26 y/o female- invisalign with attachments and bands start to finish

I am expecting that by the end of my invisalign...

I am expecting that by the end of my invisalign treatment (expected to be 17 months plus refinements) I will have a Hollywood smile. I will also be getting veneers at the end on my two front top teeth as these were chipped quite bad when I was younger and the caps need to be replaced. Please also note I have never had braces before. This is something I have decided to do to improve my appearance and my oral health. As I am an adult I have chosen to go for invisalign as they are a lot less noticeable than traditional braces. At this point I have had my trays on (no attachments) for a week and so far I have found that my teeth are still a bit sensitive when biting harder foods, and my gums are a bit sore from constantly brushing and flossing, but nothing too unbearable. The only thing that is really annoying is trying to stick to only having them out 2 hours a day which includes eating and brushing/ flossing and im also missing snacking and green tea. But all in all i think it will be worth it in the end and You really can't notice these ones at the moment, but end of January I will be getting 17 attachments and bands which I am dreading. I am going to ask about acceledent which is meant to reduce your treatment time by 30-50%. Which would possibly mean that I could be done with my initial invisalign in like 9 months, which would be amazing! If anyone has used it in Australia could you please let me know how much it cost and how you found it? Pretty please. Well that's it for this first review, if anyone has any questions please comment below and I will do my best to answer them.

1st trays update

I just thought I would update on what I've found so far.. I am clenching my teeth at night and this makes me back teeth sore in the morning, does anyone else do this since getting their trays? I have been really lucky, my speech is fine (so far). Definately going to speak to my ortho about exceledent, I'm too impatient! I've now had my trays in for nearly two weeks and biting toast is still a bit sore. It's really important to clean the trays, I do this at least twice a day with vinegar and water. Biggest con- I can't wear lipstick as it gets in my trays, and I love my bright colours! All in all though I am happy with my decision and actually am looking forward to getting my attachments and bands as this means stuff will happen quicker.

2nd trays first day

Last night I put in my 2nd trays which weren't too painful except for the sharp edges which i filed down,but still I popped a couple of nurofen and went to bed.

I also compared the discoloration of my last trays to the new ones and although they didn't seem too bad, when side by side I could see the difference. I think I'm going to try retainer brite (off amazon) and maybe get a cheap sonic cleaner as I want to keep them as sparkly and hygenic as I can.

Still really struggling with wearing them 22/24 hours a day. I am a big eater who enjoys food and a good chat over meals and am a very thorough brusher and flosser (this alone can take me bout 20 mins!) and even though I go fast as I can, I always end up leaving them out for too long which makes me worry that I'm going to take even longer with my treatment time. Also find at times I try not to have any snacks as I can't be bothered doing the whole routine for a quick cup of tea.

I also emailed my orthodontic surgery to ask about the cost of acceledent (which I have yet to hear back from) and finally received my clincheck video, however like snowyT it is only a short, quick view which makes it difficult to tell which teeth are going to start shifting first.

Invisalign-not so invisible anymore

Hi!
So yesterday i got tray 3 put on and I got my 18 attachments and bands (with buttons). First impression- I wanted to cry! I feel like they are so noticeable and I can't even smile with my mouth shut because the buttons and attachments on my canines poke through! If that wasn't bad enough, my teeth are so sore and it is so difficult to get the aligners off and hurts to even just brush my teeth. To further add to my joy I also received more IPR yesterday as well as polishing between my teeth with a small grinder device which was not pleasant at all.
The attachments themselves scrape along the inside of my mouth and even the rubber bands are cutting into my cheeks.
I discussed acceledent at my appointment and although pricey ($1500 in one upfront payment) i am going to hopefully get it soon as i will be done with my initial treatment in 8 months instead of 16! at this point it also looks as though my refinements will mainly end up being done on my bottom teeth because it looks like i will have small gaps between a couple (the dreaded black triangles) and i am not a fan of that at all.
I will finish this post by saying
Although its uncomfortable I still think in the end it will all be worth it, beauty is pain after all.
Also I haven't included any pics but I will put some up over the next few days.

Pics! Tray 3

Not the most glamorous! But you get the idea!!

Tray 5

Put in tray 5 last night and what is feeling really weird to me is that my bands seem to be really pushing up against my cheeks. I know its too soon for any major movement but it also looks as though my midline has changed noticeably. I'm not due to see my ortho till April so I'm hoping everything is progressing as it should.
I should be getting my acceledent by about may which means hopefully I will be done with my initial treatment by beginning of December which will be amazing! Also does anyone know if you can postpone refinements for a little while (maybe a month) maybe just wear trays with no attachments and then start refinements?

