Realistic Tummy Tuck Outcome - North Carolina

I am 33 years old, 5.7", and 140 lib. I am...

I am 33 years old, 5.7", and 140 lib. I am now 7 days post op and I know that the results are not even close to being evident. I should have had a more real outcome in my head before going into the surgery. After carrying my twin girls 12 years ago and then my 4 year old son, my tummy was beyond words. So I guess I should have had a realistic expectation of the outcome before I did it.

I imagined that my tummy would be perfect and flawless minus the large scar across my tummy. Totally unrealistic! I thought that all of my stretch marks would magically disappear and it would be easy. I can say now that if anyone is seriously considering this surgery and you think that your will be perfect like seen in most before and after photos on most doctors sites, that is not always the case. Know that it will not be perfect, and expect the worse so that way you won’t be too disappointed. Best of luck!

I am 1 month post op and I am undecided on how I...

I am 1 month post op and I am undecided on how I feel about my results. I know it takes time, and It is better than it was before. I am actually still really swollen in the evenings and less swollen in the mornings. I cannot wait until I can see the full results and I can fit in my jeans again. Would have been nice to get rid of all of my stretch marks, but at least my pc got rid of alot of them and i have a bellybutton again. I am bigger now then I was before my surgery and hopefully I will be back to my pre-op weight soon!! I was told that it would take up to a year to fully heal, but dang that seems so far away from now.
;-)

I am one month post op and still undecided on how...

I am one month post op and still undecided on how I feel about my results so far. I have to say that it is a lot better than before, but dang am I swollen! I was told that it could take up to a year or more to fully heal, but I am bigger now then I was post-op. I can't wait to get back to the size I was before. I am happy that I don't have to tuck my muffin top in my pants everytime I sit down and it is nice that I dont have to look down when I am driving and see my muffin jiggling. I am looking forward to seeing the end results.

You look great! they saved your tattoo!!
Keep your head up! I think that you look great especially for only being 4wks post op. I haven't had mine TT yet (May 9th!!!) but I would be happy if I had results like yours. Remember it is only going to look better over time, so be patient and know the best is yet to come! Keep the pics coming, I look forward to following your progress.
Bag snob,
Thank you! I cant wait to see the end result. It takes soooo long.
I think you look fabulous! This is a very long process though and you will see continued improvement for up to 6 months minimum according to my PS. you have a lovely figure! Keep your head up. Looking good!
Give your bode time to heal! Don't be so hard on yourself. I bet in four months you'll have a whole different point of view!
I'm hoping in due time it will turn out much better for you, it is still pretty early to see "good" results.
They say that you can't tell what the final outcome will be for months. Don't get discouraged keep your head held high.

Kat, I'm so sorry you are not happy with the results. Check out these reviews from other ladies who are about your size/age who have also had TT's. Hopefully they can lend some support/hope for what you can expect in the next couple weeks.

With regard to setting your realistic expectations...did you review before and after pics in Tummy Tuck here from the other RealSelfers?

Sorry you are not happy with your results. As far as I am concerned anything has to be better then having what looks like a butt on the front. From my 2 c-sections thats what I always said I have a front butt not a back one..Hope you get to feeling better about yourself.