24, Female - Sydney, Australia

I got my first aligners and attachments in...

I got my first aligners and attachments in yesterday. I have (from what I can count) 19 attachments which seems a lot more than most other reviewers have had added it seems. I have always had horribly crooked teeth and decided to do something about it.

Coming home with them on last night, I felt really disappointed. I was prepared for a lisp, and some pain or discomfort but I thought they'd be a lot less noticeable. In the last 24 hours I've had a few feelings of "do I even need these?" and "maybe I should have just left them alone/gotten metal braces/pulled all my teeth out and eaten soup for the rest of my life" type thoughts. I know eventually I will feel better about them and they will become 'normal' but right now I am not used to them.

Attached are some photos. I didn't take any before I had my attachments put on but you still get the gist. Heading interstate for the next few days so that will give me a little time to get used to them before I have to return to work.

One of my teeth clashes with an attachment on the bottom so I can't really chew right now. Soup and smoothies for the next few weeks I guess. That Invisalign diet!

Looking forward to straighter teeth. I have faith that Invisalign will work, I've done so much research and reading so I know eventually it will be worth it. Mum keeps reminding me "no pain, no gain" and she's right but it will just take some time to get used to. I realise I must sound quite negative right now but I am really excited about the outcomes, promise!

Second trays

Just popped my second trays in, definite tightness but it's not unbearable. I am a little concerned because the top tray doesn't seem to be fitting on my molars on the right side. It's not flush against the teeth and almost feels as if it's popping off. I might call my Dr tomorrow to see what he says.

The first few days weren't great but it got easier quite quickly. Ortho wax is my new all time favourite thing. I went away for a few days to Melbourne and it was such an ordeal to get my trays out those first few days that I mainly only ate in the hotel room. Lucky I've got a great partner and he didn't mind taking all our food to go.

Bed soon and hoping the looseness on my molars fixes itself soon. I am strapped for time this week and don't think I will have time to head to my Dr at all.

Like others have said, the teeth brushing and flossing can be arduous at times but it's not really a big deal. When I cook, I can't taste the food as I go so apologies to my family that they have been getting undercooked and over-seasoned meals the last few days. I haven't been able to eat lettuce at all which is bugging me, my teeth don't align when I bite so it is difficult to eat finer veggies like lettuce. Thank goodness for green smoothies!

Fourth Trays

Just popped my fourth trays in my mouth. Only another 32 to go haha! They are tight yes but really not bad right now. No pain, just not as familiar as my last trays began to feel at the end of their two week cycle.

Had my first appointment booked in with my doc yesterday but he was ill and couldn't make it to the office. I've got work all week so couldn't make it any other day and I am too eager to keep moving ahead so I didn't want to wait for my new trays. I headed in anyway and picked them up from his lovely, wonderful receptionist/hygienist.

We've been in contact via email today so I'll see if he needs me to come in soon. I haven't had any real dramas except for
- clenching when I sleep.
- my midline is shifting and becoming a little more misaligned.

Small issues so I'm not too worried. TwoPlusOne said she used to clench as well, anyone else have this problem? I am just trying to be really conscious of it and remind myself to stop.

Attached is a picture of my teeth in their fourth trays. Really not a glamorous picture.. Looking forward to straight white teeth!

Itchy gums!

Why do I have them and how do I stop it??

I've noticed the last few days my face (chin/cheeks) has been slightly itchy but I kind of ignored it, putting it down to it being Spring here in Australia.. But today I realised it's actually my gums that are itchy and now it's driving me crazy! Any help?

Had a check up around 10 days ago now and everything is tracking nicely. Doc is happy and I am happy! Not much to report.. Molars are sensitive as they're doing the most movement at the moment. Pretty cruisy Invisalign experience this far!

Not going to upload any photos because there really is no noticeable difference yet!

Tray 7

6/36 complete! Just moved into tray 7.
I just did a picture comparison of day 1 compared to tonight and i can probably say I like my teeth less now than I did at the start BUT I am staying positive. I feel like I've read all your teeth have to be pushed out first before they come good. I'm telling myself that anyway :)

8/36

Tray 8, day 3

I am currently in America! Travelling 15 hours on a plane with Invisalign is challenging! Reading "water not for consumption" in the aeroplane bathrooms AFTER you brush your teeth using that water is worrying (but I've made it through). One tooth is hurting a lot for these trays but initial pain and pressure for the rest of my mouth only lasted around 12 hours for these trays. Nothing to really report, seeing my doc again half way through tray 9.
Sydney Cosmetic Dentist

Friendly, positive, great. Really happy I saw an advertisement for his practice. He isn't located anywhere near where I live but I am happy to travel to where he is.