8 Weeks out and Still Bruised! But Cellulite Has Diminished 90% - North Carolina

I'm linking my forum post/thread here: http://www...

I'm linking my forum post/thread here: http://www.realself.com/forum/cellulaze-bruising-and-pain

Overall, I am very happy with the results. But I am concerned a little with the bruising. There is a dark undertone and widespread bruising. The cellulite has diminished 90% and I am very happy with that. The pain is very slight, upon standing. No pain unless I get up from the laying down or sitting position, then it goes away after a couple of minutes. Feels tight underneath like there is some blood flow/circulation issue. Very minimal though and I am hoping that will resolve in time.

Http://www.realself...

June 23, 2012 It's been 10 weeks. Still seeing...

June 23, 2012
It's been 10 weeks. Still seeing bruising, however it is slowly going away. I still feel that nagging pull down when I stand up and start walking, but I've learned to ignore it. As you can see the cellulite is barely noticeable, which I LOVE. I go back to see my doctor on Monday, I will ask then when to expect the bruises to disappear, assuming that they WILL disappear and it is not hyperpigmentation, which would be BAD. I'm posting pictures, and have circled the obnoxious bruises. : ) Thanks everyone, for the support and well wishes.

Hi everyone! I'm posting a couple pictures - I'm...

Hi everyone! I'm posting a couple pictures - I'm at 12 1/2 weeks postop now. Bruises are diminishing...I think!? Today I went to a Chiropractic office today and had them apply the Kinesio tape, it was $30 for the tape and the application, not bad right? I will post again after a week after I've removed the tape to hopefully see good results. I'm hopeful! : )

I had the Kinesio tape applied to the sides of my...

I had the Kinesio tape applied to the sides of my legs about four days ago. Just wanted to update about how the tape feels on my skin. I haven't removed the tape yet so I can't post any pictures, however it has made my legs FEEL great. This tape has been awesome. I don't know what the results are yet as far as what the bruises look like because I haven't removed the tape but I FELT relief immediately.

It's subtle, but it MAKES A DIFFERENCE. The doctor said that I could wear it as long as I could keep it on. She recommended I put a small square of tape at the end of every "branch" of tape. (The tape is really long skinny strips of tape).

The tape is stretchy and sticky so when it's placed on the skin it contracts slightly and lifts the skin. It's very subtle but it has made a huge difference. I don't feel that lurch or tension anymore when I get up from a sitting or standing position. It feels like I have more circulation and I don't get the twinges of pain while I'm sitting. It feels slightly warmer too, it feels good... not sure how else to explain it.

I'm looking forward to posting pictures in a few days, I'm trying to keep the tape on as long as possible. It's very comfortable and there's no problem showering, it's sort of like a second skin. : )

I removed the tape a couple of days ago. I still...

I removed the tape a couple of days ago. I still have bruising; it has lessened some. The tape beats the hell out of wearing the compression garment, it's a 24/7 massage of sorts and I would do it again. However, wearing the compression garment again would probably give the same kind of relief as the tape does. The tape is just a lot less hot and uncomfortable.

It's been almost 5 months and I can honestly say...

It's been almost 5 months and I can honestly say that it's been worth it. The bruising is practically gone, just a little discoloration but it is going away. Compared to the cellulite I had in it's place 5 months ago, I would say it's definitely worth it. I am posting some BEFORE and AFTER pictures of the BACKS of my legs and my butt. I was a little apprehensive to post a big ugly butt picture, but that's not "me" anymore! The AFTER picture is what my butt and legs look like today! Yay!!! So, ...it DOES get better... it just takes some time.

I found out some additional information on the extended-life bruising that we've been experiencing. The "bruising" is actually called Hemosiderin Staining. From what I understand, Hemosiderin often forms after bleeding during surgery. When blood leaves a ruptured blood vessel, the red blood cell dies, and the hemoglobin of the cell is released into the extracellular space. White blood cells called macrophages engulf the hemoglobin to degrade it, producing hemosiderin. Hemosiderin staining, also called hemosiderosis, is a brown or rusty discoloration of the skin resulting from a buildup of hemosiderin in the fluid of the body.

I think since Cellulaze is so new, we are all finding out things about it as it happens to us. Thankfully, forums like this one exist so we can share information with each other and offer support. Had we known that all this bruising has a name, and that it can be a normal side effect of surgery sometimes, I would have been less anxious about my experience. I can say now, very definitely that I feel very positive about my experience and am happy the way things are turning out. I hope this is helpful...: ) I'll keep you posted.

P.S. Hemosiderin Staining is, more simply put, a...