Flossing

I've been reading reviews on water and air flossers and I was curious if anyone on here uses them? If so which one? And do you think its sufficient to replace string floss? I really struggle to floss the teeth at the back of my mouth and it also takes me forever, which means my brushing/flossing routine takes about 30 mins which is waaaay too long! Also do you brush first or floss first?
Thanks everyone!!

Tray 6

Just finished week one of tray 6 and I think my teeth are moving but its still hard to tell. My teeth are a bit sore but nothing unbearable. The only thing that concerns me is that my front four top teeth seem to not be sitting in my tray as snug as the rest of my teeth (they also looked like this with my last tray) as in I have that clear gap between my teeth and the tray. I have used my chewies to push it tighter but it doesnt seem to make any difference. My concern with that is that those teeth are not shifting as they are supposed to and as I am not due back to my orthodontist till next month I'm not sure if its a sign that I should be wearing the trays for three weeks each instead? Other than that all is well. I am going to go to the dentist for a clean soon to make sure that I am brushing properly and haven't developed any cavities.

Pic with tray 6 in

Orthodontic summary

After reading other people's reviews on here I realized that I never really properly mentioned what the issues were with my teeth and what my orthodontists goals are for my teeth.

If anyone is interested here it is:

Summary of facial features:
facial profile is balanced
The nose-lip angle is less than normal (if anyone knows what this means, please let me know)
Decreased facial height
Lower jaw is deviated to the facial left

Summary of dental findings:
Overbite- vertical overlap of the upper and lower front teeth is increased
Overjet- upper front teeth protrude approx 6mm ahead of the lower front teeth
Moderate crowding in the upper arch and mild crowding in the lower arch
Lower front teeth are 1mm right of the centre

Jaw joint history suggests normal function

Objectives of treatment:
Expand the upper arch and broaden the smile
Correct crowding
And it's not written but I'm guessing attempt to correct my overbite/ overjet

I should also mention that I have all my teeth including my 4 wisdom teeth.

So I hope for anyone interested or that has similar problems this has been helpful in some kind of way.

I have attached pics that the orthodontist has taken- please note my teeth look really yellow in these! This is not how they look at all in real life! (Sorry just had to let you all know!)

I will try get my fiancé to take some pics of my teeth now to see if there has been any noticeable change- if so I will attach them as well

Ortho visit tray 6

Just got back from a quick checkup with my ortho in regards to my top 3 front teeth and thought I'd update while its fresh in my mind!

Ok first things first, my two top incisors are not moving as they should be! I suspected this, but its sad to know its true! But on a good note the rest of my teeth are on track!

They said to keep wearing my trays as normal (2 weeks each) use the chewies as much as possible and see how they go. If they get worse with the next tray I will need to contact them again!

I also asked where my teeth would be at by the end of this year (when I'm getting married) and they said with acceledent (as long as i get it asap) I should be done with the initial treatment by then and then I can get my attachments off, veneers on my two top front teeth and whiten my teeth all in time for my big day. I would just have to wear retainers all the time to ensure my teeth dont shift!
and then a few weeks later do refinements and possibly put attachments back on.

Initial treatment for my bottom teeth should be complete at tray 25 and my top at tray 30 (apparently I have 30 trays not 33, the three extra are just in case I need them) is it weird that this excites me?

If I don't get acceledent in time though, my teeth will look terrible (much worse than before I started invisalign!) with gaps everywhere!! This terrifies me so I'm hoping I can get my acceledent in time!

Well that's all for now! I'm off to chew my chewies and hopefully bully my incisors into line.

Acceledent is getting closer!

So this Friday I will be getting my acceledent!!! And if I have calculated right my initial treatment should be done in about six months!!

The gaps though in my tray for those three top teeth are not getting better at all, no matter how much I use the chewies!! I fear they may need to put attachments on those teeth as well, as I can't see any way they are gonna budge without the added pressure!

I will post an update on Friday after I have seen the orthodontist again!!!

Acceledent FINALLY!!! And general teeth update

Today I picked up my acceledent aura! It cost me $1500 and I got it direct from my orthodontist and they registered my warranty for me online right there.

They explained usage and cleaning instructions to me. I take out my elastics when using the device and I will need to use it for 20mins a day! They told me that it doesn't need to be at the same time everyday but at least 12 hours between uses. I have been directed to wear my next trays (number 8 which I change tomorrow night) for two weeks and then wear trays 9 for 10 days and then after that each set of trays can be changed weekly. These are the directions they give all their patients so that your teeth can adjust to the quicker movement gradually. The mouthpeice i was fitted with was a small flat and a small deep, but even though I have a deep bite the flat felt better so that's the one we went with.

