Under Construction

I'm 17 years old, and my current bra size is...

I'm 17 years old, and my current bra size is 75D (a bit too small), and I've been living with big breats in a way too long period of my life. When I was 11 years old I started growing breasts. They looked normal compared to my age, height, and weight. My puberty started early, and I got my first period at 8-9. I was the first one in my class to even start puberty, and I was always ahead of my classmates (girls) when it came to developing breasts. In 7th grade, I was a 75D, and started to notice problems when I was exercising (jogging), as well as some of my clothes weren’t fitting.

As the years went on, and my breasts kept growing, I would ask my mom for a breast reduction every Christmas or birthday, to which she’d reply that I wasn’t old enough. It wasn't until I saw a video on YouTube of a 15 year old getting a reduction, I confronted my mom properly. We went to a doctor who referred me to a surgeon who was going to consider whether I was getting a reduction or not. My mother and I almost didn't get to greet the surgeon before he told me to undress. I felt a little uncomfortable at first, but I was hoping for the best. After a few seconds he told my mother he was only looking at the area where he was going to operate. I almost couldn't believe my ears, and neither could my mother. I was close to jumping of joy, tough I knew I had to stay calm as he was still examining me. He told me I was getting the reduction after the summer, and it made me so unexplainable happy.

After the summer, I finally got the breast reduction I always wanted, and I was so excited to see my new breasts! I was a bit worried about the scars at first, (the doctor and surgeon warned me about it multiple times because of my dark skin color) but I figured out it was a price to pay. I was finally going to get normal boobs! Weeks after the reduction my mother helped treating me with bandages and other things. I was a bit unsatisfied, but mother told me they still looked big due to the swelling. It has been almost eight months, and I still feel they're a bit big. The surgeon told me my size was going to be something in between B-C, but my size is currently D, and it's a bit too small. I can't say I'm totally unsatisfied, because I feel like a huge weight has been lifted from my back, and I know I'm going to have these breasts for the rest of my life, but I'm still having a bit trouble finding bikinis. The scars don't look too good, and my left nipple is bigger than the right... What am I supposed to think? What do you think?

The surgeon was a nice and polite man. He explained most things so there weren't that many questions. The payment went easy, and I was given the reduction at the time that was planned. Sadly the surgeon never contacted me and my mom again, even though we were supposed to send a letter about the progress after the surgery (we forgot) but we're planning to do it as soon as possible.

If you haven't already contacted the PS please do. I agree with mybubbies, if you're not satisfied as to the size you need to address it. Especially as breasts tend to grow later in life. Mine got bigger after I turned 26/27, and got consecutively bigger as the years passed. When I was 25 I could fit into a 34D/75D, although I suspect I wasn't wearing the right size bra already then, as I remember the underwires tended to pinch at the sides of the boobs. When I had the surgery done I was a 32/34G (UK size)/70/75H. I had a bra fitting a year before the surgery to find what size I really was. If you have the opportunity to do so, pop into a Change Lingerie store and have them give you a bra fitting. Your boobs look bigger than a D cup to me. Best of luck.
Thank you for your comment! It's been quite a while since I updated this, and by now my boobs are without a doubt not a D cup anymore. I do wear D-sized bras though. Right now I suspect my size is around E or F. I will contact the surgeon as soon as I get the time, but I'm not sure what I would say him, as there isn't much he can do after all this time have passed.
I think you look great! However if you are unhappy with the results you need to discuss them with your PS. Many of us on here are older and may have had children or have decided later in life to make this choice. You are so young and need to be comfortable with the decision you have made. just know that it is not an exact science and there can be some asymmetry. Make sure you let your PS know of your concerns, and hopefully with time or revision you will get the results you are looking for! Take care, sweetie and God bless!
Thank you very much!
You should definitely ask about your revision options and let your PS know that you are not that happy with your results. Best of luck to you!
I agree....go ask your doc about your options. Not too late at all. You should be satisfied.

Thanks for sharing your story EBH. I'm sorry you aren't very happy with your results. Have you talked with your surgeon about it and what your options might be? I was still bigger than I had planned on being but my surgeon is working with me on different ways that I can reduce the size. If the surgeon you used doesn't satisfy you maybe you could get a second opinion.

Good Luck!
I haven't talked to the surgeon since the surgery, and I'm starting to worry if it's too late. Me and my mom are talking about contacting him, and I hope we will as soon as we get the time!