Neck Lift: Great Experience - Newport Beach, CA

My girlfriend Wendy has been modeling for years....

My girlfriend Wendy has been modeling for years. She's had a lot of plastic surgery over the years to help further her career. When I saw the photos of before and after of her I had to admit. Wow what a difference.

I'm a normal guy who makes a decent income. I've been constantly working on myself as long as I can remember. I've done all kinds of psychological work cleaning up how I feel about myself inside. Recently not much comes up inside and I've started working on the outside much more. I had the gap in my front teeth repaired with Vaneers as a start. After seeing what Wendy has had done it got me considering plastic surgery. I met with a plastic surgeon near my house. I 'm a good looking guy overall. I have a few physical flaws like most people do. I felt why not look at great on the outside as I feel on the inside.

The plastic surgeon near my house had a lot of suggestions. I came in wanting to really improve my breathing and improve my jawline. I suggested doing a necklift, jaw implants and Rhinoplasty/Septoplasty. The surgeon quickly tested my breathing and looked at my nose. He suggested putting this rib support inside to make my nose wider. He didn't register the jaw implant that I mentioned which was the first red flag. He suggested a chin implant, and after looking at me for a few minutes went on and on and on how cheek implants would really do me good. I mentioned cutting the muscle on my neck to help improve the jawline. The surgeon went on how he would lipo everything including behind the muscle. He then proceeded to take pictures and in doing the adjustments on photoshop he barely moved the line on my neck. Wendy told me later this is normal, Surgeons would rather set the bar low and surpass it compared to set the bar high and not meet it. The bar though was just TOO low. I had this bad feeling inside. Things just did not feel right. I wasn't really into cheek implants. I noticed he didn't really register the jaw implants until after we looked though his portfolio of implants. I had taken the first step and talked to somebody about plastic surgery. Something didn't fit right but my mind was now wondering.

I can be geeky and I did my research on the internet about procedures and doctors. The internet is a great thing. The Plastic Surgeon I chose website came up. His website is quite impressive. He has put A LOT of work into it to help educate patients. He is Board Certified, and I just had this good vibe inside that it would be a great fit. One thing I liked was that I saw a testimonial of somebody in my exact same situation. He had done a neck lift with somebody who never had a strong neckline ever and the results spoke for themselves.

I called and made an appointment. My timing was great as I got one for the next day. Meet my patient coordinator Cristin and My Plastic Surgeon He had a lot of suggestions but he was also against doing certain things. He talked about doing a " Natural Look" and improving the you but not such a drastic change. I got that he wouldn't want to do a Michael Jackson type of plastic surgery. Something that really isn't right. He and Cristin both agreed Cheek implants weren't right and maybe a fat transfer would be a better option to add some fullness to my cheeks.

My doctor went out of his way to educate me about different possibilities. This is a big deal, I shouldn't be educating my potential surgeon, they should be teaching me. I left the appointment happy and worked on a game plan. Since I'm a professional speaker I have to make sure I'm presentable when I give a seminar. I saw a window between my next seminar and set something up for December.

I was happy My doctor was willing to just do local anthesia . Which is much less expensive. It means you are awake during the procedure (lots of people do fall asleep though) and that they numb the area. I felt a few little pin pricks but nothing to really complain about. I was numb and fine throughout the entire procedure. Wendy drove me home. I felt pretty good overall.

It's now been a few months and I look great. My photos and this story are on his site under neck lifts.

Good to know Arnica works -- the Dr perscribed a high strength Arnica made by Boiron, so I'll be taking that carefully.  Here's my double chin lipo review.

One word Arnica available online and any type organic health foodstore. Takes the bruising time down in half about $6 for the pills or $6 for the cream. I strongly recommend it for bruises.

Thanks for sharing the recovery time -- the advice I got was to hold off on shaving while I'm wearing the compression garment so the stubble disguises any bruising.  The lipo's tomorrow and I'll post my review soon after.

I did this video as I was so happy with my doctor...

I did this video as I was so happy with my doctor as I was of saying thanks. Keep in mind this was ONE month after the procedure. My neck is SOOO much tighter compared to what it is now in that video. (The same with my after photos)

Hi I need this same procedure....cna you ask dr if he knows anyone in rochester NY hwo can do this for me....thanks rob )) If you coudl email me id really appreciate it....metak7@gmail.com. ))
My husband wants this procedure and Im having a hard time finding many docs in SoCal with pics in reviews. Do you have any recent pics you would be willing to post? How's the healing?
hot!
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Professional, experienced, board certified, has great before and after photos.