Tummy Tuck Revesion - Newport Beach, CA

I am a very small frame 132lb 52 yerass old woman....

I am a very small frame 132lb 52 yerass old woman. I had a bad tummy tuck done in 1996 with a horizontal scar and a deformed belly button.
After some post menopausal weight gain in the last year in addition to my scoliosis, it looked like I was 6 months pregnant all the way from below the breast, more so on my left side.all efforts to use spanx and hide it did not go well and I am just a size 2 in pants but had to buy dresses in 6 or 8 just to hide my tummy. After comments from my new 2nd husband, I decided to do it and correct the tummy muscles.
Its only been 13 days ago and I am still very uncomfortable, tired and moody.. I know the end result wil be good, but do not have the patience till I get back to feel myself, do not sleep well, cant eat much, very uncomfortable laying down.

Thanks for the advise Kimmers,I am a side sleeper and the garment is so uncomfortable. I have tried so many other binders I had (from trying to hide my tummy years) and neither is comfortable, they make me fold at the center or are way too tight. I wake up every time I try to semi turn. last night I did not sleep till midnight, then wake up at 2am, could not get back to sleep till I took sleeping pill.I feel like I can not breath right/deep enough plus my post nasal drip is bothersome.I hate being such a complainer. you would think with 2 c sections, 1 lipo, 1 bad TT I should be a trooper by now... is it the age?? I have no energy. I try do do light work on the computer. I have great books and magazines but can't focus. going to see the Dr Thursday. What should I ask him? any advise how to wlak better the bending hurts my spine that is already bad.

Hi Girl,

I am sorry you are hurting so much.  I know it is miserable and when you can't get comfy and sleep it makes it worst.   You are not a complainer!  This just really hurts.

Have you tried wearing a soft cotton tank top under the binder?  That gave me a little relief for the first three nights.

Prop your head up on about 3-4 pillows and that helps with the breathing.  Not being able to take a deep breath and breath caused me panic attacks the first four days...drove me nuts.

This is a hard healing process and unfortunately all you can do is ride it out.

I remember the back being a really big problem for me and it constantly hurt and would spasm.  I found pushing my shoulders back and massage helped me.  I got chair massages the first month and that helped a bit.   And with us being small people that darn binder feels even bigger.  Mine pushed up under my breasts and all the way down past my hips...Hated it.

When I went in to see my doc two days post op he removed one drain which was nice and also told me I could loose the binder.  He is not a big fan of them but talk to your doc.  They are all different and you will need to follow his orders.

Did he give you any muscle relaxers for the back?  That may help a bit.  I felt like a 120 year old woman the first two weeks.  I had my pain pills, muscle relaxers for the back, anxiety pills for the breathing, estrogen for the hot flashes, thyroid pills for the thyroid that pooped out on me, vitamin C, super B complex...god it just went on and on.

Hang in there and let me know if you need a moral pick me up.  I am here...

Hi Girl,

You are at the tough stage but I promise it will get better.  This is a hard surgery and takes a long time to heal.  I can tell you that it is worth every bit of pain and swelling and I would do it again in a second.

You are really tiny!  Do you take and before and after pics?

The moods swings are something else and will about make you crazy.  My hubby thought he was living with Cybil the first couple of weeks.    This improves as you start to feel better.  How is your swelling?

Try and prop yourself up as much as you can in bed and also have 2-3 pillows under the knees.  That will help some.  If you are a tummy or side sleeper like I am then it is really hard to lay on the back all the time.  I also used one of those egg crate mattresses under a lambs wool pad.  That gave me some extra cushion and a bit more comfort.

Hang in there :)

Its day 16. I am a little better. still hunched...

Its day 16. I am a little better. still hunched over and very tired.
Going to the Doctor today. I will ask for pre pictures. My old TT was vertical not horizontal like I said before, sorry the drugs...

