26 y/o female- invisalign with attachments and bands start to finish

I am expecting that by the end of my invisalign...

I am expecting that by the end of my invisalign treatment (expected to be 17 months plus refinements) I will have a Hollywood smile. I will also be getting veneers at the end on my two front top teeth as these were chipped quite bad when I was younger and the caps need to be replaced. Please also note I have never had braces before. This is something I have decided to do to improve my appearance and my oral health. As I am an adult I have chosen to go for invisalign as they are a lot less noticeable than traditional braces. At this point I have had my trays on (no attachments) for a week and so far I have found that my teeth are still a bit sensitive when biting harder foods, and my gums are a bit sore from constantly brushing and flossing, but nothing too unbearable. The only thing that is really annoying is trying to stick to only having them out 2 hours a day which includes eating and brushing/ flossing and im also missing snacking and green tea. But all in all i think it will be worth it in the end and You really can't notice these ones at the moment, but end of January I will be getting 17 attachments and bands which I am dreading. I am going to ask about acceledent which is meant to reduce your treatment time by 30-50%. Which would possibly mean that I could be done with my initial invisalign in like 9 months, which would be amazing! If anyone has used it in Australia could you please let me know how much it cost and how you found it? Pretty please. Well that's it for this first review, if anyone has any questions please comment below and I will do my best to answer them.

1st trays update

I just thought I would update on what I've found so far.. I am clenching my teeth at night and this makes me back teeth sore in the morning, does anyone else do this since getting their trays? I have been really lucky, my speech is fine (so far). Definately going to speak to my ortho about exceledent, I'm too impatient! I've now had my trays in for nearly two weeks and biting toast is still a bit sore. It's really important to clean the trays, I do this at least twice a day with vinegar and water. Biggest con- I can't wear lipstick as it gets in my trays, and I love my bright colours! All in all though I am happy with my decision and actually am looking forward to getting my attachments and bands as this means stuff will happen quicker.

2nd trays first day

Last night I put in my 2nd trays which weren't too painful except for the sharp edges which i filed down,but still I popped a couple of nurofen and went to bed.

I also compared the discoloration of my last trays to the new ones and although they didn't seem too bad, when side by side I could see the difference. I think I'm going to try retainer brite (off amazon) and maybe get a cheap sonic cleaner as I want to keep them as sparkly and hygenic as I can.

Still really struggling with wearing them 22/24 hours a day. I am a big eater who enjoys food and a good chat over meals and am a very thorough brusher and flosser (this alone can take me bout 20 mins!) and even though I go fast as I can, I always end up leaving them out for too long which makes me worry that I'm going to take even longer with my treatment time. Also find at times I try not to have any snacks as I can't be bothered doing the whole routine for a quick cup of tea.

I also emailed my orthodontic surgery to ask about the cost of acceledent (which I have yet to hear back from) and finally received my clincheck video, however like snowyT it is only a short, quick view which makes it difficult to tell which teeth are going to start shifting first.

Invisalign-not so invisible anymore

Hi!
So yesterday i got tray 3 put on and I got my 18 attachments and bands (with buttons). First impression- I wanted to cry! I feel like they are so noticeable and I can't even smile with my mouth shut because the buttons and attachments on my canines poke through! If that wasn't bad enough, my teeth are so sore and it is so difficult to get the aligners off and hurts to even just brush my teeth. To further add to my joy I also received more IPR yesterday as well as polishing between my teeth with a small grinder device which was not pleasant at all.
The attachments themselves scrape along the inside of my mouth and even the rubber bands are cutting into my cheeks.
I discussed acceledent at my appointment and although pricey ($1500 in one upfront payment) i am going to hopefully get it soon as i will be done with my initial treatment in 8 months instead of 16! at this point it also looks as though my refinements will mainly end up being done on my bottom teeth because it looks like i will have small gaps between a couple (the dreaded black triangles) and i am not a fan of that at all.
I will finish this post by saying
Although its uncomfortable I still think in the end it will all be worth it, beauty is pain after all.
Also I haven't included any pics but I will put some up over the next few days.

