Rhinoplasty Before and Afters

I am 5'1 and 90 lbs. As you can see...

I am 5'1 and 90 lbs. As you can see from my befores, I think I had one of the most difficult noses to work with on this website. My Plastic Surgeon is a MIRACLE worker. I couldn't be more pleased. He over-rotated my nose so that when it naturally drops it will be in my desired position.

Some of you have been asking for photos of me now...

Thank you for all of your personal messages. The most common question I am getting is if my nose is sloped or straight and if sloped, why I chose a slight slope rather than straight. I would honestly say its a bit of a mixture. People usually assume sloped with "cute" and straight with "natural." My surgeon came up with a "naturally cute" approach. Sorry that I can't give you guys more insight to any digital imaging, or how I decided what to do with my nose because I literally just told my surgeon "I trust you." That's literally it... no digital imaging, nothing. I put my trust in him 1000% and I believe he delivered :) I am currently 13 days post op. Still very swollen. Had an allergic reaction to bactroban a few nights ago :(

Too Much to Respond To

Hi all!
I have decided to take a break from RealSelf! It has been hard for me to take time out of school/work/life to answer you all and then I feel really guilty :( Will Hopefully be back in a few weeks and can do a FULL review of my journey, like you all have, rather than just before and after pictures :)
I wish you all happy healing

For those Who are PMing me for my before/afters...

I would be happy to send you my Before/Afters if you provide me with your email via PM under the following conditions:
You must have an established review on RealSelf with photos etc... Sorry but I have been getting some really weird requests for photos and also some weird messages from men.
~Thanks for understanding :)

New Posting with My plastic surgeons info, and all my before and Afters :)

So I just sent in a request to do a new listing, since I am overwhelmed with the amount of messages I am getting. I felt like adding to this was confusing since I have changed whether to Pm or email etc.. It just already seemed so long without info. They didn't let me do another rhino one since I have this so I did it under revision rhinoplasty but put that it was my primary, I hope they don't flag it because I put so much time and effort into that and I don't want to lose the info :( Here are some before and afters for now, lets cross our fingers that my other listing gets accepted or at least they forward me what I had written so I can post it onto this one.