Tomorrow is day 49. & weeks post op.
My belly button still oozing everytime after I take a shower and clean the area with swab dipped in alcohol as the doctor suggested.
It looks like its coming from the old TT scar that maybe can not stand the pressure. But why now? It started at 5 weeks postop.
The center part of the tummy is still so stiff and hard like little rocks are in there, there is still swelling on the sides of it. I tried on my pre op jeans size 2 that fit me before, they still do not botton up, which means there is still quiet a bit of swelling around. The only thing I feel comfortable in, are elastic leggings and loose tops and dresses. Wearing a bra is still very uncomfortable. I went to buy one bigger, I normaly wear 34d, I bout a 36D thinking it will feel loose. no, it hurts too. so I have to wear a tshirt so my boobs not show under any fabric.
My doctor is out of the couintry returning tomorrow. I just wonder if I should call him and question, am I the only one feeling still out of it after 7 weeks or because this is a revision my healing will take longer, and be honest with me how much longer?? I still wear the binder most of the day and night, because it feels better, though for the night time I keep it loose.
I keep checking my weight every 2 days. I was 4 pound less, at week 4. I an now only 2 lb less. did I gain weight? is it swelling?
I wish I had a crystal ball so I can tell if at 8 weeks I will see an improvement. I have an international trip planned for Feb 20. is 5 more weeks going to give me enough time to feel almost 100%??

Unfortunately this swelling takes a while.  You will have good days and bad and will swing between the two.

I did not notice a change in my clothes until almost month three.

Keep in touch with your doctor about the belly button oozing.  I would have thought that would be dried up by now.   But you are feeling better each week right?
Day 38. I can tell I am getting better. Too slow in my opinion, but I am walking pretty straight now. still tired and not back to my normal self. The DR. said 2 more weeks... Swelling is down to very little, yet I still can't fit in my jeans. I can hardly wear a bra, because it hurts too much under the rib cage from the central muscle that was worked on all the way inside the rib cage. The area is very tender and so is my "bra bulges" in the back where he used the Invasix laser to take out fat.I still have slight oozing from my belly botton, he said its normal and healing. just clean with alcohol after shower. I know the end is near. When I asked the Doctor why he did not prepared me for such a long recovery time, he said if he had told me it will be so hard I would have been too scared to do it. Thank god for the support from this site so I can read I am not the only one who went thru hell... Picture will be posted soon.

5 months later, there is improvemnet but I am...

5 months later, there is improvemnet but I am still recovering ever so slowly.
I have experienced pain in the right side center which may be a nerve issue.
My left side center is swallen and the muscle that was orked on at the to, near the rib cage is boldging on the left only. Doctor said it may be scar tissue, qand I have a very uneven tummy which he said I may need an other revision to correct all that...of course paying extra for the surgery center...

Its 8 months now. Although its looks better than...

Its 8 months now.
Although its looks better than back in November, it is still not looking good at all.
For all the apin and struggle I am really not showing much.
I am posting new pictures I just took, I think I need lipo and who knows what else??
Ok, it has been one year and 5 months, I finally went to see the PS for the lipo he thought would fix it.
I had it done April 24. His service was free, I did have to pay for the surgery center. compare to what happened to me 17 months ago, this was a walk in the park, I almost forget I had a procedure if not for the binder and very little swelling. I take it off for showering and it looks so good, I am happy but afraid I may be happy too soon? Will post pictures soon.

How frustrating for you:(

It's crazy how the fat can shift around in the body.  Definitely go for the second opinion before you do anything else.  You have been through so much.

Please do let me know what happens.

I think so, He offered it and I think I will do it in October. I hope that is the reason for the bodges.
Did you see the recent pictures I posted?
I can still fit in my size 2 pants if ther are low, but my waist is still 1 inch more than before tt.
I think streching it down just brought the fat from upper abdomen to mid section.
I still feel the skin streched and numb but no more pain from pulled areas inside. Funny enough, I did gain the weight back plus 1 lb and it went to my butt and boobs, or upper back all I know is that my dresses are very tight on top. I will keep all posted when I know more. I thik I will go to a 2nd opinion. As this was a 2nd TT it should have been perfect by now.
Orange County Plastic Surgeon

I think he is very knowlegable and has performed many abdominoplasy.He was honest to tell me that lipo alone will not work and that I needed a 2nd TT