I also had them look at my teeth that aren't sitting in my top trays properly, and they said they are moving about 98% so they aren't too concerned at the moment, but would monitor it at my next appointment (two weeks time). they also mentioned that the acceledent could possibly assist those teeth in moving along and they did more IPR between those teeth and told me to continue to use the chewies a lot.

So in conjunction with the acceledent I worked out that my initial treatment from now should be approx 24 weeks, complete by the end of September. The hygienist worked it out that I wouldn't even be finished by end of November, she said I'd be at tray 25, but if everything tracks as it should i don't see how that works out, so I'm saying (hopefully by my wedding end of November) my initial treatment should definately be complete! :D

I'll update again once I've used the acceledent for the first time!

Trays 21

Hi everyone!
Sorry I have been AWOL for a while. I have been super busy planning my wedding and working!
So up until now everything was moving along fine (except those two top incisors!) I have been changing my trays every week (I love acceledent) and wasn't really experiencing anything above the normal.
But...that all changed after my ortho appointment two days ago.
Firstly if you have read my previous updates you would know since pretty much the beginning of my treatment I have had trouble with my top two incisors not moving down vertically. I mentioned this at every one of my checkups and was always told the same thing, we will wait and see how they go, its not a concern. Even though I told them numerous times that I am getting married end of November!!!
Well now because they waited so long to do anything I found out that I will need to have lingual braces applied to my top teeth so that we can "speed to the finish line" annoyed does not even begin to explain how I feel as this could of been avoided if a mid course correction was done months ago like I asked! But no use complaining I guess as it is what it is.
So in six weeks I will have lingual braces which I hope will be done in time for my veneers and whitening to be done as well (I will find this out next week when i see my dentist. Watch this space) I also have to wear my bands on both sides again and have been given stronger ones (foxes) and am in sooo much pain atm.
So my questions are, do I have to pay extra for the lingual braces? Are lingual braces the ones BEHIND your teeth? And has anyone else had to switch to different braces during their treatment?
On a positive note my bottom teeth are nearly completely finished yay!!
See pics attached of progress so far...
Dr grant duncan/ smile centre

Overall I have been happy! The only thing that's a bit annoying is that my dr doesn't really oversee my whole treatment. When I went in for my first two sets of trays, I would of thought that he would of been there at least for that appointment but he wasn't. I should also mention that I chose to go to dr duncan as he is an elite provider and has many years of experience. He is a bit more expensive but when its my teeth I want the best results possible. The surgery is great though! They will book me in at the drop of a hat if I have any immediate concerns and even send bands in the post when I run out!

Welcome back!!!!!  And thank you for updating us!

Hopefully you will get answers from others on your questions, but here are the things that I can answer for you.

YES!  The lingual braces are the ones that go behind the teeth.  So they wouldn't mess up your photos even if you had them in.  Also, you may get great results with pure whitening and not need the veneers.  Technically, most doctors will agree the less intervention, the better!

Whether you have to pay extra for the lingual braces depends entirely upon whether your doctor feels he owes you something.  I'd ask him whether that's expected.  I would have assumed that they weren't going to make me pay, if they'd thrown it into the conversation that way, but definitely find that out.  They tend to be expensive otherwise, like Invisalign.  We do have some lingual braces reviews here on RealSelf, if you'd like to take a look around :).
Thanks so much. The veneers are not for purely cosmetic reasons. I chipped my two front top teeth quite badly (exposed the nerve) when I was quite young and need to have the "caps" replaced and my dentist suggested veneers as you can't tell the difference between the cap and tooth that way. Phew! I was worried they would be the visible train track type lol. I'm pretty sure I am just wearing them up until my wedding and then taking everything off and doing refinements with invisalign when I get back from my honeymoon. (Well that's what I assume he meant). The lingual braces are just to hurry the teeth up for the wedding so that they don't look weird. I don't think I will be charged because he said ok we will put them on in six weeks then and didn't mention cost or anything just asked if I would be willing to have them but I will definately scuse my language, crack the shits if they try to make me pay!!!
LOL!  I've never heard that turn of phrase before :D.