P.S. Hemosiderin Staining is, more simply put, a molecular byproduct of blood cells breaking down and can "stain" nearby tissues. It may linger after bruising, especially in a person with lighter skin, but it is not permanent.
Dr. Jason Miller

It took 27 months for my discoloration to go away. They don't tell you the truth about this procedure. They need to sell the service to pay for their expensive equipment. I just had the broken capillaries removed...which cost me an additional $400. The Dr that did the cellulaze offered to do this, but I wouldn't let him touch me again.
Oh, is it that bad cellulaze ituu?? i have cellulite in the thigh section and I want to do laser cellulaze.saya of INDONESIA.tolong tell me, what is the best doctor and I asked for advice from kalian.thank

Bruiser1, its been over a year since you posted an update. I would love it if you would post one and let us know if the Hemosiderin Staining completely went away, or if you can still see it.

I was so hoping that Cellulaze would be the cure all for cellulite! I almost tried it, I tried everything else! I am very sorry for all of you that have not had good results, I pray things will improve with time!
It's been a year and 2 months! Cellulite never got any better, in fact it's worse in my inner thigh, my skin is saggy! The staining and spider veins just this month, seem to have gotten better, but that also might be due to me being out in the sun and getting tan. Oh how I wish I could go back in time, and NEVER had done this!!!
It has been 1 year and 1 month since my cellulaze and I to have the Hemosiderin Staining and lots of spider veins now. The cellulite is 50-60 % better. But I do have the ugly staining and veins to deal with now. I had it done in Texas. :0
Has anyone tried Q-switched lasers for hermosiderin staining? They are very expensive so hard to find but I hear they are the only effective treatment for this issues. BTW the same ladder used for tattoo removal and apparently also work well for spider veins. Sign me up! ( I'm only a couple of weeks post op but where the bruises have faded my legs are a purplish grey and thanks to all of your posts and pictures, I already know exactly what it is!)
I would be very interested in knowing more about it. I had Cellulaze 13 months ago and still have the discoloration and broken vains. I wish I had never had this procedure. Worst thing I've ever done.
i just had mine done three weeks ago and yall are scaring the crap out of me...there is this one lump that is empty with no fluid and is of good size and i am trying to figure out how does that go down?I also have to keep hacing my legs drained what does that mean?
Hi Sharon, sorry we're scaring you. I totally hear that. Alot of us jumped on this site and started sharing when it was really new. For me, I did it three mos after the FDA approved it in Mar 2012. My procedure was Jun 2012. With the three weeks ago, i'm guessing your doctor told you there is swelling where the procedure was done, and swelling a) takes its time healing and b) doesn't all heal at the same rate. So those lumps and bumps are most likely going to change as the swelling in areas goes down. Funny how we get this done to not have cellulite, then the healing process looks like bad cellulite (well not so funny, but you get my drift...) At some point all the swelling will be down and you'll see the results you have. For me, it has been one year and I have to say I do see results but I am not without cellulite. My results do not look like the pictures I was shown which caused me to pay $7,200 for the procedure. I am wearing skirts and I'm not mortified in a bathingsuit. I'm actually willing to wear a bathingsuit and just look like someone who has a regular amount of cellulite. Plus by boyfriend told me that women notice this more on each other and men don't think much about it, just part of a women's body and they love a woman's body so that information has helped me feel more comfortable too. You said you also have to keep "hacing" your legs. What is that? Sincerely, Brittany
I seems like I am seeing trends and some of the posts from NC seem to like the results from the local practioners in the area.
I am 6 months post pro-cedure with SEVERE discoloration on my legs. Severe. Completely regret this procedure. Utterly.

Hi Maven, I too have severe discoloration on my legs. I wish I hadn't done this either. Cost me money that's now wasted, the cellulite isn't decreased AND I have an insertion scar on my left leg. The SmartLipo I had done on the back of my thighs is also a waste. Sad that I did this. Dr. Diana seems like a very nice man, but this procedure IS not 100% good. I'm sorry you're experiencing the same. Really is sad...Reja

