PicoSure - Newport Beach, CA

My dermatologist was the first to receive the...

My dermatologist was the first to receive the PicoSure laser in California so I decided to give it a go. I have never had any other laser removal done on my tattoo before PicoSure. My first treatment was in December and I received my second treatment today.
So far I have seen a huge difference in all the colors being faded- black, green, yellow, and lots and lots of red. I notice on this site that people say it doesn't work on red, but so far I have seen it fade as you can see in my photos. The nurse at my doctor's office assures me she has seen red disappear on other patients as well.
I have to be honest and say PicoSure is extremely painful! My tattoo is on the inside of my bicep so I'm not sure if that is the reason it is so painful or if it is for everyone. It just really, really hurts! I even took two Percoset before my appointment today, but it barely took the edge off. Be ready for some deep yoga breathing when you commit to multiple treatments of PicoSure.
After my first treatment my arm felt like it was on fire for hours and hours and sharp pains for about five days. My arm also had blisters all over the tattooed area. I kept it wrapped with gauze to keep the liquid from ruining my clothes once they opened up on their own. They also provided me with a very thick ointment to keep it moisturized so it wouldn't crack and be even more painful.
Today was my second treatment, which was just as painful, but only seemed to hurt for about two hours afterward. Now it's feeling ever so slightly sore. I hope the ink blasting keeps working as much as it did last month. I will update as it goes on.

Second Treatment Completed

So it's been almost a month since I had my second PicoSure treatment! I can't say it hurt any less than the first one. I took two percoset before my treatment and it did not help AT ALL. I won't bother next time. Here is the new photo! Amazing!!!

After Third Treatment

Ouch again.

Fourth treatment

Wasn't any less painful during treatment, but this time I didn't blister as badly as every other session. Looking good. Next treatment is on Friday.

And it continues...

I forgot to update after the last session so this photo is after two more sessions and I'm getting another one today. It has taken many more sessions than first thought, but is looking great and now I don't blister like I did previously. They also began a new laser last time I went on my red flowers, which is working GREAT!

New laser used on the red ink

Picosure wasn't working very well on the red ink so we switched to the med-lite laser for those of you who are curious. :)
Newport Beach Dermatologist

The Medlite seems to do the trick! Great to know, thanks for sharing.
Wow, it looks like you've had some great results so far! Glad to see it :)
Please keep us updated this is helping me shoot bc I have a similar tattoo. Thanks and your results are liking great!!! :-)
So the most recent photograph is after six treatments, is that right? Such an impressive result!
Looks amazing! Do u know the name of the New laser?
Medlite
Hi chicbbl, can you add the name of your laser to your review as an update, otherwise it will get lost in the comment thread. Thanks :) Eva
Wow - so good to see. You must be two thirds done already!!
She thinks I only have one more session to go! :)
That is crazy great results, oh my gosh!!! So happy for you, good luck on your treatment today.
Hi there :) your fading is amazing! Just wondering what new laser they used on your red ink? I have red/pink ink I'm removing and im on my 13th session and still need loads more
Hi....she uses the medlite laser on my red and pink. Hope you can get that too!
Great results! Do you mind if i ask how much he's charging you per session?
I do not pay per session. I paid for a package based upon the size of the tattoo and how many sessions she anticipated doing. Sorry! :)
Outstanding fading - so happy for you!!!!!
heey, I have a tattoo in the same place and your results have been so encouraging. Have you headed in for your 4th treatment yet?
Yes. I just took the photo today to update. Here we go....
thanks for the update! looks really good! Do you have an estimate to how many more treatments you'll be needing/do you plan on taking a break during the summer months?
You know the settings she used?
Very encouraging. Thanks for posting. I'm not quite ready to jump on the problems with red bandwagon either as I'm also seeing fading with mine..... Not as dramatic as your though.
Really good progress. How long are you leaving between treatments? Was you're most recent one in the last couple of days?
I'm trying to leave just four weeks in between sessions, but this time it was longer because I was out of town. I had my most recent treatment about three weeks ago. My next appointment is April 6th or so.
Four weeks is pretty close, but it's obviously working for you! Have you noticed any raised areas at all? I think the inner bicep is quite safe in terms of scarring, as it's pretty fleshy. Fingers crossed!
For weeks is what they recommended so I stuck to it. I have zero raised areas. Thank God! I just hope the red and pink comes off as they promised.
That's good! Are you using any oils or anything between treatments? Also, are they using a different laser to target the red?