Pics! Tray 3

Not the most glamorous! But you get the idea!!

Tray 5

Put in tray 5 last night and what is feeling really weird to me is that my bands seem to be really pushing up against my cheeks. I know its too soon for any major movement but it also looks as though my midline has changed noticeably. I'm not due to see my ortho till April so I'm hoping everything is progressing as it should.
I should be getting my acceledent by about may which means hopefully I will be done with my initial treatment by beginning of December which will be amazing! Also does anyone know if you can postpone refinements for a little while (maybe a month) maybe just wear trays with no attachments and then start refinements?

Flossing

I've been reading reviews on water and air flossers and I was curious if anyone on here uses them? If so which one? And do you think its sufficient to replace string floss? I really struggle to floss the teeth at the back of my mouth and it also takes me forever, which means my brushing/flossing routine takes about 30 mins which is waaaay too long! Also do you brush first or floss first?
Thanks everyone!!

Tray 6

Just finished week one of tray 6 and I think my teeth are moving but its still hard to tell. My teeth are a bit sore but nothing unbearable. The only thing that concerns me is that my front four top teeth seem to not be sitting in my tray as snug as the rest of my teeth (they also looked like this with my last tray) as in I have that clear gap between my teeth and the tray. I have used my chewies to push it tighter but it doesnt seem to make any difference. My concern with that is that those teeth are not shifting as they are supposed to and as I am not due back to my orthodontist till next month I'm not sure if its a sign that I should be wearing the trays for three weeks each instead? Other than that all is well. I am going to go to the dentist for a clean soon to make sure that I am brushing properly and haven't developed any cavities.

Pic with tray 6 in

Orthodontic summary

After reading other people's reviews on here I realized that I never really properly mentioned what the issues were with my teeth and what my orthodontists goals are for my teeth.

If anyone is interested here it is:

Summary of facial features:
facial profile is balanced
The nose-lip angle is less than normal (if anyone knows what this means, please let me know)
Decreased facial height
Lower jaw is deviated to the facial left

Summary of dental findings:
Overbite- vertical overlap of the upper and lower front teeth is increased
Overjet- upper front teeth protrude approx 6mm ahead of the lower front teeth
Moderate crowding in the upper arch and mild crowding in the lower arch
Lower front teeth are 1mm right of the centre

Jaw joint history suggests normal function

Objectives of treatment:
Expand the upper arch and broaden the smile
Correct crowding
And it's not written but I'm guessing attempt to correct my overbite/ overjet

I should also mention that I have all my teeth including my 4 wisdom teeth.

So I hope for anyone interested or that has similar problems this has been helpful in some kind of way.

I have attached pics that the orthodontist has taken- please note my teeth look really yellow in these! This is not how they look at all in real life! (Sorry just had to let you all know!)

I will try get my fiancé to take some pics of my teeth now to see if there has been any noticeable change- if so I will attach them as well

Ortho visit tray 6

Just got back from a quick checkup with my ortho in regards to my top 3 front teeth and thought I'd update while its fresh in my mind!

Ok first things first, my two top incisors are not moving as they should be! I suspected this, but its sad to know its true! But on a good note the rest of my teeth are on track!

They said to keep wearing my trays as normal (2 weeks each) use the chewies as much as possible and see how they go. If they get worse with the next tray I will need to contact them again!

I also asked where my teeth would be at by the end of this year (when I'm getting married) and they said with acceledent (as long as i get it asap) I should be done with the initial treatment by then and then I can get my attachments off, veneers on my two top front teeth and whiten my teeth all in time for my big day. I would just have to wear retainers all the time to ensure my teeth dont shift!
and then a few weeks later do refinements and possibly put attachments back on.

Initial treatment for my bottom teeth should be complete at tray 25 and my top at tray 30 (apparently I have 30 trays not 33, the three extra are just in case I need them) is it weird that this excites me?

If I don't get acceledent in time though, my teeth will look terrible (much worse than before I started invisalign!) with gaps everywhere!! This terrifies me so I'm hoping I can get my acceledent in time!

