approx 24 weeks, complete by the end of September. The hygienist worked it out that I wouldn't even be finished by end of November, she said I'd be at tray 25, but if everything tracks as it should i don't see how that works out, so I'm saying (hopefully by my wedding end of November) my initial treatment should definately be complete! :D

I'll update again once I've used the acceledent for the first time!

Trays 21

Hi everyone!
Sorry I have been AWOL for a while. I have been super busy planning my wedding and working!
So up until now everything was moving along fine (except those two top incisors!) I have been changing my trays every week (I love acceledent) and wasn't really experiencing anything above the normal.
But...that all changed after my ortho appointment two days ago.
Firstly if you have read my previous updates you would know since pretty much the beginning of my treatment I have had trouble with my top two incisors not moving down vertically. I mentioned this at every one of my checkups and was always told the same thing, we will wait and see how they go, its not a concern. Even though I told them numerous times that I am getting married end of November!!!
Well now because they waited so long to do anything I found out that I will need to have lingual braces applied to my top teeth so that we can "speed to the finish line" annoyed does not even begin to explain how I feel as this could of been avoided if a mid course correction was done months ago like I asked! But no use complaining I guess as it is what it is.
So in six weeks I will have lingual braces which I hope will be done in time for my veneers and whitening to be done as well (I will find this out next week when i see my dentist. Watch this space) I also have to wear my bands on both sides again and have been given stronger ones (foxes) and am in sooo much pain atm.
So my questions are, do I have to pay extra for the lingual braces? Are lingual braces the ones BEHIND your teeth? And has anyone else had to switch to different braces during their treatment?
On a positive note my bottom teeth are nearly completely finished yay!!
See pics attached of progress so far...

Dentist visit

Two days ago I went to the dentist for a clean and a checkup and to talk about my treatment involving the veneers.
Before my dentist appointment I called my ortho surgery to find out a bit more about my lingual braces so that I knew that I could provide my dentist with the correct information. In my plan it has been decided that I will have lingual braces on my top arch for a short amount of time to try and get as much movement from my incisors as possible before my wedding. The lingual braces will come off before my wedding as well as all attachments on my teeth and refinements will be happening once I return from my honeymoon. And (thank God) the lingual braces are no extra charge to me! Phew! Basically it is something they are doing to help me achieve the desired effect I want before the wedding.
On to the dentist.. Porcelain veneers will not be applied probably until full invisalign treatment is over. My dentist wants to wait and see exactly how all my teeth look before doing something expensive and pretty much permanent. He explained that he will most likely use a bonding material to smooth out and shape the teeth without shaving my natural teeth at all. He assures me this will look natural and really good (here's crossing my fingers) and says it will last a long time and can remain until we decide to do the porcelain veneers. He also wants to hold off on the porcelain veneers because he said it can sometimes take a few visits to get them right and he doesn't know if the timing will work. I said I am happy as long as something is done so that when my teeth are all whitened they all match perfectly, which he assures me they will. Also I am happy to say I have no cavities and no dental concerns as a result of wearing the invisalign. He was happy with my maintenance of my teeth and said that nerve sensitivity and sore gums are common when everything is moving around and that I have nothing to worry about. He is going to write a letter to my ortho to ensure that they are on the same page with everything and the timing is right for everything to go ahead smoothly. Overall i feel a bit more settled after my dentist appointment.
So the plan now is that the lingual braces will be put on on the 8th September.
I will update then, unless something major happens in the meantime.
Thanks for reading and wish me luck!

Braces for top arch

I found out more disappointing news last week and that is that instead of lingual braces on my top arch my orthodontist has decided that we need to put proper braces on the front of my top arch. Not happy!!!
This is so that there is as much movement as possible before my wedding to allow the composite bonding and whitening to be completed in time by my dentist. So all in all I will be wearing clear braces on my top arch for 8 weeks, then use whitening trays for a week at home, have zoom whitening done by my dentist, then whiten at home for another week and then have my composite bonding done a week before my wedding.
I have noticed though that the last few trays have really not been working on my top four front teeth so I guess braces will be the quickest way to move them but I am still annoyed that I have to wear them at all! Again the braces are no extra charge to me. Just something that my ortho is doing to help hurry my teeth along so at least they will be pretty good for my wedding. Refinements will start once I return from my honeymoon, but after wearing invisalign for quite a while I am determined to make my teeth the best they can be and will wear invisalign for as long as it takes to get them there.
I also forgot to mention that apparently one of my lip muscles is stronger than the other. I discovered this when I asked my dentist why when I smile a bit more gum is visible on one side compared to the other as I thought my gum was crooked. He assured me gum line is straight but due to one muscle being stronger than the other it appears that way to me. The only way to fix this is apparently with a small amount of Botox. Even though I feel self conscious of it I have decided that I am imperfectly perfect lol and so will not be having anything injected into my lips! My question though is, is there anything I can do to strengthen the muscle myself?
Thanks for reading!
I will update on Monday once my braces are attached.
P.s. I am now on trays 26!

Invisalign on pause and bonding

Hi everyone!
So after all the back and forth decisions from my ortho, when I went in for my last appointment where I was bracing myself for braces (teehee!) I got the surprise of my life when I was told that everything would be coming off (attachments, bands etc) that day and Instead i would be having some bonding done by my dentist in time for my wedding and they would be pausing my invisalign treatment until after my honeymoon!
This was decided because they think that if my four top front teeth move vertically down like they were supposed to I will end up with a bit of a gummy smile (with too much top gum showing when I smile).
So for now I am wearing a retainer pretty much all day (same as invisalign) that was made by my ortho and I have had two trips to the dentist for bonding. The first trip he removed the old bonding from both my top front teeth and redid them (a bit lighter because I am having my teeth whitened) the second trip this morning he needed to even them up a little bit and he filled in the corners of my two smaller teeth (either side of my top front teeth) and now I will see what I think and go back in a week in case there is anything I want changed!
Its hard at the moment because my teeth have not finished their movement so we can't make my teeth too perfect otherwise they may look different after my invisalign refinements.
However, after whitening if any more bonding is needed it will be done then!
Enjoy the pics and feedback is very welcome!!!!
Dr grant duncan/ smile centre

Overall I have been happy! The only thing that's a bit annoying is that my dr doesn't really oversee my whole treatment. When I went in for my first two sets of trays, I would of thought that he would of been there at least for that appointment but he wasn't. I should also mention that I chose to go to dr duncan as he is an elite provider and has many years of experience. He is a bit more expensive but when its my teeth I want the best results possible. The surgery is great though! They will book me in at the drop of a hat if I have any immediate concerns and even send bands in the post when I run out!