The Added Fat to My Face Looked So Good That I Went Back for More - Newport Beach

At age 46 I didn't like the sagging crepe like...

At age 46 I didn't like the sagging crepe like skin that was appearing on my cheeks so I had a fat transfer along with a facelift and brow lift in November 2009. I really loved the results. I didn't look pulled or altered just younger and refreshed. I have had many compliments.

A few months ago I decided I wanted to add more fullness to my face since many people tell me I am skinny. I had a second stage fat transfer and upper eyelid surgery just 10 days ago on November 11. I am still healing, but I am very happy with the results so far. I am liking the fullness the additional fat has added to my face. I know I will still lose about 10-15 percent of the volume as I heal, but things are looking good and I am healing nicely.

The recovery is coming along nicely. Thanks for asking. There is minimal swelling left. I love what the additional fullness has done to my face. My forehead is a smooth as a baby's butt. I just have 2 stubborn bruises that are hanging around. Once these go away I will be elated.
Thanks for sharing Misty you look great. I have a question for you that I was hoping you could answer. Does your doc use stem cell enhanced fat grafting with your procedures? Or maybe PRP (Platelet-rich plasma)? I have heard these can help the healing prooess come a long a lot faster.
I asked my doctor about this and I got a detailed answer. I hope I can paraphrase correctly.

When fat is put through a centrifuge it is dehydrated. This can make it lumpier than non-centrifuged fat. So he does put the fat through a centrifuge that will be put in the cheeks. For fat that will be put in the thinner areas such as the forehead and temples he does not put it through a centrifuge.

I don't know all of the details behind what is done to the fat before it is put in my face, but I do know I am very happy with the results.

I am now 3 weeks post surgery. I like the fullness...

I am now 3 weeks post surgery. I like the fullness the additional fat has added to my face. The only swelling I have notice now is on my left side under my eye. I think this might be due to the fact that I sleep on my left side.

No more bruises, but only 2 red marks are left. One under my left eyebrow and 1 on my left cheek. These aren't doing much. But I know I bruise easily. My bruises from my facelift last year took 7 weeks to go away. I know I am still healing.

The red marks under my left eyebrow and on my left...

The red marks under my left eyebrow and on my left cheek are gone. Only a little swelling remains under my left eye and it is not very noticeable.

It is just after 6 weeks after surgery. The...

It is just after 6 weeks after surgery. The swelling under my left eye is gone. I have noticed that the extra fat in my upper cheeks has really helped reduce the appearance dark circles under my eyes. I no longer need to put concealer on to hide them.

Any lumpiness under eyes? Did this fat last?
There was just swelling under my eyes and my whole face. Lumps are common. I am still happy with my results. It has been 5 years since my first fat transfer and 4 years after my second and I like the results.
So the lumpiness is not visible? I had lower eyelid surgery that left me hollow under and I'm terrified to make another mistake.
Dr. Joseph Cruise

This is my 3rd surgery with Dr. C and I couldn't be happier with my experience each time. I have loved the results of my previous 2 surgeries (fat transfer/facelift then breast augmentation)so I am sure the results from this last surgery will be just as great. Not only is Dr. C an extremely skilled surgeon, he is also very personable and caring. His staff is wonderful and supportive as well. I felt just as important during my final post-op follow-up appointments as I did during my first consultation.