Mom in Her Middle 30's Trying Radisse for First Time. - Northbrook, IL

I have being injected with Juvederm on my cheeks...

I have being injected with Juvederm on my cheeks for almost 2 years, nice results, 0 downtime but results were not lasting, the most was 2 months! ugh! :(
So I tried Radiesse after reading all these wonderful reviews in this site, I got my first syringe end of January 2014, waited for 14 days and couldn't tell much difference, so I decided to go back for a second syringe and one of my cheeks got an ugly reaction, very itchy and a lot of swelling like a balloon, it didn't go away right away, waited for 2 long weeks!!! everyday after the 5th day started to go down but little, very little until I decided to try Advil, I know they don't recommend it because it can bruise but I didn't care much by then, my face was deformed!!! had to fix it, so thanks GOD I now look normal, my cheeks look "ok" I don't see a dramatic change just a "natural one". I won't go back again for more syringes of radiesse, I never got a bad downtime with Juvederm but unfortunelly it didn't last longer either. I think I will just accept the aging process as part of life and embrace it because it is God's plan.
P.A Elizabeth Cook

Elizabeth was very kind and showed concern to my situation, I shared some pics of how I was looking and she took the time to discuss it with another PA, they got to the conclusion that my swelling was a normal reaction caused after injecting radiesse. Personally I think I got a mild allergic reaction.

I hope you will never use radiesse again . I feel so sick in pain 5 months later . ruins life in a matter of second . Hope u feel much better now flora . I am much worse now than the beginning . Before it takes my life away I will fight hard to find and end to this .
Is Radiesse the same price as Juvederm? I see a slight improvement. It does look natural. I like the idea of adding one more if you are comfortable with the injector. Or maybe wait the two months, if the product is still there, add one more. I am interested to see if it lasts longer. I don't keep filler very long either.
Thanks. Great information. What percentage of people have a reaction? I've heard good things about using it in the hands. Is there an allergy test? I'm allergic to latex and tape. I've never had a problem with sutures though. Thanks for teply.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Thanks for sharing.  I'm sorry you had so much downtime, but glad it went away.  Let us know how long it lasts for you!