Well that's all for now! I'm off to chew my chewies and hopefully bully my incisors into line.

Acceledent is getting closer!

So this Friday I will be getting my acceledent!!! And if I have calculated right my initial treatment should be done in about six months!!

The gaps though in my tray for those three top teeth are not getting better at all, no matter how much I use the chewies!! I fear they may need to put attachments on those teeth as well, as I can't see any way they are gonna budge without the added pressure!

I will post an update on Friday after I have seen the orthodontist again!!!

Acceledent FINALLY!!! And general teeth update

Today I picked up my acceledent aura! It cost me $1500 and I got it direct from my orthodontist and they registered my warranty for me online right there.

They explained usage and cleaning instructions to me. I take out my elastics when using the device and I will need to use it for 20mins a day! They told me that it doesn't need to be at the same time everyday but at least 12 hours between uses. I have been directed to wear my next trays (number 8 which I change tomorrow night) for two weeks and then wear trays 9 for 10 days and then after that each set of trays can be changed weekly. These are the directions they give all their patients so that your teeth can adjust to the quicker movement gradually. The mouthpeice i was fitted with was a small flat and a small deep, but even though I have a deep bite the flat felt better so that's the one we went with.

I also had them look at my teeth that aren't sitting in my top trays properly, and they said they are moving about 98% so they aren't too concerned at the moment, but would monitor it at my next appointment (two weeks time). they also mentioned that the acceledent could possibly assist those teeth in moving along and they did more IPR between those teeth and told me to continue to use the chewies a lot.

So in conjunction with the acceledent I worked out that my initial treatment from now should be approx 24 weeks, complete by the end of September. The hygienist worked it out that I wouldn't even be finished by end of November, she said I'd be at tray 25, but if everything tracks as it should i don't see how that works out, so I'm saying (hopefully by my wedding end of November) my initial treatment should definately be complete! :D

I'll update again once I've used the acceledent for the first time!
Dr grant duncan/ smile centre

Overall I have been happy! The only thing that's a bit annoying is that my dr doesn't really oversee my whole treatment. When I went in for my first two sets of trays, I would of thought that he would of been there at least for that appointment but he wasn't. I should also mention that I chose to go to dr duncan as he is an elite provider and has many years of experience. He is a bit more expensive but when its my teeth I want the best results possible. The surgery is great though! They will book me in at the drop of a hat if I have any immediate concerns and even send bands in the post when I run out!

Wow! I was surprised at the number of teeth you have! Can I ask why you haven't had your wisdom teeth pulled? Seems like you would have had much more room in your mouth.
I haven't really had any trouble with my wisdom teeth for a while so my dentist didn't see the need to remove them. However you make a good point! Probably wouldn't need as much IPR if they were out. My bottom wisdom teeth though have quite a bit of space to my other teeth (if that makes sense)
Yay!!!!  Congratulations!  Can wait to hear how it goes for you :D.
Nice to hear! I also had some good news, had appointment yesterday and got trays 20-24 which they told me i would be finished after 24 (i have 27) but won't need them :)
Awesome!! You must be so happy! I got told that for most patients they don't need the last three, they just have them in case but never use them, I've been told ill have 30 instead of 33! Yippee!! Do you think you will need refinements? And can I ask, did you have any set backs throughout your treatment or any teeth that didn't move as quick as they should of?
They don't seem to think i will need refinements but im still not 100% happy with my lower teeth and i have been on passive trays for my lowers since the 16th tray.... My top teeth arn't as perfect as i want them either but i still have another 4 so hopefully that will change... but nope, no real setbacks i have been very stringent about my wear time i can honestly say only about 4-5 times through my whole treatment i have had them out longer than 2 hours and the most would probably be about 3 so every tooth and tray has tracked perfectly.. no pain in any trays either which has been good!
Excited to hear you are getting Acceledent! I find it definitely helps seat the trays tighter, so hopefully it will help with the problem teeth? Looking forward to your update!
Good luck Friday!
Thank you! :)
Weird coincidence or Dr Duncan writes the exact same thing hahah "Summary of dental findings: Overbite- vertical overlap of the upper and lower front teeth is increased Overjet- upper front teeth protrude approx 4mm ahead of the lower front teeth Moderate crowding in the upper arch and mild crowding in the lower arch Lower front teeth are 1mm right of the centre" that was my dental findings from him.
Hmm?? I hope they really are my findings as well lol. Do you have the elastics as well then?
no elastics just 17 attachments.
but my summary findings for the other part is different as i just checked , it says " facial profile is convex, nose-lip angle is flatter than normal, upper lip length is short , exaggerated display of front teeth and gum tissue upon smililing ( which i though was weird as when i smiled back then you couldnt see my bottom teeth or much of my gums , balanced facial height
Phew! I thought maybe they just copy and pasted everyone's findings lol. The way they word that stuff makes you feel like your whole face is not normal lol. Which trays are you currently on?
Haha, yeah that would be horrific! I just switched to tray 20 last night.
Why is it taking until May for you to get the AcceleDent, by the way?
Trying to budget for it! Atm $1500 in one go for acceledent is a lot of money for me! This year is hectic and there are expenses left right and centre!! As a female I'm wondering where else I can cut back so I can get it quicker lol!!
brosegr got hers used for half the price.  Is that a possible option?  Or was yours the doctor who refused to go along with that?
I have to purchase mine from him. But... Great news!! I should be getting it in the next few weeks as long as they have it in stock!!!!! So so happy!!!!
Whew!  That's brilliant!  Good luck :D
Thank you so much for adding all of that additional information!!