This breaks my heart to read. I'm so sorry to hear this. :(

Hi Maven! I'm in the EXACT same position!!! 6 months out & still secs discoloration on the sides & all under my legs. I also have lump swelling. Dr. Dibernardo (Montclair NJ) never earned me out any of this. I still have bad incision mark scars too ... He got MARKER inside one & it's still there. I'm seeing him Thursday for my 6 month& I know I'm going to fly off the handle .... He has ruined my legs :( Ill update Thursday after
I am almost 5 months out now and there is no difference front or back 2 procedures, looked good for awhile but that was short lived....does anyone have suggestions how to approach Dr about retouches at 6 months??
Hi Maven, I feel for you! I had the procedure done May 5th; it's been 8 months now. I still have bruising, or spider veins, not sure of the difference, but I had nothing before. My cellulite has only diminished some, but now it also looks like my skin is sagging in my inner thigh. I fell like I can never wear anything that will show my legs, it’s embarrassing! I wish more than anything that I never had this procedure done. I did everything that the doctor told me too. My legs are still sensitive when touched, and I feel like the discoloration is never going to go away. I am in shape and wear dresses to work pretty much everyday, now I’m only wearing dresses that go below my knee. My cellulite sucked, but it looked better than what my legs look like now. My advice to any one who is thinking about doing it….DON’T!!
I'm officially at my 5 months & still have discoloration ... It seems crazy to me that this could possibly take so long. I really wonder what he's going to say at my 6 month follow up ... I also still have incision marks and they were suppose to send me bleaching cream in the mail which I still never got 2 weeks later. I'm going to call again! I highly doubt the bleaching cream will help with my discoloration though. What makes me so mad is Dr.'s kept saying this was NOT lipo & would make your skin lumpy but I STILL have uneven swelling!!!!! Ugh
I have been reading everyone's comments about how some areas are healing and I thought it might be worth sharing what I was advised & what my happened to me. First I was wide awake during the procedure & watched everything, even craning my neck to watch the back of my legs get zapped. I asked questions & was told that the front of my legs had virtually no bands to cut. My doctor said the cellulite was from thin skin mostly! This is the area that still, 3 months later, has some unevenness but only at the outer bottom of my quads. The back had bands per my doctor and I could hear & feel the difference from the front being done. The back is great except I can tell that in another 3 months the collagen will thicken & it will look even better. If anyone has ever had any type of Collagen producing treatment Done to their face (come on! I know I'm not the only one in their 40's) then you know how long it takes to fully improve. Didn't anyone try AWT or vela shape or Venus before the cellulaze plunge? Ok putting my experience with what the dr said as he was performing the procedure, the areas with the stiff septae or bands looks better sooner bc there just got cut. The other areas have to thicken & that is with collagen production which takes forever(6 months) to finish. I didn't have a lot of fat so I can't speak to that aspect. My Advice to those ladies who want to get this done, stay awake (or the moment u wake) ask what caused ur cellulite. Dr. DiBernardo told me that you don't know until you go in there. I loved this info bc now if it ever comes back, I can adjust any treatment accordingly (ie. Venus in the front & AWT in back). Ah to know then what I know now! Wasted so much $ on temporary treatments. I am super fair but little to no staining, not sure why, I had no lymphatic massage but lots of supplements & activity.
Hi Flathlete thanks for sharing. I have been reading stuff all day about how people are unhappy about their results at 2 and 3 months out. Areas heal differently and so do people. I dont think this is the area to bash a doctor because he didnt know how YOU would heal there is the average and then there is you. Its more important that that he is willing to work with you if at 6 months you have not seen results -- which leads to me what someone else correctly stated dont expect to get your legs from your 20's back either. Not only that it is stated this takes 3-6months for results not 2-3 or 3-4 it is up to 6 months so if your doctor say lets revisit at 6 months that is because the collagen has to have time to thicken. This is not a fast food procedure it is more like a 5 course meal at a nice restaurant so it has to have time to do its thing. The staining does go away but this is a major procedure and it takes time as do scars. They dont just go away in a short amount of time that is why it is a healing process. Flathlete you are also right about the activity it was a great help overall as well.
Thank you for sharing my legs. At times it's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel when you have staining at 4 full months with no improvement. From what I have read it very well can be permanent but I'm not trying to look at it that way :( I can't bare the thought of it never healing!!! I have done everything right and have my own personal frustrations & concerns with my surgeon and I don't want anyone else to go through what I did either and that's what this blog is for. Has anyone tried bleaching cream for the staining??? HELP!!! Kinseo taping is also my next option
Why has no one made a you tube video? I'm tempted to do it, because all you see on it is the good news, which it seems is the exception not the rule.
You SHOULD totally do one. In fact, I wish someone would do a news story on it. I went to a day spa this weekend and felt like everyone was looking at the weird stains on my legs. I wanted to walk up to them and explain. Lol. I'm starting to believe it's a trade off. Cellulite versus Hemo Staining. Which to hate more? At this point, I hated the cellulite more so I am reluctantly dealing with the staining. It's the best of the two evils. I know the doctors are telling their patients about the hemo staining now... to warn them of it...but it SUCKS that for those of us who didn't know beforehand. Feels like it's permanent. Since I'm the resident veteran of this thread (lol) I will keep posting pics so you can see my "progress"... I have to be honest, it DOES look like the stained area is shrinking; it's just taking so LONG. : | Hang in there. In contrast, my "butt" /backs of thighs has had significant improvement. (See above) That I AM so happy about : )
I still have some Hemo Staining but I am seeing it go away little by little and like you the trade off is worth the wait for it to go away. I figure I dont need to see shorts for another 6 months from now so I should be good by then and that is what I am focused on. Thanks for keeping us updated.