I assume when you say the teeth were capped that you're talking about some kind of bonding?  When we say capped here, I automatically think crowns, but that's even more invasive than veneers, so I'm assuming that's not what you're talking about.  If you can do veneers instead of crowns, that's less invasive so that's nice.  And they look really beautiful when they're well-done!
Yes bonding is what I meant. Definately don't have any crowns (touch wood) the bonding after a few years is quite noticeable which is why my dentist suggested veneers instead of re doing the bonding. Definately can't wait till its all done and I can go back to my snacking!
You mentioned that you've noticed a gap between your tray and the top of your teeth at the front , I had exactly the same ! I had it on my 4th set . I saw my ortho with this set in and he told me to push them on as tight as possible , but seriously there is only so far they will go lol ! I'm now on my 5th tray and these fit perfect !! So weird ?? I just don't know how they can work to their full potential if they don't fit properly . I'm hoping none of my other trays are the same.
I have had this since tray 4 and im now on tray 9 and i am still having this problem and my ortho doesn't seem that concerned but I think there is definately something wrong..
Does this not at all improve during the course of the week?
No it doesn't, it hasn't improved at all, even with the acceledent. I almost feel as though I should have attachments on those teeth to help them move. And the fact that they have been like this for the last 5 trays to me is cause for concern.
Have you mentioned specifically the desire to have attachments placed on them?  It'd require a mid-course correction, but it should be included in your Invisalign price.  There is also something called a power ridge which might be helpful.  Unfortunately, customers can't easily contact Invisalign directly, but if your doctor won't work with you, you could try asking the doctors here in the Q&A forum.  Or you could try getting a consultation from another Orthodontist.  Things can go awry with Invisalign treatment, and I'm not saying it's happening with you--it could just be that your current occlusions don't allow a proper seat--but it's worth making certain.  Working well with your doctor is important.

Beautiful nails by the way!
Sorry i have had a blank, What is a power ridge? Yes I said to him that if needed I would prefer to have attachments put on now rather than the problem continue. Thank you I have put a question through on here to the doctors about it. I just feel really frustrated and annoyed because it seems like my ortho surgery isnt really listening to me. I think they dont want the hassle of a mid course correction, but i change to tray 10 on Monday night And the seating has not improved at all with using chewies and acceledent. sounding like a complete bridezilla, I am getting married end of nov and I really really want to be done with the initial treatment by then and will be really po'd if there is further work needed because they didn't listen to me in the first place. Grrrrr! Thanks for the nail compliment as well :)
There is nothing wrong with you feeling frustrated ! It's expensive and for you to be concerned like this needs to be addressed . Hopefully you'll get some good feedback from the dentists on here . I'll be interested to know what they say about the brace gap!
I agree with Katherine.  Also, here are a couple of pictures of Power Ridges:
Wow! I was surprised at the number of teeth you have! Can I ask why you haven't had your wisdom teeth pulled? Seems like you would have had much more room in your mouth.
I haven't really had any trouble with my wisdom teeth for a while so my dentist didn't see the need to remove them. However you make a good point! Probably wouldn't need as much IPR if they were out. My bottom wisdom teeth though have quite a bit of space to my other teeth (if that makes sense)
Yay!!!!  Congratulations!  Can wait to hear how it goes for you :D.
Nice to hear! I also had some good news, had appointment yesterday and got trays 20-24 which they told me i would be finished after 24 (i have 27) but won't need them :)
Awesome!! You must be so happy! I got told that for most patients they don't need the last three, they just have them in case but never use them, I've been told ill have 30 instead of 33! Yippee!! Do you think you will need refinements? And can I ask, did you have any set backs throughout your treatment or any teeth that didn't move as quick as they should of?
They don't seem to think i will need refinements but im still not 100% happy with my lower teeth and i have been on passive trays for my lowers since the 16th tray.... My top teeth arn't as perfect as i want them either but i still have another 4 so hopefully that will change... but nope, no real setbacks i have been very stringent about my wear time i can honestly say only about 4-5 times through my whole treatment i have had them out longer than 2 hours and the most would probably be about 3 so every tooth and tray has tracked perfectly.. no pain in any trays either which has been good!
Excited to hear you are getting Acceledent! I find it definitely helps seat the trays tighter, so hopefully it will help with the problem teeth? Looking forward to your update!
Good luck Friday!
Thank you! :)
Weird coincidence or Dr Duncan writes the exact same thing hahah "Summary of dental findings: Overbite- vertical overlap of the upper and lower front teeth is increased Overjet- upper front teeth protrude approx 4mm ahead of the lower front teeth Moderate crowding in the upper arch and mild crowding in the lower arch Lower front teeth are 1mm right of the centre" that was my dental findings from him.
Hmm?? I hope they really are my findings as well lol. Do you have the elastics as well then?
no elastics just 17 attachments.
but my summary findings for the other part is different as i just checked , it says " facial profile is convex, nose-lip angle is flatter than normal, upper lip length is short , exaggerated display of front teeth and gum tissue upon smililing ( which i though was weird as when i smiled back then you couldnt see my bottom teeth or much of my gums , balanced facial height