Want Those Pretty Pouty Lips! - Norway, NO

I've tried Restylane once before some time ago,...

I've tried Restylane once before some time ago, but decided to try again as the previous result didn't make much difference. This time, I had 1 ML injected to my upper lip, while last time I tried it, I had 1 ML injected pretty much all over both my upper and lower lip. The good thing is that it didn't hurt as much this time, but the swelling afterwords has been massive, especially today, the day after I had the injections. I look like hell, pardon my French! Hopefully the swelling will go down soon.

Happyyyy!

It's been a week since I had my lip injections, and finally the swelling has gone down! Went back to the nurse who injected the Restylane after my massive swelling, and she told me the swelling was partly due to "hardening" of the product which could sometimes happen. She massaged my lip (hurt like h*ll!), and after that the swelling got a lot better, phew! I'm really happy with the result now! :)

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Elixir produktene er veldig beskyttende for huden disse produktene er svært nyttig for fet hud og har du høre om Dr. Pearlman hun har utført hud og kosmetiske behandlinger.
hey how long does restylane last? im going in tomorrow and i (lol) havent found that one thing out yet!
Hi :) I think it depends on how old you are. I've heard that on younger people it tends to last shorter than on older ones. Has something to do with cell renewal or something. Anyway, I was told it should last about 3-6 months on my lips and I'm 24. Hope this helps :)
hi, u look great. its been difficult finding a good restylane injector in Oslo, who did ur lips?
Hi there! :) I did it at Ellipseklinikken in Bergen, so I don't have any experience with Oslo injectors!

Looking good!  Glad the swelling went down for you.

thanks!! :)
Restylane hylouronic acid fillers is a good option to achieve fuller lips but it is best to inject a little product at a time to build volume without the excess swelling. The lips tend to swell very easily and need time to diminish the swelling. It is better to inject moderately and then wait 2 weeks for the swelling to do away and then inject more. Otherwise the swelling can be massive. Also swelling can be mistaken for product and once the swelling is gone there are indented areas that need to be filled in. To reached the desired results several sesions are needed little by little.

Oh yeah you have a lot of swelling!  Keep us posted on how long it takes to go down.

In the meantime here are some RealSelf doctor opinions on swelling: http://www.realself.com/question/juvederm-lip-injections-how-long-swelling-last

Hello!! The length of swelling really depends on the patient but it can take a few days to a few weeks. It is important to sleep elevated for the first few days and apply cold compresses. Patience is required as well.

Patience for the patient, I love it :)