Rhinoplasty Miracle Worker

I was not active in my other posting for my primary, and it seems jumbled and difficult to follow. I also mentioned to PM me if you'd like photos but I have decided just to put hearts on my eyes and allow them to be posted. Please excuse this, as I am only writing a new review to be more clear.
I would like to address the questions you have all been asking me:
Q) How did you decide to go through with Dr. Daniel?
A) We can all simulate photos, including ones posted to a physicians site. I had seen real-life examples
of Dr. Daniels work and was amazed at how natural, yet cute they looked. Yes, I did plenty of research
on other surgeons, only to come back to Dr. Daniel.
Q) How did your pre-op appointment work?
A) Dr. Daniel spends an incredible amount of time looking at and inside your nose, and addressing all concerns, as well as mentioning the newest research on Rhinoplasty that can help you. He allows YOU plenty of time to tell him what you'd like and what you're unhappy with. His bedside manner is impeccable. After this, you go into a different room with Amy, the patient consultant. She sits with you for however long you need discussing payment, surgery dates and also my favorite part: looking at tons of Dr. Daniels before and afters so you can put post-its on your favorites. What I LOVE about this versus computer imaging is that you can see what can REALLY be done. I see so many RealSelfers relying on before and afters that surgeons have given them, but in all honesty, I could photoshop the same image. It doesn't mean that I will be successful in providing that result for you. I guess for most people its reassurance, however the most reassurance I could get is by seeing real-life possible work.
Q) Your nose looks slightly sloped but still natural and kind of straight, which is it? How did you pick?
A) Ahh, Dr. Daniels speciality... "the suggestion of a slope" and the "naturally cute" approach. I guess its a little bit of both and he does a wonderful job executing this balance. I honestly didn't say much to Dr. Daniel when I came in other than "I trust you, do what you think is best." And I took his suggestions.
Q) Did your surgery take place inside his office? At a hospital? How was your anesthesia?
A) Dr. Daniel performs surgery at a state-of-the-art Newport Beach Surgery Center. It is an outpatient surgery center with the UTMOST care. I have never been taken care of so well by nurses, and unfortunately, I have been in the hospital many times. The huge plus? You're literally right next to Newport Hoag Hospital for added reassurance. The surgery center was so incredible that I sent them in a survey commending them, something that I never have time to do. Anesthesia was easy-peasy! That was honestly my biggest worry. Dr. Daniel uses only MD anesthesiologists, and general anesthesia so that they have complete control over your airway. The day before, my anesthesiologist actually called me to go over some of the basics and to address any concerns I may have. I will continue more with this on the next question.
Q) How did surgery day go?
A) If I could go back, I would do this day one zillion times over again. It was like my wedding day. I seriously even bought some very cute Victorias Secret Sequin Sweats for the day, and kept referring to it as "my wedding dress." I showed up, filled out paperwork, and was brought to the back immediately. I was Dr. Daniels first surgery of the day. I got changed into my surgery gear, and then tucked into a warm comfy bed. My nurse came and introduced herself to me, and then started my IV and gave me some fluids through it. I relaxed for about 20 minutes, while Dr. Daniel and Dr. Snyder (my anesthesiologist) were briefing on my surgery. During my wait, multiple nurses came up to me and told me how lucky I was that Dr. Daniel was doing my nose, and they don't even work for him so I knew they were being honest. Next to me, Dr. Kosins was doing a patients tummy tuck. He also is part of Dr. Daniels practice and does all of the other procedures that Dr. Daniel doesn't do, since Dr. D does rhinoplasty only. P.S. Dr. Kosins is super cute. More on him later... After my short wait, Dr. Snyder came over and we joked around for a bit and then he said he was going to gimme something to make me relax before surgery, since I was still in comfortable pre-op. That thing was great, I immediately felt woozy and happy. I literally said "Oh my gosh this stuff is AWESOME." That is the last I remember. They then wheeled me into the operating room, moved me onto the table and started my anesthesia. So glad I didn't have to walk into the cold scary operating room and hop onto the table. Next thing I remember, I woke up in recovery and was super irritated that they wouldn't let me pee haha but it was only because I was still half out from anesthesia. No Pain or other discomfort though. The nurse even put a bed pan under me, but I refused to go in it. Anyways she was so nice and put up with my complaining. I think I fell asleep for another 15 min? Then she said she would take me to pee and I started to get up but felt just a PINCH of nausea, I think it was just from not eating to be honest, but as soon as I told the nurse she brought in a shot and gave it to me. I went to the bathroom with her help, and by the time I got back to my bed, my nausea was gone and I was pretty much awake. They brought my mom in, though Dr. Daniel had done a great job updating her on my surgery in the waiting room, he told her "her surgery couldn't have gone any better." I laid in recovery for another hour or so, and they gave me applesauce packets. BY THE WAY, BUY LOTS OF THESE!!! They're so great because you literally just stick the end in your mouth and squeeze it. No need for any spoons or opening your mouth (which actually hurts because you're so sore). After that, we got into the car and I went home. Surgery day 1 was easy-peasy. I took Percocet and was comfortable. The rest of the week was difficult for me, mainly because I am a stomach/face sleeper and didn't like sleeping on my back. All of this will pass. At one point, you get so frustrated that you can't taste, move your lip, sleep, or breathe through your nose and you feel like you'll never go back to normal. I assure you, in a couple weeks you WILL and you'll feel GREAT.
Q) Cast removal/packing?
A) I didn't have packing, but Dr. Daniel put in some tubes. I went to have these taken out on Day 6 along with my cast and the non-dissolvable sutures. By the way, Judy has ANGEL hands and none of this hurt at all. Same with Dr. Daniel. I just felt a few seconds of pressure. Judy was so sweet and held my hands as my tubes were coming out, because I was SO nervous from having read how painful it was. I did take one percocet before arriving. I was SO happy to see my new nose. I couldn't believe how straight it was. He gave me nostril retainers to wear at night, and taught me how to tape at night.
Q) Any advice on swelling?
A) Honestly, my nose looked different every day. It would puff up, then puff down in various areas. This is all normal and most of it was gone by 1 month. No I didn't notice any bumps or abnormal swelling. The only thing was that my nostrils were uneven but the retainers have done a GREAT job getting them mostly even (I am only 6 weeks out).
Q) Some of my own notes...
A) What I LOVE about Dr. Daniel is that he consistently produces impeccable frontal views AND profile views. Many of the nose jobs I have seen either look great from the front but not from the side or vice versa. I know many of you have that concern as well.
~I would be MORE than happy to answer any other questions, and I am sure Amy would be very happy to answer any other questions for you. I don't want to compromise my name, as I am a very private person, but feel FREE to write that "Peanut" referred you ;)
Orange County Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Daniel is incredible. He knows so much about the nose, and only performs Rhinoplasty. He is the co-founder of The Rhinoplasty Society and has written multiple textbooks on Rhinoplasty techniques. He is pioneer in the field, and is highly respected amongst surgeons everywhere. I have an extremely complicated nose, yet he made it look PERFECT. His staff, Amy and Judy, are also lovely to work with. Their follow up care is impeccable and the treatment that I received is flawless. I couldn't ask for a better plastic surgeon, one who actually understands that Rhinoplasty isn't just about changing the bone, but the cartilage as well. He has performed THOUSANDS of Rhinoplasty and travels around the world lecturing on it. You can look on his website for more info on his credentials, as they surpass what I am writing here

You look great!
Congrats on your surgery. I would love to see before and afters of your nose :).
Beautiful. Love how upturned it is! I could use more upturn on mine. Congrats!
Hi! It was Dr Daniel wasn't it? I'm happy you're happy!
oh just wanted to add that you look super pretty!
Your nose looks SO CUTE! I am like you - I trusted my surgeon 100% and showed him a few pictures of what I like, but then said that its up to him to do what he thinks look best! You must be so happy with your results, congratulations!!!
Wow by far the best results i've ever seen! the front and side profile look so natural and flawless! you are stunning
Thank You! You are the stunning one :) Those pix were only 6-8 days post-op. I am about to add some more. I can't even imagine how good it will look in the coming months!
Hi all, my plastic surgeon was NOT Dr. Elam. I would be happy to share who my surgeon was via personal message. I have received multiple messages asking if he is my surgeon, and wanted to make it clear that he is NOT so that people don't have a false lead :)
Your results are FAB! Thanks so much for sharing on RealSelf.
Congrats! Beautiful transformation.
Beautiful results! Do you mind if I ask who was your surgeon? Thank you :) again, they did a wonderful job!
can you tell me if the doc. in Newport beach was dr micheal elam