Had Twins & need to get rid of my jelly belly!

I've always been fit, healthy and in good shape....

I've always been fit, healthy and in good shape. When I fell pregnant with my first I was a size 4, around 132lbs (I'm 5,7") and then after her I was pretty much a 6 (138lbs) mostly until I fell pregnant with twins. I put on 50lbs with the twins which is pretty good. I have lost the weight slowly over the last 9months but I stopped producing milk so didn't have the bonus of that calorie burner! I have worked hard on exercising and eating right - being healthy comes easy to me; but I just cannot get rid of the rest of this weight. I'm around 148 now but my belly pushes out a lot. In addition to a jelly belly (as my OBGYN called it!) I think I have a bit of Diastasis recti because it seems to get worse the more crunches I do! Anyway, I decided to get some lipo done to remove some excess fat and to contour my body in a way I would have loved my whole life (Ive always carried excess weight in my love handles/back/thighs & belly).

I am excited and nervous for my surgery but feel very confident in deciding to go with Dr Nichter.
Will upload BEFORE pics tomorrow which will be the day before surgery.

Meds advise

I've had anesthesia (and 2 C-sections) a few times in my life & I value the protocol that Dr Nichter & Dr Scott use:
- 3 days before with Bromelain and Arnica (homeopathic medicines)
- day before with a Scopolamine patch for nausea
- 1-3hrs before surgery, EMEND pill for nausea (apparently this is very good)
- Antibiotic after surgery (3 pills)
- Zofran for nausea as needed

The best advise from Dr Scott was allowing me to drink fluids up to 3hrs before surgery. He said new evidence from Europe suggests this leads to less nausea. I've always thought this since I get low blood sugar and Ive always thought that's what makes me so sick (increased stomach acids).
Anyway I will report back after surgery tomorrow to let you know how it all went.

Almost 6 days post op

Finally getting a chance to upload before/after pics.
I had afternoon surgery so at 5pm today will be 6 days since my surgery.
My recovery has been rough! The discomfort/pain has been a lot & not being able to be a mom to my 3 kids has been heart wrenching :-(
My dr put some information in my folder about the emotional ups and downs of surgery and I seem to be fitting the curve. I'm feeling down about the whole thing to be honest. My body doesn't feel like my own; I'm in pain. My tummy looks a bit out of proportion to my thighs now....
I know this is a moment in time & it will all get better. I just need time to heal & get used to it all. Any advise welcome.

Seem to be getting over the negativity

I've had a really rough time emotionally with this surgery. I've been in a lot of pain and as I wrote before, its been rough to not be a Mom to 3 kids, 2 of whom aren't even 10months old.
My body doesn't seem like my own - my Dr took a lot of fat out of my belly and its flat which should be a yay but its all swollen and lumpy and my belly button looks like a tummy tuck belly button to me. I'm hoping once the stitch comes out and the swelling goes down more, it will look more like my tummy. I'm also worried my thighs are now still quite large in comparison. I think this is the nit-picky phase - ack!
I wish I had tried harder to lose more weight before surgery - I think I let things slide a bit. But in my defense I work out 5x a week hard (am very fit with a resting heart rate bet 57-62) but I do drink wine almost every night. Other than that, my diet is clean. I think my body was just clinging onto fat reserves from pregnancy. Losing weight has never been easy for me - I think my body either goes into starvation mode very quickly if I restrict too much and if I don't restrict enough it adjusts. blah!

Over the hardest part!

Into Day 8 is when things started to get easier for me. It's the first day I felt positive & feelings of happiness towards my body.
I've been able to hold my kids & get stuff done & my swelling is getting better & better every day! Thanks goodness!

Almost 8 weeks out

Been meaning to update & finally got around to uploading pics! I'm very happy overall with the results & this process totally got me into a good mojo & I've lost weight on my own in other areas so I look really in proportion now. My skin/body is settling in nicely & looking more like me. I even appeared in a bikini recently in public!! I still have numbness in my lower back & some itching & hard nodules/balls of tight areas in places which need to soften. I think in another 4weeks this will all fall away. When I do a plank I still have some diastis recti so my tummy falls down which sucks & I have some loose skin which you see if I lie over to the side. I'm working out & toning a lot with weights so hope to tighten everything up more over the coming weeks. I'm following some great fitness experts for motivation :-)
Orange County Plastic Surgeon

My experience with Dr Nichter and the staff at Pacific Center for Plastic Surgery in Newport Beach has so far been a very positive one! The offices are really nicely done and you feel at home. I had my initial consult with Stephanie who was wonderful! Dr Nichter lived up to the reviews about him - he has a wonderful, calm and communicative bedside manner. We had a great meeting and he advised me on what he could achieve with Lipo. We did discuss a breast aug revision since mine was done 13years ago but I opted against it for now. If this goes well my plan would be to come back to him to have the revision done in a few years. Since pre-op I did have some hiccups with my medication being communicated incorrectly - so my advise is to check and double check everything, especially if you are taking something that might have contraindications. My experience with my anesthesiologist, Dr Scott, was also superb. I have never had a pre-op with an anesthesiologist before so this in itself was impressive. He thoroughly explored my medical history and we talked in detail about the procedure and expectations. It really eased my mind to have had this meeting. It seems Dr Scott and Dr Nichter have worked together for quite some time and have, together, developed a system that works wonderfully for patients. They really seem to have developed their business with the patient at the forefront. Very impressive. I will post updates after I have had the surgery.