I chose to get an upper lip lift because my upper lip is flat - Norfolk

I chose to get an upper lip lift because my upper...

I chose to get an upper lip lift because my upper lip is flat and when I add filler, I can get a duck-like appearance. I was awake for the procedure, but had been given valium and pain killers. I am nervous about the outcome because I still do not have tooth show! Also, my lip is looking flat again, and it's making me very nervous. I wanted to get a curved upper lip. It has been three days since the procedure (so I guess I'm on day 4). Any advice?

Today is day 5, and I am feeling much better about...

Today is day 5, and I am feeling much better about everything. My nostrils are less flared, and my lips are more balanced. I still do not have tooth show, so I'm really hoping I end up getting some.

Tomorrow will mark two weeks since I had the lip...

Tomorrow will mark two weeks since I had the lip lift! I am healing pretty well, but, as you can tell in the photos, you can still see something there. I added some new photos that weren't taken with a webcam. :) But yeah. I can't help but think I will not be getting tooth show. I just don't even really see how it's possible with my mouth. At any rate, I am still glad that I have more of a curved upper lip.

Ok, I officially rated the procedure worth it! So,...

Ok, I officially rated the procedure worth it! So, you can see my teeth when my mouth is slightly open at an angle now, so there is improvement! They are not visible straight on, so that's somewhat disappointing, but I think my teeth may be the problem. I think I'm going to talk to a dentist about getting veneers to make my teeth a bit longer. I SO want normal tooth show. Anyway, I love the new shape of my lips, and I'm happy that I had the procedure.

I am adding some photos from today. It has now...

I am adding some photos from today. It has now been a little over 5 weeks, so I think what I am seeing now is going to be pretty much the final result.

Hi Brirey, I hope you're still checking this page. I just had a lip lift earlier today (approx 6 hrs ago) also under local anesthesia. The doctor removed 3mm of skin but when he was done and I looked, I really couldn't tell that much of a difference from before. He told me the local anesthesia causes a ton of swelling plus the surgery itself, so as the swelling goes down, the upper lip will lift and appear fuller. Was this your experience as well? Did your lip get fuller & higher as the days progressed? If you could let me know, I'd greatly appreciate it!! Thank you
Hi. Unfortunately i see no photos.... unlike some other posts. Am I missing something? please advise, thanks.

You are not missing anything. Unfortunately the photos were removed from this review.

Excellent result! Can you please message me your plastic surgeon?
I would love for the name of your doc as well. I live about 2 1/2 hours from Norfolk and have been looking for an experienced doctor for this procedure.

Thanks,
Amy
please can you send me your dr name and from where i am from dubai

The doctor's name is Dr. **************** at ****************.

The above comment has been edited, as it violates one of our Community Guidelines, which is simply "Be nice."

I am very disappointed by the above comment. Clearly the writer didn't want to publicly share her doctor information, yet she was kind enough to share it via PM to try to help others.

L.A. has been blocked from RealSelf. It is very important to us to keep RealSelf a positive place where people feel comfortable sharing with one another. If you ever see a violation of that, please let me know or you can report it by contacting our Support Center via the "Help" link at the bottom of every page.

Who was your doctor babe? The results are fantastic
You look fantastic!! Gorgeous! I know you've shared this multiple times already but I'd be really grateful if you could share your doctor's name with me also. Thank you!
Please message me your doctor's name. Thanks
You look fantastic! I live in VA Beach and like to consult with your MD. Would you mind private messaging his name once again? Thanks!
Thank you for posting such a great news , can you say who was your doctor please ?
Hi Brirey,
It looks like the doctor did a great job! It would be a great if you just put his name here instead of messaging everyone his name?
Be generous and gracious with of us poor things who want to look better and trying to find the right doctor and not a butcher!!!
Thank you for sharing! And you look great!:)
Hi Brirey-- Yours are the best I have seen in pics of a lip lift. Please message me your doctor's name and thank you so much!
could you message me who your doctor was? thanks!
Congratulations on your gorgeous lip lift!!! I am so very happy for you! :-) Could you please share your surgeons name with me? That would be super!!!!
Hi,

I think your lips look gorgeous!! The dr did an awesome job. I'm also interested in the procedure, but I went to see the plastic surgeon today and he advised against me doing this because it will ruin the shape of my lips, as well as face. He says that if any plastic surgeon is willing to do this to my face is basically robbing me. I'm not totally convince. Now, after seeing your photos I'm definitely not convinced. I made another appointment with another plastic surgeon. I want to get a second opinion. Can you tell me how old you are?

Thanks,
Carrie
Well, I can't tell you if the procedure is right for you or not, but I can say that I am very glad I had it done. I also had a different doctor say I shouldn't do it. If you decide to do it, you should go to someone who does them a lot and knows what they are doing. I am 25.
thanks so much! btw, did you tell people (friends/family) about your surgery? how long did it before you could go out in public and not look puffy?

thanks so much!
carrie
I told a few people. I felt more normal after about two weeks, I think.
Hi Brirey! You look amazing! I always had a natural long duck lip and I never was comfortable with it. I just discovered this procedure and I really want to do it this summer. I visited Doctor H in L.A., but now I am interested visiting your doctor after reading your review. He did an excellent job. Could I get the name of your doctor?
Could you please share your docs name? I want to fly in from ohio. Thxs! You look great!
Also, would you please give me the name of your doctor?
Thanks!
How noticible are your scars?