The nose-lip angle is the angle formed from the bottom of the nose and from that to the lip.  Erm…Here's a picture:   So in your case, the 'less than normal' just means your nose bridge is a little longer, but your face isn't longer, so the tiny angle in the picture is tinier for you.  Here's a different way to measure it--it's from a rhinoplasty site, so you can see the different angles based on different nose lengths.  Obviously having protruding teeth int he upper jaw will also decrease this angle, and having them pushed back will increase the angle.

I hope this is helpful to you :)
Awesome! Thanks for that! By any chance do you know what the decreased facial height means? I tried to google it, but couldn't find a clear explanation. It's weird reading all the notes from the ortho its like "I'm not a normal person" lol. It's interesting because I think a lot of people don't really think about how their facial profile changes as well. I am hoping mine will improve as after the ortho pointing it out, mine is kinda weird. By the way you are really helpful and do a great job at community manager and your teeth look fab!
Okay, you made my day. :D.  I love my dental community people, and I'm working so hard to learn things so I can help.  But as I've said so much, dental is difficult!  There is a LOT to know.  There are a lot of parts involved and they all have crazy names *LOL*.

Anyway, making an educated guess, I think the decreased facial height is referring not to that you have a small face or something general like that, but specifically to the fact that you have a significant overbite and an overjet, which means that the height of the lower half of your face will be ever-so-slightly decreased.  Fixing the overbite and overjet should add a mm or two of height to the lower half of your face.  But with that one, you may want to ask your doctor cause I could be wrong :).  If the doctor fixes all of the dental issues in your report, both should influence the nasolabial angle and the lower face length.

Very interested to hear what the doctor says after your next appointment! :D

And yeah, I totally know what you mean--when you read a list of flaws like that, that can be hard.  Even if it's stuff you know.  When I had my consultations for my Mommy Makeover, the doctors hearing about all the stuff that was wrong with me was brutal!  And I already knew most of that stuff!

But just remember that you don't look worse just because somebody names some stuff.  There's nothing wrong with your face.  You're beautiful now, and getting your teeth fixed will only enhance that, not fix it.
We have a pretty similar treatment plan (I have twenty attachments, 39 trays, and will be having the same elastics placed as you) I will be starting acceledent as well. Thanks for posting the photos as I don't see too many other invisaligners with elastics.
Thanks for updating!  I think that it may be worthwhile for you to contact your orthodontist and ask for advice.  Did the last aligner ever end up fitting perfectly before you switched it out?  Because if not, you should definitely let the orthodontist know that now.  You may be right, about not switching.